Bagging Ivan

Wests Tigers Discussion
happy tiger

Re: Bagging Ivan

Post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 10:34 pm

Can I just say how impressed I was when I saw how Ivan handled the post match SOO interview in regards to the question about Nathan's performance

He very quickly deflected the question , commented on James Maloney's performance

This was one of my biggest concerns in the Nathan joining the WT's , no doubt any praise will be given outside the playing group and if a dressing down is required , it will happen

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 10:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 4:50 pm
Some posts be been a bit OTT.... he shouldn't be above valid criticism tho... We all have opinions imagine if we all had the same opinion... It'd be nothing more than
X2
X3
X4
etc
X2
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 10:56 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 10:48 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Some posts be been a bit OTT.... he shouldn't be above valid criticism tho... We all have opinions imagine if we all had the same opinion... It'd be nothing more than
X2
X3
X4
etc
X2
no, no, no - we are up to X4

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 11:03 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 10:56 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 10:48 pm
innsaneink wrote:
X2
X3
X4
etc
X2
no, no, no - we are up to X4
My bad

X5
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 2:50 am

As tragic Tigers fans many of us are always going to pick something apart and lately the trend is the team selection. Probably because those close losses hurt the most. I think we can all agree that Ivan has done wonders for the team and that the club is in good hands. But I know for me personally, I’m only frustrated that we haven’t found our rhythm while other teams are really starting to click and the omission of that one player forces the team to work that little bit harder. That is all.

I think we are all proud of the boys and they have more than surpassed our expectations - that first month was super impressive. And of course we respect what they put themselves through physically and whatnot. The fact we know what the boys are capable of and that we’re past the halfway mark with a chance to make the 8, naturally makes us extra critical.

tl;dr: Love that we’re competing and fighting til the death. Simply do not wish to see the boys play their arses off for nothing when the addition of player X could really add some value and strengthen our team.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 6:45 am

Wouldnt matter how well the coach performs human nature will dictate that some will find fault and ohers will defend.. Ivan will have to wear it like all people in the public eye.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 6:47 am

I have REBUILD FATIGUE!! This is a rare condition only affecting WestsTigers supporters .

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 7:08 am

I’m in for the long haul with Ivan hopefully. Not all his decisions will make sense to us in the short term because his long term goal is to build sustained success. I’m more than happy with our progress this year knowing me have some major deficiencies in our list.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 8:05 am

rex2ce wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 8:23 pm
The whole club is in good hands, nothing more to say really
Thank goodness for a concise, simple statement on where the club is at this instant!
This all started, when a Board and Chair of astute business-savvy men and woman were installed. This was followed by the rebuilding of the top management by the employment of astute, experienced people to these positions. Ivan Cleary was the final important piece of the puzzle.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 8:09 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 7:08 am
I’m in for the long haul with Ivan hopefully. Not all his decisions will make sense to us in the short term because his long term goal is to build sustained success. I’m more than happy with our progress this year knowing we have some major deficiencies in our list.
Me, too. The fans were told by Ivan Cleary, that the rebuild would take three years. Why is there all the criticism now?

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 8:22 am

MightyMaggy wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 8:09 am
larrycorowa wrote:
I’m in for the long haul with Ivan hopefully. Not all his decisions will make sense to us in the short term because his long term goal is to build sustained success. I’m more than happy with our progress this year knowing we have some major deficiencies in our list.
Me, too. The fans were told by Ivan Cleary, that the rebuild would take three years. Why is there all the criticism now?
Because some on here want it to happen yesterday.

I get it that patience is wearing thin with all the talk from previous Boards, CEO's and coaches saying we are rebuilding - in hindsight do you think these people were actually rebuilding with the teams we had, the cap problems we had and the expertise of these people? It was just a word thrown to the media in my opinion.

Apply the same criteria to current management, coaches and culture and tell me that this is not a REAL rebuild. Ivan says three years - I, at this stage, on the past years performance believe every word he says.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 8:49 am

You know its not about wanting it to happen immediately. I really think its simply because most people see we are very close. Just need a couple more pieces to the puzzle and we are all over the top 8.

Most people are excited is all.
Its an opinion!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 8:52 am

MightyMaggy wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:
First time I've heard a definitive time frame.... Was it similar to Mayer's?

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 9:01 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 9:25 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 7:21 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 7:06 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 7:03 pm

GNR, you make a lot of sense a lot of the time, but really, imo you're so far off the mark on this it's ridiculous. It's one thing to sign or re-sign players, but you can only do this with what's available. There was very little available in terms of quality and therefore, to a large degree his hands were tied. Of those he did sign, I'd love to hear who, in your opinion, would have been a better option for him than those that were at his disposal.
I’m not criticising the squad, I think it’s better than a lot of people give it credit for.
I'm not saying you're criticising the squad, but you're criticising the coaches selections and suggesting he made his bed & now he has to lay in it.
The fact is team is average and his team selections are restricted. Our average team is in the middle of the ladder. Seems ok. We've all said for years that we just want to be competetive. We are now. Next step is to be a threat. I'm sure we're heading in that direction. It's not an over night thing though.
Don’t mind GNR he just really misses JT and can’t handle that we have already won more games than last year and that defensively we are the best we have been in a long time despite the ex coach never being able to improve it.
Don't be stupid. Nobody misses JT. At the time, those that wanted him to stay were predominantly sick of the players running the show and wanted a contract to stay a contract. We were the laughing stock not because of JT. But rather due to those further up the food chain. GNR I think, is genuine in his criticism of the coach in terms of holding him to account, but off the mark in so far as the coach has had a very small pond in which to pick his fish to date.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 9:03 am

No coach could get more out of our current roster. We have over achieved so far in 2018 given the player quality we have at our disposal. Okay people will jump out and say Ivan assembled this roster, but I say he could only sign players that were willing to join us and plenty of players knocked us back. We also lost two probable 1st graders in Suli and Milne and have had half our spine in rehab most of the year.

Cleary is the best thing to happen to this club since 2005. Okay I am bewildered why killer is not playing no9 at present, but I also think Cleary knows a little more than me so I will trust his selections.

IMO we are in for a ugly ride home in 2018 but for one minute I dont blame the coach and I think there are a few teams that would kill to have IC on there books

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 9:04 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 8:52 am
MightyMaggy wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:
First time I've heard a definitive time frame.... Was it similar to Mayer's?
I think it’s Cleary’s contract Ink, 3 years (the 1/2 for last year was his eye opener)
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 9:09 am

Cleary said himself on NRL 360 that rebuilds generally take 3 years...no great top 8 >>> top 4 >>> premiership outlandish statements like peanut tho...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 9:11 am

He said - I think, in the Q and A or on a post match interview that it takes three years to rebuild a club (basically from scratch and that is a minimum).

Someone correct me if I am wrong.