About time many of you got a life.

Wests Tigers Discussion
GNR4LIFE

Re: About time many of you got a life.

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 4:25 pm

There is a happy medium where you can vent without going overboard. They've been a few examples in the past of posters going completely overboard, to the point you wonder what enjoyment they could possibly get out of following this team. Namely posters like Golden and Damo. Everything else has been pretty fair game. Sport generates emotion.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Thu 14 Jun, 2018 11:12 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:36 pm
Mccarry wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:35 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:46 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:52 pm

If players feel the need to come on here, and are offended, then they should not be professional athletes. Stop equating them to people like you and I. Criticism comes with the territory in their profession. Do you feel the same way about politicians?
X2

What a pc nerd comment to make Cheffo.
It goes hand in hand with elite sports. Fans are passionate. If you wanna be in the spotlight you better be prepared to deliver or get critiqued on it and at times by people who have never even laced up a boot.

Stay in the basement and turn the wi fi off if you don't like the discussion, take the good with the bad like anything else.
I would be very interested to understand why you believe being a professional athlete removes the need for people to treat you with respect and dignity.

I personally believe pay and success are not measures by which you weigh respect to another person. This goes both ways. Poor people Vs rich people, ordinary people Vs extra ordinary people.

The simplest rule that could apply online is don’t say something behind someone’s back (via a user name) that you wouldn’t say to someone’s face.

If you still want to spill bile then hey what’s left to say
Should the same apply to politicians?
Someone mentioned the loyalty shown to the colours of a club and for us(well myself anyway)to see our club go through the highs and lows, we as fans are always there.
We are a club that holds a battlers type tag, Boys from out west!
There’s heritage and tradition and a culture which is for any player a privilege to play for, if your not putting in then you are going hear about it.
Paying the admissions, buying the merch, memberships and so on gives us every right to have our say.
I haven’t jumped ship to another team ever, but players do for different reasons and money is usually one of those reasons, so when a player comes to our club gets the nod over some genuine other players and doesn’t even give %100...............bet your arse we are going to have an opinion.
It’s what we get in return for supporting them through all the above.
I’d say, for instance if Tui Lolohea doesn’t like to read that he’s not having go and has no courage than guess what, He can do 1 of 2 things.
Have a go and give it his all.
Or give %75 and get hammered for it.
A true footballer wouldn’t give a rats bum what someone on a league forum wrote about them anyway.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:19 am

Well said

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:41 am

king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:52 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:42 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:36 pm
^^^ says it all ^^^

As I suspected, you think youre more a supporter than others here.

Bravo

I love the "I dont bag the team, coach, CEO etc because I'm a true supporter".....what a load of crap.

As long as players try I'm ok. But Russell Packer ia a quality front rower playing like a scared schoolboy on big money. He should be called out on that. Only mugs like tigers17 are ok with that.
Didn't you say on Tuesday that we would get beat by 50 with the team Ivan selected.
As per usual you're well short of the mark.
42 in fact.

As long as your happy with another loss and underperforming players on big money.

I dont care about the loss. I care about guys like Packer taking us for a free ride. I was concerned how easily he left the dragons after they gave him a lifeline. Now, with a 4 year deal with the tigers, he is showing what I was worried about. A true man would have rewarded the dragons and stayed, instead he left for a payday and easy ride. But as l long as your happy with him.

I don’t have any problem with Packer leaving the Dragons as long as he completed his contract with Them,
what does P me off is the 4 year contract( and I believe that Reynolds is on the same length contract as well)
Packer is a dime a dozen prop and was a big risk that panned out for awhile but hasn’t lasted very before dropping off Badly,
As has Matulino

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:50 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:41 am
king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:52 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:42 pm

I love the "I dont bag the team, coach, CEO etc because I'm a true supporter".....what a load of crap.

As long as players try I'm ok. But Russell Packer ia a quality front rower playing like a scared schoolboy on big money. He should be called out on that. Only mugs like tigers17 are ok with that.
Didn't you say on Tuesday that we would get beat by 50 with the team Ivan selected.
As per usual you're well short of the mark.
42 in fact.

As long as your happy with another loss and underperforming players on big money.

I dont care about the loss. I care about guys like Packer taking us for a free ride. I was concerned how easily he left the dragons after they gave him a lifeline. Now, with a 4 year deal with the tigers, he is showing what I was worried about. A true man would have rewarded the dragons and stayed, instead he left for a payday and easy ride. But as l long as your happy with him.

I don’t have any problem with Packer leaving the Dragons as long as he completed his contract with Them,
what does P me off is the 4 year contract( and I believe that Reynolds is on the same length contract as well)
Packer is a dime a dozen prop and was a big risk that panned out for awhile but hasn’t lasted very before dropping off Badly,
As has Matulino
Yeah but they're better than Woods and Ava....

Twal is the man tho.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

matchball

Post by matchball » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 2:19 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm
tiga4eva wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:03 pm
So nobody can have an opinion that’s different to yours. Great post Champ
Different Opinion, couldn't care less.
What irks me is the constant whinging.
Learn to take the good with the bad.
You contradict yourself here.
You want others to learn to take the good with the bad.
Why don't you take the bad with the good?

This is a public forum. If you don't like certain posters put them on your ignore list. Add me on it so i can avoid your future petulant rants.

Thanks.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 2:38 pm

Bahahahah... Well said matchball

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:34 pm

matchball wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 2:19 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:

This is a public forum. If you don't like certain posters put them on your ignore list. Add me on it so i can avoid your future petulant rants.

Thanks.
Snap 😂
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:38 pm

matchball wrote:
Tigers17 wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:

Thanks.
Certainly got the bad tonight , worst for a while

Tanks on empty , really concerning what I saw tonight

matchball

Post by matchball » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:32 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:34 pm
matchball wrote:
Tigers17 wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:

Thanks.
Snap 😂
It's amazing that he had the ego to make the thread. The original post sounds like a diary entry of an angst filled teenager.

I'm guessing he is an only child.
They hate sharing.