About time many of you got a life.

Wests Tigers Discussion
hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 8586
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Re: About time many of you got a life.

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:40 pm

Ivan is only one mind ..
We “the forum” are a “Hive Mind”...
A collective of superior intelligence!

Ivan needs to log on !


king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:36 pm
^^^ says it all ^^^

As I suspected, you think youre more a supporter than others here.

Bravo

I love the "I dont bag the team, coach, CEO etc because I'm a true supporter".....what a load of crap.

As long as players try I'm ok. But Russell Packer ia a quality front rower playing like a scared schoolboy on big money. He should be called out on that. Only mugs like tigers17 are ok with that.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

hodgo
Member
Member
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat 04 Sep, 2010 2:03 am

Post by hodgo » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm

I agree tbh so many peeps on here that are just nasty as. I like you am proud of a bu ch of misfits and has beens that fight every week. How many clubs lose theoretically there top 4 players and a bunch of others And actually compete week in week out. We dont have the talent the dogs, raiders, titans, actually probably dont have better talent then any team in the comp but we have heart.

I have always wanted a mute button on this forum so you can choose the people you find interesting and ignore then same auper negative dudes that have never posted a positive thing ever

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5678
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:03 pm
So nobody can have an opinion that’s different to yours. Great post Champ
x1,000,000
Go hard or go home

Tigers17
Member
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat 04 Feb, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Tigers17 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:42 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:36 pm
^^^ says it all ^^^

As I suspected, you think youre more a supporter than others here.

Bravo

I love the "I dont bag the team, coach, CEO etc because I'm a true supporter".....what a load of crap.

As long as players try I'm ok. But Russell Packer ia a quality front rower playing like a scared schoolboy on big money. He should be called out on that. Only mugs like tigers17 are ok with that.
Didn't you say on Tuesday that we would get beat by 50 with the team Ivan selected.
As per usual you're well short of the mark.
42 in fact.


Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:47 pm

Im getting over his support staff. Webster kelly and the bloke that come from knights done nothing.

User avatar
Roar Power
Member
Member
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue 12 Jul, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Roar Power » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm

As disappointing as these close matches are, the Tigers are moving in the right direction. We have definitely improved since last season. Our defence has been consistently solid. We are struggling on offence and still trying to put 80 minutes together.

Some of the other posters here are right - we are a few decent players short of having a consistent top 8 side. We need a little more X-factor. Whether it is N Cleary, Taupau, Mbye, Rona or whoever else - the coach knows this and is trying to recruit that way.

I don't think we can expect more than what has already been achieved in 2018. At the end of the day we are in a rebuilding program. What I know is 2019 will be more successful than 2018 and 2020 will be even better.

If they continue to improve as a team, its a win. We are 1-2 seasons off being a serious contender....

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:52 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:42 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:36 pm
^^^ says it all ^^^

As I suspected, you think youre more a supporter than others here.

Bravo

I love the "I dont bag the team, coach, CEO etc because I'm a true supporter".....what a load of crap.

As long as players try I'm ok. But Russell Packer ia a quality front rower playing like a scared schoolboy on big money. He should be called out on that. Only mugs like tigers17 are ok with that.
Didn't you say on Tuesday that we would get beat by 50 with the team Ivan selected.
As per usual you're well short of the mark.
42 in fact.

As long as your happy with another loss and underperforming players on big money.

I dont care about the loss. I care about guys like Packer taking us for a free ride. I was concerned how easily he left the dragons after they gave him a lifeline. Now, with a 4 year deal with the tigers, he is showing what I was worried about. A true man would have rewarded the dragons and stayed, instead he left for a payday and easy ride. But as l long as your happy with him.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5678
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:55 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:13 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:37 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:33 pm
Some people like to vent and point out what they see as negatives. They have every right to do that as much as you have every right to keep a sunny disposition. Just learn to roll with it as everyone is different and are going to respond differently to situations. The only thing you can control is you.
Bro I don't have a sunny disposition.
I was taught sometime back, there is no gain without some pain.
Too many years of pain and this season is shaping up to be similar. When’s the gain? Next season? In 5 years? Never? Being positive is great. Being ignorant of blatant faults and flaws is how West’s are where they are.

Today’s game is a big cross against cleary. Lolo has done nothing to support he would of played and different to what he showed us today but was still selected. If this was potter or JT this place would be on fire but somehow CLEARY has earned the right to Avoid criticism cause he did something at another club years ago? Stupid stupid logic.
Not me mate, I think Tui is a bludger who shirks the tough stuff, should be punted ASAP, but I will cut Cleary some slack as we don't have a lot of options, but we have enough options to punt Tui though
Go hard or go home

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5396
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:03 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:55 pm
My devotion to the West Tigers is as strong as any contributor on this forum.

I follow a policy of not Bagging the Coach Ivan Cleary. His record speaks for itself, he has done exactly the same job as required by the Tigers at the Warriors and Penrith.
If his many detractors on this forum should actually listen and digest to what he has said time and time again, "The rebuilding of this club is in its INFANCY.
Nobody can argue he has turned our defence around, he has turned us into a side that competes until the final whistle EVERYWEEK.

I don't bag the CEO, Justin Pascoe who inherited a club in a diabolical state. Under his leadership record membership, record sponsorship. Front office in the best shape its been for well over a decade.

I don't bag the players who play in one of the hardest physical sports on the planet, and at this time of the season many are carrying niggling injuries week in week out. To be able to play and sustain an NRL career takes a lot of ability, toughness and a lot of guts, and some backbone, something that's sadly lacking in a great many posters on this forum.

Some of the criticisms levelled at both Ivan and the team are just INFANTILE. (Adjective-characteristics of or befitting an infant, childish).
Can you please explain the record that Ivan has that speaks for itself?
11 seasons coaching for 5 finals appearances
1 grand final appearance for zero wins
284 games coached 134 wins, 147 losses & 3 draws (47.2% wins).

He is not the messiah.
Who is the Messiah? I like to know.

Red88 Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri 08 Dec, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Red88 Tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:07 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm
As disappointing as these close matches are, the Tigers are moving in the right direction. We have definitely improved since last season. Our defence has been consistently solid. We are struggling on offence and still trying to put 80 minutes together.

Some of the other posters here are right - we are a few decent players short of having a consistent top 8 side. We need a little more X-factor. Whether it is N Cleary, Taupau, Mbye, Rona or whoever else - the coach knows this and is trying to recruit that way.

I don't think we can expect more than what has already been achieved in 2018. At the end of the day we are in a rebuilding program. What I know is 2019 will be more successful than 2018 and 2020 will be even better.

If they continue to improve as a team, its a win. We are 1-2 seasons off being a serious contender....
X2
I haven't seen most games but try and listen on the radio so don't necessarily have a robust opinion on most issues. But what I really like about this year is the fact that I can check the score and I'm getting less fearful of a flogging

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3023
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:31 pm

Hey Tigers17

If you don't like what some are writing on this forum.

Don't visit it, no one is forcing you to be here.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4348
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:32 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:55 pm
My devotion to the West Tigers is as strong as any contributor on this forum.

I follow a policy of not Bagging the Coach Ivan Cleary. His record speaks for itself, he has done exactly the same job as required by the Tigers at the Warriors and Penrith.
If his many detractors on this forum should actually listen and digest to what he has said time and time again, "The rebuilding of this club is in its INFANCY.
Nobody can argue he has turned our defence around, he has turned us into a side that competes until the final whistle EVERYWEEK.

I don't bag the CEO, Justin Pascoe who inherited a club in a diabolical state. Under his leadership record membership, record sponsorship. Front office in the best shape its been for well over a decade.

I don't bag the players who play in one of the hardest physical sports on the planet, and at this time of the season many are carrying niggling injuries week in week out. To be able to play and sustain an NRL career takes a lot of ability, toughness and a lot of guts, and some backbone, something that's sadly lacking in a great many posters on this forum.

Some of the criticisms levelled at both Ivan and the team are just INFANTILE. (Adjective-characteristics of or befitting an infant, childish).
Can you please explain the record that Ivan has that speaks for itself?
11 seasons coaching for 5 finals appearances
1 grand final appearance for zero wins
284 games coached 134 wins, 147 losses & 3 draws (47.2% wins).

He is not the messiah.
That's what they said about Jesus.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4348
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:36 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:36 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:32 pm
This is going better than first thought..
Even the scarecrow got us to 9th without a salary cap !

Ivan’s clutch is slipping ....its a steep hill I’m afraid and we’re about to hit the glory bound rounds .
No not slipping - it's an automatic.

User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2189
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:39 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:55 pm
My devotion to the West Tigers is as strong as any contributor on this forum.

I follow a policy of not Bagging the Coach Ivan Cleary. His record speaks for itself, he has done exactly the same job as required by the Tigers at the Warriors and Penrith.
If his many detractors on this forum should actually listen and digest to what he has said time and time again, "The rebuilding of this club is in its INFANCY.
Nobody can argue he has turned our defence around, he has turned us into a side that competes until the final whistle EVERYWEEK.

I don't bag the CEO, Justin Pascoe who inherited a club in a diabolical state. Under his leadership record membership, record sponsorship. Front office in the best shape its been for well over a decade.

I don't bag the players who play in one of the hardest physical sports on the planet, and at this time of the season many are carrying niggling injuries week in week out. To be able to play and sustain an NRL career takes a lot of ability, toughness and a lot of guts, and some backbone, something that's sadly lacking in a great many posters on this forum.

Some of the criticisms levelled at both Ivan and the team are just INFANTILE. (Adjective-characteristics of or befitting an infant, childish).
Can you please explain the record that Ivan has that speaks for itself?
11 seasons coaching for 5 finals appearances
1 grand final appearance for zero wins
284 games coached 134 wins, 147 losses & 3 draws (47.2% wins).

He is not the messiah.
If you can't see the impressive content there, then you should chuck it in.

These stats outline teams fortunes whilst in rebuilding stages with this coach.

What's not to like?

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 6953
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:39 pm

Not reading original post cos the thread title is ridiculous.

Stay off the forum if you can't discuss with the big boys.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3221
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:57 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 7:39 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:55 pm
My devotion to the West Tigers is as strong as any contributor on this forum.

I follow a policy of not Bagging the Coach Ivan Cleary. His record speaks for itself, he has done exactly the same job as required by the Tigers at the Warriors and Penrith.
If his many detractors on this forum should actually listen and digest to what he has said time and time again, "The rebuilding of this club is in its INFANCY.
Nobody can argue he has turned our defence around, he has turned us into a side that competes until the final whistle EVERYWEEK.

I don't bag the CEO, Justin Pascoe who inherited a club in a diabolical state. Under his leadership record membership, record sponsorship. Front office in the best shape its been for well over a decade.

I don't bag the players who play in one of the hardest physical sports on the planet, and at this time of the season many are carrying niggling injuries week in week out. To be able to play and sustain an NRL career takes a lot of ability, toughness and a lot of guts, and some backbone, something that's sadly lacking in a great many posters on this forum.

Some of the criticisms levelled at both Ivan and the team are just INFANTILE. (Adjective-characteristics of or befitting an infant, childish).
Can you please explain the record that Ivan has that speaks for itself?
11 seasons coaching for 5 finals appearances
1 grand final appearance for zero wins
284 games coached 134 wins, 147 losses & 3 draws (47.2% wins).

He is not the messiah.
If you can't see the impressive content there, then you should chuck it in.

These stats outline teams fortunes whilst in rebuilding stages with this coach.

What's not to like?
4 Seasons at Penrith
15th, 10th, 4th, 11th
12th, 11th, 2nd, 12th before he go there.
6th & 7th after he left.

6 Seasons at the warriors
10th, 4th, 8th, 14th, 5th, 6th
8th, 1st, 6th, 14th before he got there
14th, 11th, 9th after he left

He had some pretty good players at the warriors: Wiki, Tate, Price, Maloney, Mannering, Vatuvei, Rapira. I am not saying he is a terrible coach, but he is not Bellamy or Bennett. He has achieved results on par with the talent he has to work with. He does not have great talent here.

He overhauled the Panthers roster, but the results were not great. He brought a lot of young talent through, but I am not sure that we have that young talent here.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3221
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:14 pm

Is it a full moon tonight?

Post Reply