Wests Tigers Discussion
Mccarry

Re: About time many of you got a life.

Post by Mccarry » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:36 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:47 pm
Mccarry wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:08 pm
I tend to agree with the original poster. The is so much bile on our forum. The constant ‘solution’ is drop this player or that player

Like many have said we are a few key positions short.

I also agree with Ivan selecting Tui. We need to take the pain to be 100% sure he is not going to turn out great.

If you all remember back to Teddy’s first year you will remember the huge threads asking for him to be dropped. That said I am now pretty much at the end of my rope for Tui. The effort is just not there. Teddy sucked at first but the effort was there.
Haha I think we can be sure lol
Yeah I think your right Ink. That said we gave Brooks far far far more time.
Last edited by Mccarry on Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:36 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:35 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:46 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:52 pm
Cheffo wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:42 pm
I don’t post on here often, but felt compelled to support Tigers17. The bile and venom that comes from clearly the most ignorant is really quite soul destroying, which is why I limit my input. For example I’m not a fan of Lolohea and a number of other players we have, but what is the point of the scathing personal attacks? I hope like hell the players are banned from coming anywhere near this site as I wouldn’t be motivated to play for so many of you so called “supporters”. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and be able to express disappointment , but I can assure those with the most ignorant and venomous of opinions only serve to damage their own reputations and this forums.
If players feel the need to come on here, and are offended, then they should not be professional athletes. Stop equating them to people like you and I. Criticism comes with the territory in their profession. Do you feel the same way about politicians?
X2

What a pc nerd comment to make Cheffo.
It goes hand in hand with elite sports. Fans are passionate. If you wanna be in the spotlight you better be prepared to deliver or get critiqued on it and at times by people who have never even laced up a boot.

Stay in the basement and turn the wi fi off if you don't like the discussion, take the good with the bad like anything else.
I would be very interested to understand why you believe being a professional athlete removes the need for people to treat you with respect and dignity.

I personally believe pay and success are not measures by which you weigh respect to another person. This goes both ways. Poor people Vs rich people, ordinary people Vs extra ordinary people.

The simplest rule that could apply online is don’t say something behind someone’s back (via a user name) that you wouldn’t say to someone’s face.

If you still want to spill bile then hey what’s left to say
Should the same apply to politicians?

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:38 pm

Nah, just to other human beings

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:42 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Demps wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Cheffo wrote:
I don’t post on here often, but felt compelled to support Tigers17. The bile and venom that comes from clearly the most ignorant is really quite soul destroying, which is why I limit my input. For example I’m not a fan of Lolohea and a number of other players we have, but what is the point of the scathing personal attacks? I hope like hell the players are banned from coming anywhere near this site as I wouldn’t be motivated to play for so many of you so called “supporters”. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and be able to express disappointment , but I can assure those with the most ignorant and venomous of opinions only serve to damage their own reputations and this forums.
If players feel the need to come on here, and are offended, then they should not be professional athletes. Stop equating them to people like you and I. Criticism comes with the territory in their profession. Do you feel the same way about politicians?
X2

It goes hand in hand with elite sports. Fans are passionate. If you wanna be in the spotlight you better be prepared to deliver or get critiqued on it and at times by people who have never even laced up a boot.

Stay in the basement and turn the wi fi off if you don't like the discussion, take the good with the bad like anything else.
I would be very interested to understand why you believe being a professional athlete removes the need for people to treat you with respect and dignity.

I personally believe pay and success are not measures by which you weigh respect to another person. This goes both ways. Poor people Vs rich people, ordinary people Vs extra ordinary people.

The simplest rule that could apply online is don’t say something behind someone’s back (via a user name) that you wouldn’t say to someone’s face.

It's not about success it's about putting in for your team Tui is a lazy slob that is disrespecting the Tigers jersey. If he was putting in and we were losing I'd have nothing bad to say about the kid.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 5:25 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Demps wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Cheffo wrote:
X2

You clearly missed the posts of a user saying he would fight Packer for not playing well 😂

All a part of the parcel... If you're in the spotlight you will get both the positive and the negative.

Not everyone is a tree hugger. Sports fans are staunch and loyal. Its been this way forever and will never change.

There is always a line that shouldn't be crossed imo... For example racism and physically assaulting some one but to call a spade a spade is perfectly acceptable and if you think Paul Gallen is a dog that's your opinion... Express it.

The world is an exciting place when opinions differ and this is a great place if discussion.... No need to cry but u need to take a few lessons from InnsaneInk. Respect is earnt.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 5:48 pm

Paul Gallen is a dog.

/opinion
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 6:16 pm

Sometimes I think GI is with the few cheap shots he does on unprotected players already hindered.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 7:02 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 5:25 pm
Mccarry wrote:
Demps wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

X2

You clearly missed the posts of a user saying he would fight Packer for not playing well 😂

All a part of the parcel... If you're in the spotlight you will get both the positive and the negative.

Not everyone is a tree hugger. Sports fans are staunch and loyal. Its been this way forever and will never change.

There is always a line that shouldn't be crossed imo... For example racism and physically assaulting some one but to call a spade a spade is perfectly acceptable and if you think Paul Gallen is a dog that's your opinion... Express it.

The world is an exciting place when opinions differ and this is a great place if discussion.... No need to cry but u need to take a few lessons from InnsaneInk. Respect is earnt.
Calling Paul Gallen a dog is an insult
To my Dog
There is no way in hell I would kick my dog
Last edited by Cairnstigers on Tue 12 Jun, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:35 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:55 pm
My devotion to the West Tigers is as strong as any contributor on this forum.

I follow a policy of not Bagging the Coach Ivan Cleary. His record speaks for itself, he has done exactly the same job as required by the Tigers at the Warriors and Penrith.
If his many detractors on this forum should actually listen and digest to what he has said time and time again, "The rebuilding of this club is in its INFANCY.
Nobody can argue he has turned our defence around, he has turned us into a side that competes until the final whistle EVERYWEEK.

I don't bag the CEO, Justin Pascoe who inherited a club in a diabolical state. Under his leadership record membership, record sponsorship. Front office in the best shape its been for well over a decade.

I don't bag the players who play in one of the hardest physical sports on the planet, and at this time of the season many are carrying niggling injuries week in week out. To be able to play and sustain an NRL career takes a lot of ability, toughness and a lot of guts, and some backbone, something that's sadly lacking in a great many posters on this forum.

Some of the criticisms levelled at both Ivan and the team are just INFANTILE. (Adjective-characteristics of or befitting an infant, childish).
I totally agree with you in regards to the club

But you can't tell fans with less or more devotion to the club how they should support THEIR club

Be like telling everyone how they should cook their steak on the BBQ or what alcohol they drink

I think the fact we are 2/8 should concern all , but not be a matter to question the coach

You will have your answers after Rd 25 , judge then

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:35 pm
Tigers17 wrote:

I follow a policy of not Bagging the Coach Ivan Cleary. His record speaks for itself, he has done exactly the same job as required by the Tigers at the Warriors and Penrith.
If his many detractors on this forum should actually listen and digest to what he has said time and time again, "The rebuilding of this club is in its INFANCY.
Nobody can argue he has turned our defence around, he has turned us into a side that competes until the final whistle EVERYWEEK.

I don't bag the CEO, Justin Pascoe who inherited a club in a diabolical state. Under his leadership record membership, record sponsorship. Front office in the best shape its been for well over a decade.

I don't bag the players who play in one of the hardest physical sports on the planet, and at this time of the season many are carrying niggling injuries week in week out. To be able to play and sustain an NRL career takes a lot of ability, toughness and a lot of guts, and some backbone, something that's sadly lacking in a great many posters on this forum.

Some of the criticisms levelled at both Ivan and the team are just INFANTILE. (Adjective-characteristics of or befitting an infant, childish).
I totally agree with you in regards to the club

But you can't tell fans with less or more devotion to the club how they should support THEIR club

Be like telling everyone how they should cook their steak on the BBQ or what alcohol they drink

I think the fact we are 2/8 should concern all , but not be a matter to question the coach

You will have your answers after Rd 25 , judge then
Everyone in my house tells me how to cook the bloody steaks!! Drives me nuts
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 6:17 am

Tigers17 wrote:

The post title had me interested.....

What's the OP going to say, I expected it to be straight to the point given the insinuation that this person has a life.

I saw the 6 page essay and stopped reading after the first sentence.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 9:24 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 7:02 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 5:25 pm
Mccarry wrote:
Demps wrote:

X2

Calling Paul Gallen a dog is an insult
To my Dog
There is now way in hell I would kick my dog
Haha.
This guy!
He gets it.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:59 am

This is basically another Tui bashing thread tbh....I haven’t posted much of late as I have grown tired of the bashing. Whether it’s worthy or not is for individuals to decide. If you don’t like a thread skip over it.
All I’m judging is that the side is putting in for the entire 80 and I haven’t been disappointed so far. We are on the right track with Cleary but it’s just so frustrating how we beat ourselves so often. The officials haven’t helped much but you can’t rely on the rub of the green all the time.
We are definately short of a game breaker type player, Mybye fits that mound but who knows when he’s arriving.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

tonza

Post by tonza » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 3:41 pm

Just watched a replay of the game again. That was a mighty defensive effort by the team overall. A few disappointing moments but compared to last year, the players are really putting in and are a credit to their fans.

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 3:55 pm

tonza wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 3:41 pm
Just watched a replay of the game again. That was a mighty defensive effort by the team overall. A few disappointing moments but compared to last year, the players are really putting in and are a credit to their fans.
You watched it again???? Very brave. 😉

tonza

Post by tonza » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 4:05 pm

tigerbill wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 3:55 pm
tonza wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 3:41 pm
You watched it again???? Very brave. 😉
Yes. I like to watch it again with a cool head rather than as a one eyed Tiger fan. You can pick up little things that were not as clear the first time. e.g whether Reynolds or Lee took that ball out on the side line in the second half. It was actually the Cronulla No 4 who had possession when it went dead.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 4:20 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:59 am
This is basically another Tui bashing thread tbh....I haven’t posted much of late as I have grown tired of the bashing. Whether it’s worthy or not is for individuals to decide. If you don’t like a thread skip over it.
All I’m judging is that the side is putting in for the entire 80 and I haven’t been disappointed so far. We are on the right track with Cleary but it’s just so frustrating how we beat ourselves so often. The officials haven’t helped much but you can’t rely on the rub of the green all the time.
We are definately short of a game breaker type player, Mybye fits that mound but who knows when he’s arriving.
Lolohea has been dropped
Many many people are of the same opinion he doesnt give it his all....this team is really having a red hot go with what they have, he imo wasnt
If youre not disappointed in Lolos efforts youre either a poor judge or very easily pleased

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 10:03 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 4:20 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:59 am
Lolohea has been dropped
Many many people are of the same opinion he doesnt give it his all....this team is really having a red hot go with what they have, he imo wasnt
If youre not disappointed in Lolos efforts youre either a poor judge or very easily pleased
Happy with that news and happy with the team aswell..... finally gone with a fit and component no9.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign: