Pyjamaztehboss wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:31 am
Apparently we are getting $58 million?
Great news if true.

Re last paragraph

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/06/15/14/ ... ear-profit
I will believe it when we get it and not before
[/quo

Same here, its sort of like " we have heaps of potential" Heard it all before.
Tell me when it's halfway built.
Even then , Id still have doubts.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:36 am

Ivan cleary wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:06 am
Can someone please explain what the centre of excellence is don’t quite get it and also what we do with that money we supposedly get? Cheers
Shouldn't you know..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:48 am

Ivan cleary wrote:
Can someone please explain what the centre of excellence is don’t quite get it and also what we do with that money we supposedly get? Cheers
Basically it's facilities, however you might want that to look. Typically all of your training and admin needs brought together in one location, all modernised. Considering Concord Oval is over 40 years old, it tells you a lot about what can be done to revamp the site.

I don't believe the CoE has formalised plans yet, so roughly speaking I guess some combination of - office and retail space, meeting and video / conference rooms, gymnasiums, pool, physio and medical facilities, canteen. You have to make some significant percentage of it public-access to validate the council / government funding.

Given that Tigers are personally bringing in funding, I'd imagine they will have a large say in the design. But also they will need to consult with West Harbour, the soccer and hockey clubs to meet their needs as well.

Ivan cleary

Post by Ivan cleary » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:04 am

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:48 am
Ivan cleary wrote:
Basically it's facilities, however you might want that to look. Typically all of your training and admin needs brought together in one location, all modernised. Considering Concord Oval is over 40 years old, it tells you a lot about what can be done to revamp the site.

I don't believe the CoE has formalised plans yet, so roughly speaking I guess some combination of - office and retail space, meeting and video / conference rooms, gymnasiums, pool, physio and medical facilities, canteen. You have to make some significant percentage of it public-access to validate the council / government funding.

Given that Tigers are personally bringing in funding, I'd imagine they will have a large say in the design. But also they will need to consult with West Harbour, the soccer and hockey clubs to meet their needs as well.
Cheers mate!

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:21 am

Ivan cleary wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:04 am
jirskyr wrote:
Ivan cleary wrote:

Cheers mate!
This gives a bit more details and artist impression.... - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wests- ... vb2js.html

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:27 am

Funky looking, doubt it will look anything like that though.

So is it going on the existing Concord Oval site? That article mentioned nothing of it. We'll have to find a temporary home in the meantime while they build it.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:30 am

Here's a link with some of our original plans.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wests- ... vb2js.html

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:04 am

Great development in a good location. WIth all the fuss about WTs centralising operations in the South West, do we know if any bids were received from that region for a similar venue? It seems now the Club has determined its future in terms of location of operations.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:11 am

Open green spaces are very important for many reasons - I hope they are not going to build all over Concord Oval?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:36 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:11 am
Open green spaces are very important for many reasons - I hope they are not going to build all over Concord Oval?
I wouldn’t classify Concord Oval as an open green space. The public have very limited if any opportunity to use it.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:38 am

If this facility gets off the ground it will hopefully support us to lure a higher caliber of player. I’ve heard numerous times that our facilities are below par so having a new modern facility can only help.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:49 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:36 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
I wouldn’t classify Concord Oval as an open green space. The public have very limited if any opportunity to use it.
I attempted to delete my post but maybe too late. I just don't like how organised sport/governments is taking over what was passive green spaces, like when about 40 years ago when Parra Eels put a stadium in Parra Park. Keep the stadiums for new fields like Homebush not in heritage green spaces. For ages I cycled around Lidcombe Oval velodrome, it was almost the only safe place to cycle without having to concentrate on other vehicles. Council used to leave the gate open in daylight hours.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:53 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:49 am
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:36 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
I attempted to delete my post but maybe too late. I just don't like how organised sport/governments is taking over what was passive green spaces, like when about 40 years ago when Parra Eels put a stadium in Parra Park. Keep the stadiums for new fields like Homebush not in heritage green spaces. For ages I cycled around Lidcombe Oval velodrome, it was almost the only safe place to cycle without having to concentrate on other vehicles. Council used to leave the gate open in daylight hours.
I agree with you about the need for more green space, maybe this development will open the door for some.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 7:00 am

Lidcombe velodrome was great, could put music on and totally relax whilst getting exercise in winter time. That Concord Oval is right up against Parramatta Road, the athletes will be pumping hard and breathing in pure diesel. That is what I hated about cycling on roads.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 7:09 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:04 am
Great development in a good location. WIth all the fuss about WTs centralising operations in the South West, do we know if any bids were received from that region for a similar venue? It seems now the Club has determined its future in terms of location of operations.
This is location location on many fronts ,centrally located in the biggest city in the country ,not with standing the better facilities this is a huge draw for players not wanting to upturn there families for new contracts..Case in point Mbye stated it was great to only have to travel an extra ten minutes form home to his new work place and the kids to stay at existing school this could be a deal breaker in itself.
The South West farce hopefully has had its day ,the WestsTigers are an inner city and western suburb club, now for WSS for a home ground as the west is were it is going to happen over the next decade with a 1 million population growth over that period combined with the new airport and massive infrastructure and jods this will bring .
What a great start making a home base at Concord cementing the future..Western Sydney will be the engine room of the nation and the Tigers will be right in the middle of it !

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 7:42 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:27 am
Sabre wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 6:52 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 6:17 pm
Looks like this thing is finally gunna happen...differing $$$ amounts though make me wonder
Some money from Council, some money from State/elsewhere?
Yeah was something like $58 mil from NSW gov, possibly up to 100 mil if other conditions are met, now $30 mil from local council and something like $10 mil from the PCYC.

It's not just a centre for our boys to train, there'll be a range of other sporting arenas, and areas for youth development and education programs etc.

Really this thread should be merged with the original one so all the information and context is in the one thread. Mods?
Never saw $58mil from nsw govt. That was the total cost of the project. NSW govt had a total pot of $40mil to be spread across all clubs. We got $5.5mil, but had to meet several conditions. So it was restricted unlike other clubs. I'd say the recent confirmation from Canada Bay funding was a pretty significant one of those conditions.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 8:34 am

jirskyr wrote:
Ivan cleary wrote:
I played Western Suburbs Juniors rugby league on Concord Oval in 1957 and it was there during my High School years from 1951 to 1956. It was a great surface to play on in those days.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 8:48 am

This is an article, date 8th June, 2018 from the Canada Bay Council web site, which gives some additional information about the plans.

http://www.canadabay.nsw.gov.au/redevel ... -oval.html

Sorry. This is the right link.