Making your kids fans.

Wests Tigers Discussion
Red88 Tiger

Re: Making your kids fans.

Post by Red88 Tiger » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:09 am

The first ever game of football i watched on tv with my brother (11yrs older) grand final in 88. Lived out of town and didn't play sports so was a treat for me as an 8yr old. Been a solid supporter since.
My son was born in June 05 don't think that year could of got any better for me. I never pushed him to support wt but he does. Got bullied bad by the league boys at school so not too interested in football. I think he will be loyal to wt though.Comes to my games and watches keenly but doesn't want to watch other games.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:26 am

Red88 Tiger wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:09 am
The first ever game of football i watched on tv with my brother (11yrs older) grand final in 88. Lived out of town and didn't play sports so was a treat for me as an 8yr old. Been a solid supporter since.
My son was born in June 05 don't think that year could of got any better for me. I never pushed him to support wt but he does. Got bullied bad by the league boys at school so not too interested in football. I think he will be loyal to wt though.Comes to my games and watches keenly but doesn't want to watch other games.
Get him into a martial art...
It'll change his life.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:30 am

Demps wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:26 am
Red88 Tiger wrote:
It'll change his life.
True. Not just the physical side it does wonders mentality as well, All depends on the trainer/teacher/ coach. Boxing as well.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:34 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:30 am
Demps wrote:
Red88 Tiger wrote:
It'll change his life.
True. Not just the physical side it does wonders mentality as well, All depends on the trainer/teacher/ coach. Boxing as well.
100%
Good for confidence, self worth...
Instils discipline. Make some new friends. Learn to defend yourself if needed and good physical exercise.

I have a boxing and kick boxing background but I wish I had a black belt in something.....
Get him started now and he could be a black belt by 18!
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:38 am

Demps wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:34 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Demps wrote:
Red88 Tiger wrote:
It'll change his life.
100%
Instils discipline. Make some new friends. Learn to defend yourself if needed and good physical exercise.

I have a boxing and kick boxing background but I wish I had a black belt in something.....
I have 2 mates like that and they both ended up with busted knees by their forties. Jeff Horn got bullied and see where he landed up.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:40 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:38 am
Demps wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
Demps wrote:

It'll change his life.
100%

I have 2 mates like that and they both ended up with busted knees by their forties. Jeff Horn got bullied and see where he landed up.
From training or from fighting people? Lol..
Get busted knees from being a runner so as always u have take the good with the bad.
Excercise and physical health is important.
If you're worried about your knees stick to the swimming pool 😉
#Unbeatable

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:40 am

My brother is a Parra fan. He has two toddlers (1 & 3) both boys. He is trying to brainwash them now to be Eels fans even though they live in the Gong. He told me a few months ago "do you know how hard it is to make a kid like an Eel?". I only see them once a month and just go "raaaa" and roar them a couple of times and they are both running around like Tigers for days
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:44 am

Demps wrote:
Red88 Tiger wrote:
It'll change his life.
He was a brown belt before he stopped the year prior. There is more to it but I'll leave there.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:54 am

Demps wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:40 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Demps wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

100%

Get busted knees from being a runner so as always u have take the good with the bad.
One was no. 2 about 1992 in NT so I presume was from organised fights as well. Number 1 was a bigger cop who was taller so could kick him in the knees from further out. He was also an SAS guy so who knows.

The other guy is in the Philippines, a chippy/builder, but is now semi-crippled due to his knees. No medicare or social service over there and so he is broke . I give him my knee braces etc. they are double price over there, I even gave him a new roof for his squatter house the other day due to rainy season (only a $100A)
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:59 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:54 am
Demps wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:40 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Demps wrote:

100%

One was no. 2 about 1992 in NT so I presume was from organised fights as well. Number 1 was a bigger cop who was taller so could kick him in the knees from further out. He was also an SAS guy so who knows.

The other guy is in the Philippines, a chippy/builder, but is now semi-crippled due to his knees. No medicare or social service over there and so he is broke . I give him my knee braces etc. they are double price over there, I even gave him a new roof for his squatter house the other day due to rainy season (only a $100A)
Their careers could be the blame for the knees and not the sport it's self but that's between them...
Sound like cool dudes.
#Unbeatable

wmlmaster

Post by wmlmaster » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 8:04 am

Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:59 pm
My family is a dictatorship. Hands down.

My parents and wife are dragons.

The 5 kids are 10000% tigers.

She ensures we all follow paternal leadership all almost all.areas of life.

I am proud to be an old school family.
X2

My wife is a Dragons fan but all the kids follow the Tigers.......and also an old school family and proud

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 8:06 am

Back during Benji's peak you didn't need to convince anyone everyone loved the Tigers! Gosh I miss those days!!!

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 8:24 am

My young fella was keen on the Tigers from a young age - his first Leichhardt game sealed the deal - the future is safe.
Suffering supporter since 1967

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:45 pm

All 3 of my daughters had very little choice, support Wests Tigers or find a new family :lol:
They were all very young when the JV formed so they only know Wests Tigers, they love WT and don’t have to worry about all the Balmain and Magpie rivalry.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 4:56 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 6:45 pm
All 3 of my daughters had very little choice, support Wests Tigers or find a new family :lol:
They were all very young when the JV formed so they only know Wests Tigers, they love WT and don’t have to worry about all the Balmain and Magpie rivalry.
My daughters always end up going for the refs...cos they wear pink!
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 4:57 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 8:06 am
Back during Benji's peak you didn't need to convince anyone everyone loved the Tigers! Gosh I miss those days!!!
Totally. Lote running down the wing and Ellis hitting it up on the edges.
How could you not?
Make Wests Tigers Great Again