Reallistic Assesment....

Wests Tigers Discussion
TrueTiger

Reallistic Assesment....

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:17 am

I have read a lot of things in regard to our team playing finals football this year..In my honest opinion they have achieved quite a lot during this year with some early wins and unlucky defeats.It really has been a year that could have been although it is not over yet..
We are at the stage where we really have to put in during games and win as many as we can up until the last round..With Mbye making his debut for us this week and Farah playing at hooker where our service has been ordinary a majority of the games,this could be the injection of class and experience we have needed to keep on the front foot during our games..
To be perfectly honest I have been surprised by the attitude of the team that I haven't seen for along time that being that they play for the full 80 mins and for each other(Raiders game the exception,a one off hopefully).
The culture change that Ivan has been working hard at trying to achieve is coming to fruition and there is a certain positive stable feel around the club as a whole..

If we don't play finals footy,will we all be disappointed and spit the dummy or will we embrace the new attitude and culture surrounding the club and look to a positive future ? I certainly will because as many have said that we didn't expect much change ladderwise and roster wise from last year..the team has achieved much better defensive knowledge and have been well coached by a very football savvy coach...And many have stated that our team consists of fringe first graders and journeyman,I think they have done a fabulous job considering injuries to some key recruits have staggered our go forward at crucial times this year...

I do hope we can finish the season off on a high note,too many defeats will gut the confidence of this fine team,they deserve to finish well....they may not be a glamourous or star studded team from fullback to prop,but they have heart and I applaud the efforts of even the depth players destined to play ISP most of their careers,because when they were called upon the did their best....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

wt01

Post by wt01 » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:27 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:17 am
I have read a lot of things in regard to our team playing finals football this year..In my honest opinion they have achieved quite a lot during this year with some early wins and unlucky defeats.It really has been a year that could have been although it is not over yet..
We are at the stage where we really have to put in during games and win as many as we can up until the last round..With Mbye making his debut for us this week and Farah playing at hooker where our service has been ordinary a majority of the games,this could be the injection of class and experience we have needed to keep on the front foot during our games..
To be perfectly honest I have been surprised by the attitude of the team that I haven't seen for along time that being that they play for the full 80 mins and for each other(Raiders game the exception,a one off hopefully).
The culture change that Ivan has been working hard at trying to achieve is coming to fruition and there is a certain positive stable feel around the club as a whole..

If we don't play finals footy,will we all be disappointed and spit the dummy or will we embrace the new attitude and culture surrounding the club and look to a positive future ? I certainly will because as many have said that we didn't expect much change ladderwise and roster wise from last year..the team has achieved much better defensive knowledge and have been well coached by a very football savvy coach...And many have stated that our team consists of fringe first graders and journeyman,I think they have done a fabulous job considering injuries to some key recruits have staggered our go forward at crucial times this year...

I do hope we can finish the season off on a high note,too many defeats will gut the confidence of this fine team,they deserve to finish well....they may not be a glamourous or star studded team from fullback to prop,but they have heart and I applaud the efforts of even the depth players destined to play ISP most of their careers,because when they were called upon the did their best....
x2
Great post
Marshall Magic :righton:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:55 am

We have overachieved against my expectations for 2018 already

Top 8 isn't that important to be honest , the club has finally put the tools in place to set us up for the future

Far more important in my opinion

I'm not on board with the Farah decision , but as Aaron would (pardon the pun ) say ....

It is what it is ....... have to live with it now

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:17 am

I agree that, keeping things in perspective, we have done well and have somewhat overachieved so far.
I disagree that reaching the 8 is unimportant, simply because it is an achievement milestone for this group of players. It is important so that the team has a starting point to further progress next season.
I, like you, am not particularly happy with the RF decision. It smacks a bit of desperation although it can't be argued that we needed help in the hooker position. I only hope that it does help and does not become a distraction.
"Quality Stupidity"

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:29 am

Im spitting the dummy....top 8 is bare minimum. ..not important what a crock...

Looks like people will be content with wallowing in mediocrity
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:37 am

TrueTiger wrote:

Great post - written objectively mid week (not straight after a loss!!)
These guys are giving their all this season and they deserve our support. They certainly don't deserve some of the garbage they cop on here (usually straight after a loss!!)
20 000 at Leichhardt this Sunday will see the team bounce back and give it to the Titans. Tigers by 20
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

tonza

Post by tonza » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:47 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:37 am
TrueTiger wrote:

Great post - written objectively mid week (not straight after a loss!!)
These guys are giving their all this season and they deserve our support. They certainly don't deserve some of the garbage they cop on here (usually straight after a loss!!)
20 000 at Leichhardt this Sunday will see the team bounce back and give it to the Titans. Tigers by 20
Agree wholeheartedly. The efforts of the team this year compared to previous years is chalk and cheese. We should all be very pround no matter where we end up from here. Hopefully in the eight but none the less proud.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:25 am

I’m not chuffed about Farah coming back either. What I would like to see is Farah play for a week or two and Liddle take over when fully fit after a few games in reggies.

I suppose Farah will get 3 games to get his milestone.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:31 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:29 am

Top 8 we will have overachieved with this mob I don't care what anyone says.

We're 10th currently which is what many people predicted before the season started.

The effort is there but we lack a bit of class and ability to score points and be a real contender.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:48 am

Geo. wrote:

If you don't have to big of an expectation,then you won't be disappointed.....this year has been far from mediocre...

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:56 am

cqtiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:25 am
I’m not chuffed about Farah coming back either. What I would like to see is Farah play for a week or two and Liddle take over when fully fit after a few games in reggies.

I suppose Farah will get 3 games to get his milestone.
Only my opinion CQ,but I honestly think Farah back will have no end of benefit for Liddles game...
Liddle has an injury that can take a long time to get over and he is still young,he has enough time to overcome his problems with injuries..he will definately be our hooker in fg for years to come if nobody poaches him...

matchball

Post by matchball » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:26 pm

Geo. wrote:

Correct.
People just accept mediocrity because it's all they know.
Finals or the season is a complete failure.

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:36 pm

A Man with low expectations is rarely disappointed..........

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:46 pm

We need to stop accepting 9th or worse as acceptable... Yes there can be improvement and we miss the finals, that just equates to not enough improvement

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:49 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:48 am
Geo. wrote:

If you don't have to big of an expectation,then you won't be disappointed.....this year has been far from mediocre...
low bar.. :shock:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:51 pm

matchball wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:26 pm
Geo. wrote:

Correct.
People just accept mediocrity because it's all they know.
Finals or the season is a complete failure.

The season to be a complete failure if we don't make the finals is a delusional comment to make...we had an ordinary roster and most predicted at the beginning of the season we wouldn't go further than 10/12th....now we are a failure because your expectations were way to high...that equals disappointment...
Our culture and attitude on field have improved no end,we are gaining much needed stability and we have a very good coach..To me that means we have had a successful year on and off the field...we are competitive...

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:53 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:49 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:48 am
Geo. wrote:

low bar.. :shock:
For some ... ;)

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:46 pm
We need to stop accepting 9th or worse as acceptable... Yes there can be improvement and we miss the finals, that just equates to not enough improvement
Or quality players...as many have said..we have a very ordinary roster...but to me they are giving their best...so for this group finishing in 9th place would be a great result to people who didn't expect to much..