Re: Reallistic Assesment....

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:31 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:25 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 1:40 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 1:01 pm
The bar was raised at the beginning of the year. You can't see us play that well then turn around and say this squad needs time. Excuses excuses.
. Your agenda is so obvious, start supporting the team mate not ex coaches who are no longer here.
I second this. The agenda is so plain to see. Its hardly worth debating.

Move on GNR.
I rated Cleary as a coach as far back as 2012 on this forum. I’’ve always rated him. Just look at what he did with the Warriors. No agenda here

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:31 pm

KevB wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 5:53 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
The bar was raised at the beginning of the year. You can't see us play that well then turn around and say this squad needs time. Excuses excuses.
Mate constructive criticism is great but criticism without providing any alternative is not only stupid but destructive and useless in my opinion.
Not sure what I have said that isn’t constructive?

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:31 pm
The Patriot wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
. Your agenda is so obvious, start supporting the team mate not ex coaches who are no longer here.

Move on GNR.
I rated Cleary as a coach as far back as 2012 on this forum. I’’ve always rated him. Just look at what he did with the Warriors. No agenda here
And that type of response is why people are calling you fake news.
Its an opinion!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:39 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:36 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Move on GNR.
Hardly worth debating, yet here you are debating it. Nothing I ever say about Cleary is never anything but constructive. If you can prove overtherwise, feel free.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:23 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 4:54 pm
Haha...homophobic slurs
How primary school.

Every team gets injuries.
Many make the finals
Get over yourself. Demps was calling me Gambles boyfriend and you thought it was funny.

Pick and choose hey
LOL, yeah...I think TIGERPOWERs funny too...in a repetitive schoolchildish way.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:39 pm
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Move on GNR.
Hardly worth debating, yet here you are debating it. Nothing I ever say about Cleary is never anything but constructive. If you can prove overtherwise, feel free.

I dont need to prove anything. Im not alone in seeing you continually try and compare Ivan Cleary to Jason Taylor.

The agenda is dead obvious.

Good luck with it. My opinion as i stated is that you should move on from things Jason Taylor.

Ill leave it to Tigerpower to take up the fight.
Its an opinion!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:52 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

I dont need to prove anything. Im not alone in seeing you continually try and compare Ivan Cleary to Jason Taylor.

Good luck with it. My opinion as i stated is that you should move on from things Jason Taylor.

With all due respect, you lecturing others given your bias towards Gamble, and the fact you take any criticism against him personally, leaves no room for you to point your finger at others.

And ftr, the only ones being the ex coach up are you and TIGERPOWER.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:53 pm

The Patriot wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Haha...homophobic slurs
How primary school.

Many make the finals
Get over yourself. Demps was calling me Gambles boyfriend and you thought it was funny.

Pick and choose hey
It’s the fan boys. They have a rule for themselves and a rule for others.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:58 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm
The Patriot wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Haha...homophobic slurs
How primary school.

Many make the finals

Pick and choose hey
LOL, yeah...I think TIGERPOWERs funny too...in a repetitive schoolchildish way.
Oh the hypocrisy lol lol, keep up the good work.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:00 pm

The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Great minds think alike, they just don’t like it when we call a spade a spade.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:10 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:52 pm
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

With all due respect, you lecturing others given your bias towards Gamble, and the fact you take any criticism against him personally, leaves no room for you to point your finger at others.

Nice try but you are clutching at straws.

You are throwing Cleary in with Taylor at every single opportunity.

As for Gamble ive been a vocal fan, not going to hide from it. I havent backed down on my opinion of the guy.

There is zero wrong with entering a season looking forward to how a rookie progresses, its what makes the game great.

On the other hand you have major issues if you enter a season intent on trying to compare a good and decent coach to the guy who was just sacked
Its an opinion!

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:11 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 5:55 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 5:23 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:29 am
Im spitting the dummy....top 8 is bare minimum. ..not important what a crock...

Looks like people will be content with wallowing in mediocrity
Cutting them off at the pass geo?

read TT OP...
I know that this is getting slightly out of hand with some of the commentary and I completely understand that opinions in civil and well mannered way are greatly appreciated by all.....having said that I only really wanted to know what people thought about the team and clubs progress this season compared to years gone by...Iam not going to condone all criticism and I think fair input is quite appreciated by all on this forum...
the initial point was to be completely honest .."If we dont make the finals and we finish much better than last year, then have we really had a successful year to previous years"
I do like many peoples opinions as long as they dont have an agenda or are derogatory to the many good people of this forum.. :)
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:15 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:10 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:52 pm
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Nice try but you are clutching at straws.

You are throwing Cleary in with Taylor at every single opportunity.

As for Gamble ive been a vocal fan, not going to hide from it. I havent backed down on my opinion of the guy.

There is zero wrong with entering a season looking forward to how a rookie progresses, its what makes the game great.

On the other hand you have major issues if you enter a season intent on trying to compare a good and decent coach to the guy who was just sacked
*sigh*

There have been zero comparison’s. Cleary is the best coach we’ve had since Sheens and I would not swap him for anyone. That opinion gets conveniently overlooked though, because it doesn’t suit your narrative that I apparently still long for Taylor.

matchball

Post by matchball » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:53 pm

The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Why don't you go through his post history and show us this bias?
I went through them just now and i didn't find anything comparing the two coaches.

JT is old news, let's keep the topic on track.
Finals football or season is a complete disappointment once again. Most agree.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:11 pm

matchball wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:53 pm
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

I went through them just now and i didn't find anything comparing the two coaches.

No I don’t think most agree. How many people on here had us making finals before season kicked off? I bet not many. And I bet most of the people making alot of noise didn’t have making semis either. We have been competitive in every game bar one. Our defence has improved out of sight. We have new combinations , have had bad luck with injuries and refereeing decisions. If we make finals great If we don’t then most on here can see that we are making progress and finally heading in the right direction with a great coach and a great team culture with it.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:13 pm

matchball wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:53 pm
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Not making the finals or the season is a complete disappointment only applies to the people who want to fly the teams flag as a supporter and not playing in the finals disappoints them,however if your a true club member and supporter and you see the difference within the club as a whole,from players attitude and a very good culture develope,then you arent really a club supporter as a whole,you only support the team and thats it....
I would like this club to progress in all facits to become a real nrl force in the future,it is now beginning to happen,if they dont make the finals and they have played the full 80 mins a game and are trying their very best then we are on the right road to sucess..finals footy and a premiership wont be long coming....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:15 pm

I rated us higher than most. I was confident. Loved the Reynolds, Packer and Matulino signings. So yeah, I thought finals were very realistic. I’ve never heard of any team needing an entire season to gel. That’s a new one.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:31 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:15 pm
I rated us higher than most. I was confident. Loved the Reynolds, Packer and Matulino signings. So yeah, I thought finals were very realistic. I’ve never heard of any team needing an entire season to gel. That’s a new one.
You don’t need an entire season to gel if the same players are playing in the same key positions. Again your argument is false and you only see what you want to see to satisfy your agenda. Let’s look at the dragons , had the same 1,7,9,6 pretty much every game. How many combinations have we had? Our only consistent player in those positions is Brooks. But hey don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.