TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:13 pm
matchball wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:53 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:39 pm

Hardly worth debating, yet here you are debating it. Nothing I ever say about Cleary is never anything but constructive. If you can prove overtherwise, feel free.

I dont need to prove anything. Im not alone in seeing you continually try and compare Ivan Cleary to Jason Taylor.

The agenda is dead obvious.

Good luck with it. My opinion as i stated is that you should move on from things Jason Taylor.

Ill leave it to Tigerpower to take up the fight.
Why don't you go through his post history and show us this bias?
I went through them just now and i didn't find anything comparing the two coaches.

JT is old news, let's keep the topic on track.
Finals football or season is a complete disappointment once again. Most agree.
Not making the finals or the season is a complete disappointment only applies to the people who want to fly the teams flag as a supporter and not playing in the finals disappoints them,however if your a true club member and supporter and you see the difference within the club as a whole,from players attitude and a very good culture develope,then you arent really a club supporter as a whole,you only support the team and thats it....
I would like this club to progress in all facits to become a real nrl force in the future,it is now beginning to happen,if they dont make the finals and they have played the full 80 mins a game and are trying their very best then we are on the right road to sucess..finals footy and a premiership wont be long coming....
Great post, you hit the nail on the head.

matchball

Post by matchball » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:32 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:13 pm
matchball wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Hardly worth debating, yet here you are debating it. Nothing I ever say about Cleary is never anything but constructive. If you can prove overtherwise, feel free.

I dont need to prove anything. Im not alone in seeing you continually try and compare Ivan Cleary to Jason Taylor.

Good luck with it. My opinion as i stated is that you should move on from things Jason Taylor.

I went through them just now and i didn't find anything comparing the two coaches.

Not making the finals or the season is a complete disappointment only applies to the people who want to fly the teams flag as a supporter and not playing in the finals disappoints them,however if your a true club member and supporter and you see the difference within the club as a whole,from players attitude and a very good culture develope,then you arent really a club supporter as a whole,you only support the team and thats it....
I would like this club to progress in all facits to become a real nrl force in the future,it is now beginning to happen,if they dont make the finals and they have played the full 80 mins a game and are trying their very best then we are on the right road to sucess..finals footy and a premiership wont be long coming....
I'm a true club supporter who wants success.
Because I deem the season a failure doesn't make me less of a supporter.
It's pretty narrow minded of you.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:34 pm

Yeah the true supporters.. :roll:

matchball gets it..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

matchball

Post by matchball » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:36 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:11 pm
matchball wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

No I don’t think most agree. How many people on here had us making finals before season kicked off? I bet not many. And I bet most of the people making alot of noise didn’t have making semis either. We have been competitive in every game bar one. Our defence has improved out of sight. We have new combinations , have had bad luck with injuries and refereeing decisions. If we make finals great If we don’t then most on here can see that we are making progress and finally heading in the right direction with a great coach and a great team culture with it.
All that improvement you speak of means nothing come season end and the history books are written.
You can check my post history and you'll see I've always predicted top 8 because that the measure of a successful season.
Ask any club what their season goals are and they'll all say finals football.

Any less is a disappointment.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:50 pm

It's one the to predict to miss the finals.... It's another thing to accept it.
That's NEVER an option and pathetic

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:54 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:50 pm
Especially when finals consists of HALF of the competition.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:57 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:31 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:15 pm
I rated us higher than most. I was confident. Loved the Reynolds, Packer and Matulino signings. So yeah, I thought finals were very realistic. I’ve never heard of any team needing an entire season to gel. That’s a new one.
You don’t need an entire season to gel if the same players are playing in the same key positions. Again your argument is false and you only see what you want to see to satisfy your agenda. Let’s look at the dragons , had the same 1,7,9,6 pretty much every game. How many combinations have we had? Our only consistent player in those positions is Brooks. But hey don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.
All this agenda talk. Ever think maybe you have an agenda? You were one of the most vocal who wanted Taylor gone. Now that he is, do you talk up Cleary now no matter what just to avoid looking like a coach basher? Do you feel like you have to back him no matter what? Most would agree he’s done a great job, but has not reached a point where he’s immune to criticism.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:19 pm

innsaneink wrote:
So you predicted the tigers to make the semis this year?

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:22 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:19 pm
innsaneink wrote:
No Ink didnt give them much of a chance during pre season.....how things turn...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:23 pm

matchball wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:36 pm

And that type of response is why people are calling you fake news.

Lol ok dude.
Its an opinion!

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:57 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I rated us higher than most. I was confident. Loved the Reynolds, Packer and Matulino signings. So yeah, I thought finals were very realistic. I’ve never heard of any team needing an entire season to gel. That’s a new one.
You don’t need an entire season to gel if the same players are playing in the same key positions. Again your argument is false and you only see what you want to see to satisfy your agenda. Let’s look at the dragons , had the same 1,7,9,6 pretty much every game. How many combinations have we had? Our only consistent player in those positions is Brooks. But hey don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.
All this agenda talk. Ever think maybe you have an agenda? You were one of the most vocal who wanted Taylor gone. Now that he is, do you talk up Cleary now no matter what just to avoid looking like a coach basher? Do you feel like you have to back him no matter what? Most would agree he’s done a great job, but has not reached a point where he’s immune to criticism.
I was one of the most vocal against JT when after 2 years we were going backwards. As if said previously I’m happy to give Cleary this year to implement his changes to culture and new players. The improvements have been dramatic and with a bit of luck we would be comfortably in the 8. I’m happy to give him leeway this year but next year will be a completely different story. Unlike you who was still giving JT slack after 2.5 years yet are happy to call out Cleary half way through his first full season. That’s the difference between us.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:26 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:22 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
No Ink didnt give them much of a chance during pre season.....how things turn...
No wonder he is beating around the bush and won’t answer the question.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:27 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:57 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I was one of the most vocal against JT when after 2 years we were going backwards. As if said previously I’m happy to give Cleary this year to implement his changes to culture and new players. The improvements have been dramatic and with a bit of luck we would be comfortably in the 8. I’m happy to give him leeway this year but next year will be a completely different story. Unlike you who was still giving JT slack after 2.5 years yet are happy to call out Cleary half way through his first full season. That’s the difference between us.
News flash mate. You can back a coach while still critiquing things he can improve on.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:33 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wait so you predicted it but didn’t accept it lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:35 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Did I?
My hopes and expectations usually differ with this team after years of failing to deliver.
I hope for much, expect less.
Why one person's opinion is so important to you I've no idea... Do you think I've got an agenda too?
Or are you looking for some sort of a little win... Some brownie points?

Lol

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:37 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:33 pm
innsaneink wrote:
I never accept failure unlike you... You've missed the point again dopey

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:37 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:33 pm
innsaneink wrote:
I never accept failure unlike you... You've missed the point again dopey
Oh no , name calling?? That’s primary school stuff. So enlighten us with your prediction of the tigers before the season started then.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:48 pm

Wow! You leave the room for one minute and carnage breaks out. Must be a full moon 🌕

My humble opinion:
- we over achieved early
- we slowly ran out of energy as others found their feet
- we’ve been unlucky with injuries
- Liddles return was assumed and his not finding his feet has really hurt us
- we can still finish in top 8
- top 8 finish caps a successful year
- 9th or 10th disappointing but understandable
Below 10th is a fail
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.