The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:23 pm
matchball wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:53 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:39 pm

Hardly worth debating, yet here you are debating it. Nothing I ever say about Cleary is never anything but constructive. If you can prove overtherwise, feel free.

I dont need to prove anything. Im not alone in seeing you continually try and compare Ivan Cleary to Jason Taylor.

The agenda is dead obvious.

Good luck with it. My opinion as i stated is that you should move on from things Jason Taylor.

Ill leave it to Tigerpower to take up the fight.
Why don't you go through his post history and show us this bias?
I went through them just now and i didn't find anything comparing the two coaches.

JT is old news, let's keep the topic on track.
Finals football or season is a complete disappointment once again. Most agree.

Lol ok dude.
You made the claim so back it up with some proof.
You've twisted this into something it's not and all you come up with is "ok dude"?

Best you run along and be quiet for a while. You're embarrassing yourself.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 11:09 pm

Ok everybody..why don't we put this back into perspective and not go on other tangents...
the initial question remains....

with the roster we have this year and the team playing for 80 mins and for each other,although we won some early games and had some unlucky losses,if we don't make the finals this year will it be a huge disappointment or have we had a successful season if we just miss out on the 8 considering we haven't had huge blowout scores and our attitude on field,the culture we are developing and the stability surrounding the club have been a vast improvement on previous years...considering a vast majority before the season started said we would only improve slightly on 2017 ,most stating we would finish around 10/13 th,and others saying we would be bottom 4/5...

Its a very simple question and it really only takes a bit of honesty to answer....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 11:26 pm

The season has exceeded my expectations.
I posted before the season started I took good odds on a top 8 finish $5.50. I also posted we would end up between 10-12 realistically. That was on the assumption our depth would get us close at the back end of the season with such a new team.

I am surprised our attack has been poor and our defence for most of the season has been great. We need to go on a winning streak now and cause some big upsets to make it in. If we can win games against bottom 8 sides and jag a game each against the Dragons and Rabbits we are a chance.

The JT is our recruitment for 2019. We need to get some good players in especially on the edge back row and centre.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 11:28 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 11:09 pm
Ok everybody..why don't we put this back into perspective and not go on other tangents...

with the roster we have this year and the team playing for 80 mins and for each other,although we won some early games and had some unlucky losses,if we don't make the finals this year will it be a huge disappointment or have we had a successful season if we just miss out on the 8 considering we haven't had huge blowout scores and our attitude on field,the culture we are developing and the stability surrounding the club have been a vast improvement on previous years...considering a vast majority before the season started said we would only improve slightly on 2017 ,most stating we would finish around 10/13 th,and others saying we would be bottom 4/5...

Its a very simple question and it really only takes a bit of honesty to answer....
My season was complete when we beat the Rorters in round 1, the rest is just gravy or gristle.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

matchball

Post by matchball » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 11:28 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 11:09 pm

Attachments
unnamed.gif
unnamed.gif (29.86 KiB) Viewed 491 times

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 28 Jun, 2018 1:03 am

Realistically - Id say some are are little miffed at Ivan for welcoming Farah back, considering it was the one thing that many clung to when looking for something to praise JT for - and no-one would have ever anticipated him being back in the WTs colours this season, or ever.

I expect the same are ready to continue the attack if he doesnt perform, and the references to the provisions Ivans had to work with compared to JT- which have been raised - will confirm the end of the honeymoon period for Cleary.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 28 Jun, 2018 6:59 am

matchball wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 10:34 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:23 pm
matchball wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:53 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm

I dont need to prove anything. Im not alone in seeing you continually try and compare Ivan Cleary to Jason Taylor.

The agenda is dead obvious.

Good luck with it. My opinion as i stated is that you should move on from things Jason Taylor.

Ill leave it to Tigerpower to take up the fight.
Why don't you go through his post history and show us this bias?
I went through them just now and i didn't find anything comparing the two coaches.

JT is old news, let's keep the topic on track.
Finals football or season is a complete disappointment once again. Most agree.

Lol ok dude.
You made the claim so back it up with some proof.
You've twisted this into something it's not and all you come up with is "ok dude"?

Best you run along and be quiet for a while. You're embarrassing yourself.
I thought the "ok dude" response was quite appropriate.

Any clear minded individual who went through GnR's recent posts talking about Ivan Cleary can see he is constantly asking the question about a standard of judgement between Cleary and Taylor.

He even said it as much recently when he admitted he likes to play the devils advocate on the issue.

Its nice of you to support him though.
Its an opinion!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 28 Jun, 2018 8:37 am

My disappointment, apart from being outside the 8, is our attack. It hasn't improved as the season progressed. Were only better than the dogs and the eels. Hopefully Farah and Mybe can help turn that around. But even if they do, its another failed session of we miss the 8.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 28 Jun, 2018 9:15 am

gallagher wrote:
Thu 28 Jun, 2018 8:37 am
My disappointment, apart from being outside the 8, is our attack. It hasn't improved as the season progressed. Were only better than the dogs and the eels. Hopefully Farah and Mybe can help turn that around. But even if they do, its another failed session of we miss the 8.
I think they will. Farah hasn't played much this year, so should be pretty fresh. The bigger question will be whether we've left it too late though. You would think the spine would take a couple of weeks to gel. More than anything, i want to see the early season hunger return.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 28 Jun, 2018 10:10 am

I expected/hoped we would finish 8th with a late run home to sneak in. I didn't expect Souths to be as strong as they have been and we will need to find wins against Souths or Dragons while beating teams that we should.

Over the years winning the games we should have won has never worked out.

will1999

Post by will1999 » Thu 28 Jun, 2018 10:20 am

how does the betting work because Tigers were $87 3 rounds a go and now there $51

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Thu 28 Jun, 2018 7:01 pm

It will be another miserable season if we don’t finish above the Rabbitohs - goodbye another carton of VB.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 28 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Thu 28 Jun, 2018 7:01 pm
It will be another miserable season if we don’t finish above the Rabbitohs - goodbye another carton of VB.
Look on the bright side at least you didnt bet a decent case of beer on the result

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 28 Jun, 2018 7:28 pm

My best mate is a Knights supporter - he’s been keeping me in beers for years!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

matchball

Post by matchball » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 4:25 pm

The assessments in this thread need reassessing. Lol

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 4:29 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Thu 28 Jun, 2018 7:01 pm
Buy the cheap crap from Aldi
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 4:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:29 am
Im spitting the dummy....top 8 is bare minimum. ..not important what a crock...

Looks like people will be content with wallowing in mediocrity
It seems that some people start in a new job and always achieve greatness, immediately.
Never happed to me during my long working career.

old boy

Post by old boy » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 4:58 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:37 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:17 am
I have read a lot of things in regard to our team playing finals football this year..In my honest opinion they have achieved quite a lot during this year with some early wins and unlucky defeats.It really has been a year that could have been although it is not over yet..
We are at the stage where we really have to put in during games and win as many as we can up until the last round..With Mbye making his debut for us this week and Farah playing at hooker where our service has been ordinary a majority of the games,this could be the injection of class and experience we have needed to keep on the front foot during our games..
To be perfectly honest I have been surprised by the attitude of the team that I haven't seen for along time that being that they play for the full 80 mins and for each other(Raiders game the exception,a one off hopefully).
The culture change that Ivan has been working hard at trying to achieve is coming to fruition and there is a certain positive stable feel around the club as a whole..

If we don't play finals footy,will we all be disappointed and spit the dummy or will we embrace the new attitude and culture surrounding the club and look to a positive future ? I certainly will because as many have said that we didn't expect much change ladderwise and roster wise from last year..the team has achieved much better defensive knowledge and have been well coached by a very football savvy coach...And many have stated that our team consists of fringe first graders and journeyman,I think they have done a fabulous job considering injuries to some key recruits have staggered our go forward at crucial times this year...

I do hope we can finish the season off on a high note,too many defeats will gut the confidence of this fine team,they deserve to finish well....they may not be a glamourous or star studded team from fullback to prop,but they have heart and I applaud the efforts of even the depth players destined to play ISP most of their careers,because when they were called upon the did their best....
Great post - written objectively mid week (not straight after a loss!!)
These guys are giving their all this season and they deserve our support. They certainly don't deserve some of the garbage they cop on here (usually straight after a loss!!)
20 000 at Leichhardt this Sunday will see the team bounce back and give it to the Titans. Tigers by 20
"Giving their all"

Care to review that statement after the Canberra and Gold Coast capitulations?
Careers have come and gone and the Tigers are still rebuilding. When 175 games and 7 years isnt enough, we've only been rebuilding since 2012. There's always next year and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that ...........