Farah's Last Hurrah

Wests Tigers Discussion
Byron Bay Fan

Re: Farah's Last Hurrah

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 12:33 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:26 am
We do not need a hooker on the bench next year.

So, if we sign Farah for next year that means Liddle plays 2019 in ISP.

Fair enough if that is what Ivan wants - think Jake will be going elsewhere if that happens.

That's ok providing Farah wants to play on for another 5 years after that - cause we ain't got anybody else.

Liddle will be ready for 2019 - can't see why Farah can't mentor him from the pretend ambassadorial role he will have when he retires.
Russell, I am sure the whole Board is pleased that LIddle is going fantastic in reggies and building his body for NRL tackling and wants him for umpteen years in the future. These things can be a fine balancing act and the see saw can tip both ways and more than one side could be considered pretenders. You are correct that Robbie could mentor LIddle from the sidelines but if Jacob is delivered prematurely by cesarean and breaks down again he could jeopardise his chances with other clubs as well - on top of jeopardising WT's season. So let the coach and doctors make the appropriate decision. We are all genuine Wests-Tiger fans and want him as hooker for ten years. Sorry to repeat but I only took a one sec peep at his mug shot three years ago to see he wasn't strong enough.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 12:38 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 12:33 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:26 am
We do not need a hooker on the bench next year.

So, if we sign Farah for next year that means Liddle plays 2019 in ISP.

Fair enough if that is what Ivan wants - think Jake will be going elsewhere if that happens.

That's ok providing Farah wants to play on for another 5 years after that - cause we ain't got anybody else.

Liddle will be ready for 2019 - can't see why Farah can't mentor him from the pretend ambassadorial role he will have when he retires.
Russell, I am sure the whole Board is pleased that LIddle is going fantastic in reggies and building his body for NRL tackling and wants him for umpteen years in the future. These things can be a fine balancing act and the see saw can tip both ways and more than one side could be considered pretenders. You are correct that Robbie could mentor LIddle from the sidelines but if Jacob is delivered prematurely by cesarean and breaks down again he could jeopardise his chances with other clubs as well - on top of jeopardising WT's season. So let the coach and doctors make the appropriate decision. We are all genuine Wests-Tiger fans and want him as hooker for ten years. Sorry to repeat but I only took a one sec peep at his mug shot three years ago to see he wasn't strong enough.
I give up BBF

Let's sign Farah for the next years.

Who cares about the future - God will provide.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 12:51 pm

Id like to see Liddle get another crack in the top grade this year to see where he is at.
Whatever happens you have got to have faith that Liddle the coach possibly Farah are all or will be in dialogue about what the next step is.
He wouldnt be the first young player that has
had to wait for his opportunity, and the first test proved too early. Either way we need a back up and between the the coach, Liddle and Farah they should be able to reach a solution.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 4:54 pm

Russell:
I give up BBF

Let's sign Farah for the next years.

Who cares about the future - God will provide.
[/quote]

Now Russell, if you knew how much the Rabbitohs fans are spewing over how Farah did his lay-down-and-out for 10 seconds last game and milking penalties you would keep him here till he is on a walking stick.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 10:17 am

Yes I took this...
P1000548_PL_M1.jpg
P1000548_PL_M1.jpg (70.04 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 10:26 am

mike wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 10:17 am
Yes I took this... P1000548_PL_M1.jpg
That would look good on his wikipedia page.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 6:31 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 2:02 pm
Farah is set to sign on for 1 more year.
Is this the post swag..I see no one after laughing at it..just 1 me asking for a source..?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 5:58 pm

Love Benji and Farah but surely we aren’t serious about them going for another year.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 6:20 pm

It’s ok as long as they are happy with minimum wage contracts and on the understanding that unless we have an injury crisis that they will be playing at 1pm on Saturday....,

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 6:51 pm

It takes a smart man to know when times up.

Hope they are both smart.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 8:18 pm

we need him as a hooker this year

but tbh farah hasn't changed as a person and he won't change.

if the last round game against rabbitohs turns out to be our last, i hope it's his last too and i can go there and support him and benji.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 8:50 pm

If Benji and Robbie are in IC’s plans for 2019 it can only mean one thing......and that’s, we can’t recruit any new blood or we have been knocked back by everyone we have approached.

Okay both will do a job for us but Father Time has moved on and we need fast young legs. They both have a chance to walk out of the game with their reputations intact....one bad year can destroy all that, ask JT

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 9:01 pm

It maybe that Ivan is really taking his time re-introducing Jacob to NRL to ensure he is properly recovered and prepared. I suppose with nothing to play for this season why not.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 9:05 pm

He will certainly go into WT history and folklore for one thing or another. I'd prefer it to be for 300 games but ...

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 9:22 pm

I was really disappointed when Liddle was dropped from the squad on Thursday evening and even more so when we were looking for some spark in the center during the game.

Like most that did not want Robbie back in the first place, I have not had a go at him and am not doing so now, but WT must run Jacob now that he is match fit and ready, even if that has to be in tandem with Farah to meet agreements, as just like Benji, any more than a few weeks of eighty minutes is too much for him.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 10:45 pm

They both looked old last night.

When your 34 and you have a bad game its natural for people to think its time to give it away.

I think Benji is a certainly to retire. Robbie probably just taking it a week at a time.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 6:44 am

Both should retire.Every player gets to an age where it gets difficult to be effective on the field.
There is nothing sadder to see than an ex good footballer thinking they still have it when they dont.No player should play their last season being ineffective or worse.
Both have been great for the club in the past and should be remembered as such not players who played too long

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 7:06 am

One way or another we will find out in the next week or so. If Farah decides to retire a big Leichhardt farewell will be on the cards.

Personally I think it’s time to retire but he’ll know how he is feeling better than me.