Farah's Last Hurrah

Wests Tigers Discussion
Byron Bay Fan

Re: Farah's Last Hurrah

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 10:14 am

He stated when returning he would like a decision from Ivan by end of September but Ivan kept shhh. If the Old Chief was chasing a new home next year he has to get in early as well as planning his life in general.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 10:19 am

Unless a replacement signed, i would hope we sign RF for 1 more year as back up and mentor for Liddle

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 10:27 am

TCL wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 10:19 am
Unless a replacement signed, i would hope we sign RF for 1 more year as back up and mentor for Liddle
This is what it will come down to as we have no one else. Segeyaro was mentioned as a possibility at one stage but haven’t heard anything for a while.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 10:36 am

There’s a strong chance the only reason Farah has looked good has been because he hasn’t been playing every week and so is relatively fresh. Playing week in and week out st 35 is a big ask. We need to be looking towards Liddle anyway. Farah can’t be a mentor playing 80 minutes every week. If he goes around again, do what Souths did. Make it clear the young guy will be the no 1 choice and we are giving him every chance to succeed.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 10:55 am

I guess it all comes down to who we have signed or at least speaking to. You certainly could not even contemplate going into 2019 without a plan B for Reynolds and Liddle. They will both need a quality player to share and back up their role

Post by 851 » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 10:57 am

I hope Robbie and Benji both finish up this year, but if we keep one for next year, it has to be Robbie, Benji is cooked
Go hard or go home

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 30 Jul, 2018 10:38 am

851 wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 10:57 am
I hope Robbie and Benji both finish up this year, but if we keep one for next year, it has to be Robbie, Benji is cooked
It would be the logical thing for them both to retire...... Benji is done apart from his bombs and I'd only keep Farah if Reynolds can't make it back on the field. Then of course Joshs' health is paramount to whether we sign the coaches son also imo.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 30 Jul, 2018 10:43 am

851 wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 10:57 am
The problem is Farah will not play reserve grade he has stated that this season ,so yes they both need to retire.
The club needs to find an up and coming hooker for reserve grade or a decent one that is nearing the end of there career.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 7:14 am

Now Farah has created a new record for the number of tries scored by a hooker in NRL, I am not sure if that includes 110 year or only NRL years.

I wonder how many tries Cameron Smith has scored? 42

Farah has scored 64, but both these figures could be outdated.

I don't think Cammy will ever score a try for Lebanon like Farah has.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 12:27 pm

If anyone has doubts on how smart this guy is as a player then that penalty in the last min should shed some light

We had our backs to the wall with Knights looking very certain to score

Farah lays on the player, gives away a penalty knowing 2 points will be better than
He knew even if he got binned it wont cost the team
and he also gave his team time to get set defensively

In the grand scheme of things every for and against point could be crucial at the end

Farah is one very smart footballer and im glad he was allowed to come home

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 1:02 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 10:36 am
There’s a strong chance the only reason Farah has looked good has been because he hasn’t been playing every week and so is relatively fresh. Playing week in and week out st 35 is a big ask. We need to be looking towards Liddle anyway. Farah can’t be a mentor playing 80 minutes every week. If he goes around again, do what Souths did. Make it clear the young guy will be the no 1 choice and we are giving him every chance to succeed.
Don't worry about age too much just play the best player at the time. Atm Robbie is in the top 5 hooker in the NRL and better than Little so go with it. Can still play 80 too whilst younger hooker can't. Anyway a lot of the age thing is mental unless injuries have taken their toll and many guys loose hunger something Robbie won't have an issue with.
Some have said Benji and Robbie should retire but that reminds me of how we were going a few weeks ago without them that is looking every week.
I would keep playing Farah for 80 till he can't and then have him share his role with Little while mentoring him.
As for Benji he oozes composure these days and is a big reason why Brooks is going so well.
Keep them both on reduced contracts and a development role in the future.
The club needs some heroes going forwards anyways.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 7:17 am

Magpie Magic wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 1:02 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 10:36 am
Don't worry about age too much just play the best player at the time. Atm Robbie is in the top 5 hooker in the NRL and better than Little so go with it. Can still play 80 too whilst younger hooker can't. Anyway a lot of the age thing is mental unless injuries have taken their toll and many guys loose hunger something Robbie won't have an issue with.
Some have said Benji and Robbie should retire but that reminds me of how we were going a few weeks ago without them that is looking every week.
I would keep playing Farah for 80 till he can't and then have him share his role with Little while mentoring him.
As for Benji he oozes composure these days and is a big reason why Brooks is going so well.
Keep them both on reduced contracts and a development role in the future.
The club needs some heroes going forwards anyways.
After last weekend's all-game lead and win against giants and killers Raiders you can say that again. And another year is in the offering. As well Liddle got some time on that was great. But my footy-expert mate was upset with that when Tigers near the opposition tryline and being a bit lost.

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 7:41 am

I think the white board message this week has to be “we haven’t done enough yet” or we list all those must win games that we let slide when we went in over confident if only for the ones this year.....

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:01 am

I would like to see him retire.

The penalty we got when attacking the raiders line (when Hodgson slapped the ball out) was very lucky.

Stand up, take 2 steps, and then pass the ball. The bad old habits are visible and everyone slows with age

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:07 am

Harvey wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:01 am

The penalty we got when attacking the raiders line (when Hodgson slapped the ball out) was very lucky.

Stand up, take 2 steps, and then pass the ball. The bad old habits are visible and everyone slows with age

Seen it happen to him in his prime. Its no real indication of anything related to him being old.
Its an opinion!

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:21 am

Harvey wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:01 am

I am sure I seen Damien Cook do exactly the same thing a few weeks ago near the line and no issue was made of it that I am aware of.

Is there a special rule re slapping the ball near the line?

He reflexes wasn't too slow when catching the kicked ball at close range in the Titan's game and then making that break for the line and no team mate was anywhere near him to receive the play the ball.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 9:10 am

If he retires, I'm concerned Liddle still might not be ready. He was falling off tackles in the little game time he had.

I'm sure he'll get there in the next 2-3 years, but not sure he'll bulk up enough for next year.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:06 am

Farah has been excellent for our team.

Without him we would be out of contention by now.