Farah's Last Hurrah

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22192
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Farah's Last Hurrah

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 9:00 pm

He doesn’t have to admit he was solely to blame because he wasn’t. Just a simple comment along the lines of “everyone could have handled the situation better” would have sufficed. And he certainly could have. From that ridiculous post match presser when he played his first ISP game at Leichhardt to using another players thoughts of suicide against the club. He might have been unfairly treated, but the way he reacted, he certainly wasn”t blameless. He took the low road.


User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3485
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 9:47 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 9:00 pm
He doesn’t have to admit he was solely to blame because he wasn’t. Just a simple comment along the lines of “everyone could have handled the situation better” would have sufficed. And he certainly could have. From that ridiculous post match presser when he played his first ISP game at Leichhardt to using another players thoughts of suicide against the club. He might have been unfairly treated, but the way he reacted, he certainly wasn”t blameless. He took the low road.
He said it himself in the article “you can’t change people’s perception’.
That’s your perception, and you’re not alone, but it’s not necessarily the way it went down.
Only he knows what really happened.

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5322
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 9:49 pm

Marshall - "Come back mate, we need a hooker!"

Image
"Dude, Totally Standing right here"


Image
"Me too dude..... right here in front of you...."
Image

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3562
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:29 pm

Its ironic people are telling Farah to get over it , when it looks like they will never get over it.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2935
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:30 pm

Watch the full interviews as most of the stories published are cherry picked comments and putting quotes and old rumours together.


Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4830
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:34 pm

from the Warren

https://warren.rabbitohs.net/t/souths-s ... ck/2400/39

Souths Sign Matt Mcilwrick
Pablo7h1
Most posters were also sledging Farah and didn’t want him anywhere near the starting team. But now they want two first class hookers on our books. I think the money saved with Farah leaving may help us secure one of our gun young players.
--------------------------------------------------------

You guys are same as Warren whingers...
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40479
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:54 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:29 pm
Its ironic people are telling Farah to get over it , when it looks like they will never get over it.
He will never get over it Eddie , it was a tough time in his life

But he needs to take some ownership for all of it

Some of us can separate between Robbie the footballer and Robbie the non footballer

He's sweet with me as long as he keeps his nose out of the club and what it is trying to do now

And if people don't agree , they don't have their priorities right

Club 1st , all else is secondary

User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 12:28 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:13 am
No one will have anything to say about Benji being responsible for the Farah signing.

Is that not sticking his nose into the running of the club?

Benji is back half a season and is now having a say on who we should sign!

For the record i have no problem with it. Senior players at all clubs do these kind of things. Just at the Wests Tigers we turn on our players and comment on their supposed massive egos.

Please pftttt
Yeah Taylor was given the job of breaking the boys club, now he's gone and somehow Benji just recruited Robbie Farah. That does seem concerning.

Here's the the thing though. No one else in the organisation could come up with a hooker. We've rotated everyone from Joel Edwards to Josh Reynolds and it's been a right mess.

Benji had a thought in the shower one morning, sent a text message and the Tigers will run out on Sunday with an 80 minute number 9. Sorted. It's not an ideal approach to recruitment, but under the circumstances we'll take it.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4830
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 12:55 am

In response to Club first and all else secondary

That is okay if the Club does not give or expect loyalty. And as in an earlier post today from the Kennel they claimed that Woods did not really work his butt off because he was a Tiger at heart. Exactly as Robbie felt as displayed in the article above he was Tiger thru and thru as no one doubts. For the Club's sake he accepted back ended deals then the Club via Jason attempted to escape those deals by moving him on. As was often pointed out he would get his deserved cash one way or another but it was forcing him out from his home. A home that he left 100% on the field for every week no matter what the circumstances. The same ethic he displayed for the Bunnies although not his club.

And that lack of defence he criticised when he was moved to Reserves still has not been completely corrected. We may have the best stats of repeat sets in the NRL but we are lacking the complete players that he is.

We have had other veterans come here for their final hurrah like Braith and Matt but we know, without Farah stepping one foot on the field, that he will be do everything in his power to get the Tigers home. The team and Farah are lucky that he is back to finish the season so leave them in peace without criticising. He opened his mouth up again because he is a passionate guy - that same passion drives him on the field so don't knock it too much. The Club has not openly came out and say he was moved on for salary cap purposes so they are no better than him.

Then depends if you respect loyalty or not...
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Sun 01 Jul, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2654
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 1:09 am

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 12:28 am
The Patriot wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:13 am
No one will have anything to say about Benji being responsible for the Farah signing.

Is that not sticking his nose into the running of the club?

Benji is back half a season and is now having a say on who we should sign!

For the record i have no problem with it. Senior players at all clubs do these kind of things. Just at the Wests Tigers we turn on our players and comment on their supposed massive egos.

Please pftttt
Yeah Taylor was given the job of breaking the boys club, now he's gone and somehow Benji just recruited Robbie Farah. That does seem concerning.

Here's the the thing though. No one else in the organisation could come up with a hooker. We've rotated everyone from Joel Edwards to Josh Reynolds and it's been a right mess.

Benji had a thought in the shower one morning, sent a text message and the Tigers will run out on Sunday with an 80 minute number 9. Sorted. It's not an ideal approach to recruitment, but under the circumstances we'll take it.
I think you will find that Josh Reynolds was also involved in getting Mybe over. I dont think it is a unique situation with just Benji/Farah and the Wests Tigers. Pretty sure the ex Roosters are working on Blake Ferguson to get him up there for next season too.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4830
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 5:09 pm

Overall Farah did an excellent job may have been gassed some stages of second half. But he a few beaut runs even near the end.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

matchball
Member
Member
Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by matchball » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 5:11 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 5:09 pm
Overall Farah did an excellent job may have been gassed some stages of second half. But he a few beaut runs even near the end.
Yeah, carrying around all that thick skin of his really showed today.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28930
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 5:14 pm

I thought Robbie went well, along with Rowdy, Mbye Reynolds and Twal

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3269
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 5:15 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 5:14 pm
I thought Robbie went well, along with Rowdy, Mbye Reynolds and Twal
Yep they where the pick of the crop today

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4830
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:54 am

With all the abuse at Lichaa tonight on the Kennel if Farah wants 300 FG games near his name he may have an opening.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4830
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 6:50 am

Can someone get a message to that idiot Farah not to take a brilliant catch and take off for the line because he is only making a fool of himself because no one is going to follow him. Definitely not on the bus that guy trying to make a prima donna of himself.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 7:46 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 6:50 am
Can someone get a message to that idiot Farah not to take a brilliant catch and take off for the line because he is only making a fool of himself because no one is going to follow him. Definitely not on the bus that guy trying to make a prima donna of himself.
Can you just stick to one topic to get your message across?
Here I was thinking Farah has already upset the apple cart and Ivan has dropped him for this week.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4830
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 11:59 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/17/rob ... -marshall/

Benji on Farah that Farah just wants everyone to play their best to win

"What he brought is that competitive edge where he competes for everything and doesn't walk past unacceptable standards and we needed that. that's the culture we're trying to set here and I think he's been awesome for us."

make the guy captain for his final fling - at least for the final game
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Post Reply