The LEICHHARDT Myth

Wests Tigers Discussion
LCA

Re: The Liechardt Myth

Post by LCA » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 7:01 pm

steve-o wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 6:41 am
It’s hard to disagree Needaname. The crowds that turn up to Brookvale and Shark Park have historically annoyed me because I’ve always felt like the fans that go there are not really rugby league fans... it’s just an event on their social calendar. Sadly I think Leichhardt is heading the same way.
No, I disagree. From my vantage point of Bay 2 in the main stand, watching the crowd thronging away from the hill with 15min to go, it was clear that it was the diehard (probably Balmain) Tigers fans who had just been disappointed (again) by the outcome of another crunch game at Leichhardt.

I agree fully with the thinking that the impact of LO is overrated on the performance of the team. But that doesn't detract from the "experience" of being at LO on a Sunday arvo. I know the expectations of the fans are raised by the LO impact on outcome, but there's precious little evidence to support it. But it's still a great thing to be a part of.

In my member allocated seats in Bay 2, I just saw the rusted-on Wests Tigers fans. No "event seekers". No wanna-be's just there for the thrill of it....why would you bother? It was the heart and soul of the club. They, and we, deserve better than what we got in terms of the result. But, will it change anything....? I don't think so.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 7:35 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 2:07 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:43 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 02 Jul, 2018 4:00 pm
Glennb wrote:
Mon 02 Jul, 2018 2:31 pm

Last year Titans beat us at Campbelltown, almost exactly a year ago (23/6/17) Crowd 9000
Can we get the last 3 years..Id say win/losses would be fairly even at both suburban home grounds..
Geo, can you please fix the thread title as it is doing my head in every time that I see it.
Ok m8
Thanks. It is still the terrible first effort at the top of a new page, but at least we don't see it in the recent topics list all the time.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 9:29 pm

Glennb wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 4:05 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 3:26 pm
do the tigers have any chance to make the 8 anymore in 2018?
Mathematically....yes
Realistically....no
Historically....no