Crusher penalties

Wests Tigers Discussion
TIGER

Crusher penalties

Post by TIGER » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 12:30 pm

They're outrageous!!!

Why are referees awarding penalties to or should I say rewarding players for getting their heads caught up in tackles?

Why do refs even after viewing the replay and seeing that it was a complete accident still penalise the tackler?

Why aren't we coaching players not to turn their backs and then sit down in a tackle?

This is the main reason why most of these tackles occur, don't blame the defender for defending.

I'm sure no player deliberately wants to bend a player into a hook shape and seriously injured them.
They are all at risk of getting put into awkward positions and realise sometimes it happens and could happen to them so I'm sure they try to avoid doing it to others.

Players are going to get their heads caught in awkward positions from time to time it's a contact sport.

When are we going to see some common sense in these penalties?

It's impossible to be aware of the position of another players head when your tackling especially when your first concern is to be aware of the position of your own head and especially when there's other players in the tackle, anyone who's played will understand tha half the time your eyes are closed at the moment of impact and wrestle to the ground, it's a natural reflex action.

I'm sick of seeing players penalised for not doing anything wrong, not only our guys, any player it's so frustrating to watch.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 1:40 pm

Surely MCK won’t have to be heard over this report....... utter nonsense ......but it is the nrl isn’t it!
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 3:38 pm

We seem to not handle one BS call that the ref goes against us in. in the last 3 weeks we have let by 6 or more towards the end of the half and the refs manage to turn the game around then we fall into a heap and don't turn up in the 2nd half. it's how the tigers of old was playing. the last couple of weeks I feel it;s back to the Potter and JT days again. you know letting trys in before halftime. when a call goes against us we go to sleep for 40 mins and let in 30 points. it's painful.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 3:52 pm

Oggy wrote:
Mon 02 Jul, 2018 3:38 pm
We seem to not handle one BS call that the ref goes against us in. in the last 3 weeks we have let by 6 or more towards the end of the half and the refs manage to turn the game around then we fall into a heap and don't turn up in the 2nd half. it's how the tigers of old was playing. the last couple of weeks I feel it;s back to the Potter and JT days again. you know letting trys in before halftime. when a call goes against us we go to sleep for 40 mins and let in 30 points. it's painful.
Unfortunately our players are not showing any resilience. heart or soul when things go against them. We have about five captains in name but there is no inspiration or positive cajoling shown by any of them towards their fellow players. What wrong Ivan, isn't that something very important that you should be trying to fix?

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 4:32 pm

Mck is average but they got that penalty wrong imo.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 4:41 pm

Rub him out for the year. Will save us the pain of watching him again

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 5:53 pm

Oggy wrote:
Mon 02 Jul, 2018 3:38 pm
I agree about us not responding to penalties well, but this isn't about us or how we respond to penalties in particular.

It's about the way refs across the entire NRL are penalising these defenders for literally making a tackle, I see one in nearly every game every week.
I don't know what they expect a defender to do.
But the mind boggling thing is, they look at a slo mo replay in which every blind man and and their budgie can clearly see it was a total accident yet they award a penalty for it.

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 12:29 pm

and the blind refs calling penalties changes the entire complexion of the game, we are up 12-6 instead they get a penalty before you know it they score it's 12 all we lose all momentum score is tied when we should be on the attack, that is the major problem with the NRL right now because possession is predictable refs are changing games on 1 penalty. same with that sharks game as soon as the BS 6 to call go happened they scored and we went to sleep again.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:07 pm

Good teams get over that though. We should have put them to the sword but we couldn't hang on to the ball. It's one thing to get a dodgy call, it's another to squander possession the way that we did. If our error rate was minimal and we kept ourselves in the game I could cop the argument that the refs cost us but they didn't at the end of the day.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 2:53 pm

well that knights game the refs cost us. they scored off a BS penalty. then they got the piggy back at the end of the game for them to score at the end.. in can be argued that ever since that game or the moment in the game we have sucked. we got scrappy wins against the cowboys and bulldogs who played 100 times worse then us. then the eels games where they scored off forward passes. we can't just cope when things go against us.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 2:57 pm

Everyone seems to be going back to "the refs cost us" thing.

This thread isn't about b**** that the refs cost us, we're not good enough its that simple.

My gripe is with the fact that it's happening in nearly every game in the NRL and the refs get a good look at it and yet they still penalise the tackler.
I'd be saying the same thing if it happened. the Titans.

I can't remember, but does anybody know if the Mitchell crusher was penalised?
I'm guessing, but i don't recall that it was.
If my memory is correct it was a complete accident, just like the one against us and like 98% of the other ones that get penalised.

I'd like to know how they determine intent in these tackles.

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 3:22 pm

TIGER wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 2:57 pm
Everyone seems to be going back to "the refs cost us" thing.

This thread isn't about b**** that the refs cost us, we're not good enough its that simple.

My gripe is with the fact that it's happening in nearly every game in the NRL and the refs get a good look at it and yet they still penalise the tackler.
I'd be saying the same thing if it happened. the Titans.

I can't remember, but does anybody know if the Mitchell crusher was penalised?
I'm guessing, but i don't recall that it was.
If my memory is correct it was a complete accident, just like the one against us and like 98% of the other ones that get penalised.

I'd like to know how they determine intent in these tackles.
The refs didn't cost us in games but they turn the momentum of games against us which makes us fall into a heap.

Broncos game cost us at least a draw
Knights were handed 2 piggy back to get 2 trys late
Eels scored off forward passe thought the game
Sharks got a BS 6 to go when we had a 12-2 lead turned the game
Then last week the crusher tackle.

That is 5 games there 3 of them we should have won if not for the refs. the other 2 we just gave up when the ref turned momentum