Cleary

Wests Tigers Discussion
Siamtiger

Re: Cleary

Post by Siamtiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 2:56 pm

There is always a pattern of players playing well to secure a contract.
Once a contract is in hand the security button gets pressed and form slips.
Also new players arrival is unsettling but required.
Usually there are some deeper issues at play here.
Perhaps some egos need to be pulled into gear or the issue of too many captains spoiling the broth.
Maybe this weekend is the turning point and we will hit form.
The solution is recruitment
The answer is getting some of that young Bronco talent.
Pangai jnr and Sua added to our pack
Corey oates another pack option.
Jymane isaako
Just suggestions

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 3:12 pm

Siamtiger wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 2:56 pm
Perhaps some egos need to be pulled into gear or the issue of too many captains spoiling the broth.
Jymane isaako
Just suggestions
Pangai Jnr should be our target. Would also love a tough nut like McGuire, Brown or similar.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Siamtiger

Post by Siamtiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 3:47 pm

Jymane isaako
Just suggestions

old boy

Post by old boy » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 6:46 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 1:59 pm
old boy wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 1:25 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:47 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 10:28 am

A lot of predictable wrist slitting.

See when a team is highly competitive for about 10 rounds, then much less competitive for 10 rounds, who is to blame? Is it the coach's fault for not getting the players up each and every week over 24 rounds? Or is it the player's fault for not being able to produce consistent performances week in and out.

I find it very hard to believe that a coach who got the team to 5-1 in the first 6 weeks suddenly doesn't know how to coach or build a roster. How can the strategy and game management that played so well for the first half of the year suddenly not work any more?

To me that falls on the players. There are systems in place that help us play well, defend and play tough, but they aren't being followed the past 8-10 weeks. To be smashed by Canberra and limply fall to Titans in 2 weeks separated by a bye, I can't really put that on the coach. Getting beat is one thing, getting hammered and having no fight is another, and usually that's about the players.

The real question for me is why do the players fall away? It's not the same team year on year, though we've brought a few oldies back in 2018. Sheens, Taylor, Potter, Cleary, Pearce, Lamb - that's a lot of coaches managing to follow the same game plan - start well early, finish poorly, finish just outside the finals (or worse).
I don’t think that many teams have demonstrated winning consistency. Ones that do have developed a team culture mixed with a core group of top line players.
Never in my 50+ years of watching NRL have I seen a inexperienced team such as 2018 WT are (cobbled together with a mixture of good, average and bad) reach any great heights.
So did not and do not expect much more than we have achieved this year ..... improvement!
For all those dreamers and critics ..... ease off learn how to be patient .... and learn how to LOSE!
I guess over those 50 years you must have slept through 2003-2005 when the Tigers were literally a team full of rejects, hasbeens and 20 game Tiger Cubs and won the bloody comp.

"For all those dreamers and critics ..... ease off learn how to be patient .... and learn how to LOSE!"

Thats got to be the comment of the year. Telling a Tigers fan to be patient!? You must have been asleep throughout the 90's as well. Its beyond belief and incredibly insulting anyone could think that about all the crap fans from Wests and Balmain have been through for the last 30 years. Besides 2005, 2010, 2011 the Wests Tigers fans have had nothing, NOTHING but loses for 3 decades. Tigers fans are the most patient, loyal fans out there with all the garbage year after year weve had to endure with this rabble. If anything youve highlighted a great example of whats wrong with some Tigers fans, prepared year after year to accept mediocrity and than get on your high horse and tell fans who have been through 30 years of crap, who just want to win a few games every now and than and maybe have a wining season for once to just "learn how to lose" when thats all weve been doing for so long. Sorry I want, I expect and after 30 years of following the Tigers I deserve better and so do you.
Slept through nothing old boy!
So just straight up memory loss.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 1:01 am

Well said old boy!!!
Why can’t we learn to win??

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 8:54 am

Lets all refocus for a moment,we all know and have discussed our roster and most agree we have not got a competitive NRL squad...we have journeyman,fringe first graders,young players learning and some older experienced players in their twilight years..

The main problem with our club has always been the hyped up expectations year after year,this year we recruited well,this year we have purchased great experienced players,this year we have our boom juniors and on it goes...

That leaves us with higher than realistic expectations which leads to disappointment when we lose....this has been us for years since the 2005 victory plus the constant in house fighting and instability..

Once we start performing at NRL level and have the players that can compete week to week,then we can expect much of the same until that happens....when it happens I don't know,but I cant single out the coach and blame him for everything......the PLAYERS must accept the responsibility of poor play and simple errors game after game....they haven't the talent to handle this level of pressure consistently...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 8:55 am

Siamtiger wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 2:56 pm
Jymane isaako
Just suggestions
🎶 And they say that I'm a dreamer....
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 07 Jul, 2018 8:56 am

old boy wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 6:46 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 1:59 pm
old boy wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 1:25 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:47 pm

I don’t think that many teams have demonstrated winning consistency. Ones that do have developed a team culture mixed with a core group of top line players.
Never in my 50+ years of watching NRL have I seen a inexperienced team such as 2018 WT are (cobbled together with a mixture of good, average and bad) reach any great heights.
So did not and do not expect much more than we have achieved this year ..... improvement!
For all those dreamers and critics ..... ease off learn how to be patient .... and learn how to LOSE!

I guess over those 50 years you must have slept through 2003-2005 when the Tigers were literally a team full of rejects, hasbeens and 20 game Tiger Cubs and won the bloody comp.

"For all those dreamers and critics ..... ease off learn how to be patient .... and learn how to LOSE!"

Thats got to be the comment of the year. Telling a Tigers fan to be patient!? You must have been asleep throughout the 90's as well. Its beyond belief and incredibly insulting anyone could think that about all the crap fans from Wests and Balmain have been through for the last 30 years. Besides 2005, 2010, 2011 the Wests Tigers fans have had nothing, NOTHING but loses for 3 decades. Tigers fans are the most patient, loyal fans out there with all the garbage year after year weve had to endure with this rabble. If anything youve highlighted a great example of whats wrong with some Tigers fans, prepared year after year to accept mediocrity and than get on your high horse and tell fans who have been through 30 years of crap, who just want to win a few games every now and than and maybe have a wining season for once to just "learn how to lose" when thats all weve been doing for so long. Sorry I want, I expect and after 30 years of following the Tigers I deserve better and so do you.
Slept through nothing old boy!
So just straight up memory loss.
Awww? What were we talking about again?