Has this year been a success?

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3966
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Re: Has this year been a success?

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 8:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 8:39 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 8:37 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 8:14 pm
With teams like Parra and the Dogs looking better over the last couple weeks, we’re a realistic chance of a bottom 4 finish if we don’t stop the rot.
Did you see them play each other?
Horrible game.
Yep. Based on our form, should be an easy win next week.
We beat the Top 4 teams but lose to the bottom 4 teams. That's the Tigers.
in Ivan we distrust


Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3966
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 8:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 8:39 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 8:37 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 8:14 pm
With teams like Parra and the Dogs looking better over the last couple weeks, we’re a realistic chance of a bottom 4 finish if we don’t stop the rot.
Did you see them play each other?
Horrible game.
Yep. Based on our form, should be an easy win next week.
We beat the Top 4 teams but lose to the bottom 4 teams. That's the Tigers.
Last edited by Tigerdon on Thu 26 Jul, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
in Ivan we distrust

Seantice
Member
Member
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Seantice » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:49 pm

We are 5/6 against top 4 teams this year... Go figure...

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2939
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:58 pm

Our season was long gone this time last year.

There have been missed opportunities more than the entire year of 2017.

All the experts had us bottom 2.

We are still in the fight for this year.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29305
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:58 pm

He he this place is bi-polar


Glennb
Member
Member
Posts: 817
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glennb » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:27 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:58 pm
He he this place is bi-polar
So is our team to be fair

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2710
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:38 pm

The spine is working for us. We have got some direction and go forward again. Lets hope we can sustain it.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29376
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 3:36 am

Still not a success unless Finals Football..

The destiny is still in our own hands..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4871
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 3:40 am

Liddle or Farah has to be at 9 next year.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2099
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 5:46 pm

Not having a solution d 9 and injuries to key players hurt us during the middle part of the year. Given the big holes in our roster I think you could say it has been a successful year. Ivan is gradually putting the pieces together.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22467
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 6:18 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:58 pm
He he this place is bi-polar
And proud of it.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:01 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 22 Jul, 2018 3:40 am
Liddle or Farah has to be at 9 next year.
I think that’s the plan ........
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4871
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:38 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:01 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 22 Jul, 2018 3:40 am
Liddle or Farah has to be at 9 next year.
I think that’s the plan ........
It was in the context that some posters were saying that Farah for this year only then definitely out that I interpreted as even if Jacob was not ready. But when I think of would we force HRH out when Jacob is not properly prepared and another Club picks Farah for peanuts and Farah outplays Liddle like he done to Cook last weekend and costs us vital points. :deadhorse:
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:49 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:38 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:01 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 22 Jul, 2018 3:40 am
Liddle or Farah has to be at 9 next year.
I think that’s the plan ........
It was in the context that some posters were saying that Farah for this year only then definitely out that I interpreted as even if Jacob was not ready. But when I think of would we force HRH out when Jacob is not properly prepared and another Club picks Farah for peanuts and Farah outplays Liddle like he done to Cook last weekend and costs us vital points. :deadhorse:
Mate who knows really but I think Robbie will play one more year and the two rakes will support each other - Robbie will mentor Liddle but Liddle will play more first grade to keep Robbie fresh. Who’s 9 by season’s end? - probably Farah but Liddle for sure 2020.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4871
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:57 pm

But seeing Farah out cold last week and with nothing else to prove if he hung up his boots tonight well done. Imagine how his dad, who escorted him onto the field, felt seeing him like that. I read "somewhere else" one of the posters did a count of how many times that Cammy was tackled in a game and it was only once - he gets rid of the ball one way or another so Cammy can go around safely for years extra.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Swordy
Member
Member
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri 02 Jul, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by Swordy » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:28 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:57 pm
But seeing Farah out cold last week and with nothing else to prove if he hung up his boots tonight well done. Imagine how his dad, who escorted him onto the field, felt seeing him like that. I read "somewhere else" one of the posters did a count of how many times that Cammy was tackled in a game and it was only once - he gets rid of the ball one way or another so Cammy can go around safely for years extra.
He plays first grade. Im sure he's tough enough.
How did his Dad feel? Probably the same as Garners Dad and Nofo's Dad and ET's dad and Sue's Dad every other week. Really? Are we supposed to feel some extra pride because he got knocked out?
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4871
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 8:43 am

Swordy wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:28 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:57 pm
But seeing Farah out cold last week and with nothing else to prove if he hung up his boots tonight well done. Imagine how his dad, who escorted him onto the field, felt seeing him like that. I read "somewhere else" one of the posters did a count of how many times that Cammy was tackled in a game and it was only once - he gets rid of the ball one way or another so Cammy can go around safely for years extra.
He plays first grade. Im sure he's tough enough.
How did his Dad feel? Probably the same as Garners Dad and Nofo's Dad and ET's dad and Sue's Dad every other week. Really? Are we supposed to feel some extra pride because he got knocked out?
I can't figure out where I have implied pride anywhere. He could hang up his boots because he has nothing else to prove or really achieve and in a manner does not need any more severe knocks. He is targeted because he is a linchpin. He got an excellent 250th reception and a great game by the boys "for him" - a lot better than Sutton received. He can happily ride off into the sunset any time now.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7093
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 9:22 am

2018 has been a very good year. Some might say I am easy pleased and set a very low bar,but in my eyes this has been a very good year.

At the start of the year, outside our supporters everyone had us bottom three with plenty thinking wooden spoon. Than we lost our no6 for the best part of a year before a ball was kicked off. Our planned no1 did not work out, we lost our possible centre combo before the start of the season and our no 9 did not come back from surgery as we expected. On top of that we got some very average calls in games that probably should have gone the other way.

Most players have improved, Brooks and Lawrence, two whipping boys on this forum in previous years have been in career best form. For the first time in yonks we have beaten the top sides. I doubt we will make the eight but we will be close.

Off the field we would be close to premiers. Memberships,sponsorships and attendances have all been very strong. This is a big effort for a club who have been down for a few years.

If we can jag a couple of quality recruits, I see this club making some bigger steps next year.

Post Reply