Farah, Marshall reunion not just a feel-good story

Wests Tigers Discussion
maxxy86

Re: Farah, Marshall reunion not just a feel-good story

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 5:50 am

They got thru the first dragons game well, but still have to play them again. Not to mention the bunnies twice also. Lot of water to flow under that bridge still in the season. But I like that they brought some energy to the team. We certainly needed it in spadefuls and hopefully this continues until Rd 25.
I think then we'll know what our two greats will do in 2019.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:28 am

Football is a collision sport and by the time you are 30+ your body usually shows the effects of that.We already have players who are showing signs that they are at that stage.
I wouldnt be making a decision on either of them until our season is completed.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:52 am

Eddie wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:38 pm
Can we really be relying on the Grub and Liddle to get fit in 2019? Would be a real gamble based on their last 2 years of football.

Suppose it depends what the club/Ivan can do firstly salary cap wise and then the players themselves want to do. I know Benji and Robbie are old blokes now but there proving this year there not hopeless. They might want to retire, I sense Benji might. I reckon Farah might want to go around again but I could be wrong.

Interested to see what people think.

I think Liddle will be fine..his return was botched early in the year..the kid only started contact 2 weeks prior to his 1st game should never have played and come back through minimal minutes in ISP...

He made over 70 tackles and played 80mins in ISP on Saturday his 3rd 80 min game in a row..

Would not be against Farah for 1 more year if he would be prepared to take a back seat like he did with Cook when Jacob is ready to go..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Icon

Post by Icon » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 8:54 am

I will never understand the negative post in reference to Benji and Robbie, have you not been watching the last 3 years?
watching the game while working overseas yesterday put a smile in my face. They were awesome.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:09 am

For next year, I wonder if they could still train with the club, but we only bring them onto the books if injuries require? i.e. Skando.