Marsters goal kicking

Wests Tigers Discussion
maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1619
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Marsters goal kicking

Post by maxxy86 » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 9:13 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 8:55 am
Well if Marsters is going into the pack....we can just play with no centres..

Oh....
Pack for mine need more speed out wide.....still be no 1 goal kicker tho
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:


User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6062
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 9:28 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 9:13 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 8:55 am
Well if Marsters is going into the pack....we can just play with no centres..

Oh....
Pack for mine need more speed out wide.....still be no 1 goal kicker tho
Like Geo said, where are we getting 2 starting centres from, plus a back up one, I agree Marsters is probably a backrower, but what about our centres.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
LeichhardtTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon 26 Dec, 2011 12:54 pm
Location: Adelaide

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 11:20 pm

Why would you want him to move into the Pack? Is he a tackling machine? Not!
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:26 am

Spartan117 wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 11:16 am
Im Happy with this element of Esans Game.

The difficulty of the kicks pays tribute to the team scoring on a higher grade of position on the field.

I would like to see better offloads and for him to run more . I would like to see him in a Fonua / Hurrell like style that can terrorise the opposition.
It feels like gets half a tackle bust but isn't 100% sure of his support player's line or timing. I'd rather he hold the ball than chuck and hope if he's not confident.

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5836
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:35 am

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:26 am
Spartan117 wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 11:16 am
Im Happy with this element of Esans Game.

The difficulty of the kicks pays tribute to the team scoring on a higher grade of position on the field.

I would like to see better offloads and for him to run more . I would like to see him in a Fonua / Hurrell like style that can terrorise the opposition.
It feels like gets half a tackle bust but isn't 100% sure of his support player's line or timing. I'd rather he hold the ball than chuck and hope if he's not confident.
Totally agree Cosimo, good observation

This is the by product of being a team that has been cobbled together from whats available and from all over.


TigerSJ
Member
Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by TigerSJ » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 2:52 pm

Have you noticed he has stopped offloading? I'd like to see his stats from the first 8 games and now in the last 8. He is just not running with the same intensity and desire either. However, on the positive side, his kicking definitely seems to have improved.

His defence capabilities, and ability to make effort on effort indicate to me that he'd have plenty of work ahead of him to make an NRL backrower.

Kerry Cogger
Member
Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kerry Cogger » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:00 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 11:16 am
Im Happy with this element of Esans Game.

The difficulty of the kicks pays tribute to the team scoring on a higher grade of position on the field.

I would like to see better offloads and for him to run more . I would like to see him in a Fonua / Hurrell like style that can terrorise the opposition.
Hurrells too soft and injury prone. Im thinking more a Solomon Kata type.

jojo
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:39 am

Post by jojo » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 4:16 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:31 pm
For a guy who was a try scoring and hole running freak in the lower grades it's funny how this part of his game has almost disappeared entirely in the NRL. Obviously a step up in quality, but his ability to hit a gap and use his footwork close to the line was phenomenal and his main strength.

He seems overly concerned about being a team player though, always looking to setup his team mates by attracting defenders and offloading. Or making metres to get the team down field. This is all well and good, but he also needs to back himself far more. As it stands no other centre in the NRL has scored fewer tries than he has. He's a centre not a prop, he needs to focus on scoring and assisting tries not just making metres on halfway.

His goal-kicking has improved a lot though. A sensational effort for someone that had never kicked a ball a year ago. Still needs more consistency from out wide but his recent form with the boot is very encouraging!
Pretty harsh on him nothing wrong with being a team player especially if it leads to tries. Just to clarify he leads all centres for try assists with 5 equal with Roberts. He is also second for us with Brooks marginally ahead on 7 so not too bad for a centre. He has one try, sure, equal with Gagai, Hurell, Dylan Walker and Justin O Neill. I think its more a reflection on our attack than Marsters ability/form that we are scoring so few and currently have the least points scored for in the entire competition . He also does all the work, as the back 5 do topping the team this year for runs and run meters. He has however seemed to put the offload away to some degree which I think has taken away some of the unpredictability although still sits 3rd for offloads and effective offloads.

His kicking is a pleasant surprise and seems to be improving with each game.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28986
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 4:40 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:31 pm
For a guy who was a try scoring and hole running freak in the lower grades it's funny how this part of his game has almost disappeared entirely in the NRL. Obviously a step up in quality, but his ability to hit a gap and use his footwork close to the line was phenomenal and his main strength.

He seems overly concerned about being a team player though, always looking to setup his team mates by attracting defenders and offloading. Or making metres to get the team down field. This is all well and good, but he also needs to back himself far more. As it stands no other centre in the NRL has scored fewer tries than he has. He's a centre not a prop, he needs to focus on scoring and assisting tries not just making metres on halfway.

His goal-kicking has improved a lot though. A sensational effort for someone that had never kicked a ball a year ago. Still needs more consistency from out wide but his recent form with the boot is very encouraging!
Dane Gagai has the same amount of TRIES as Masters and less assists..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21844
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 6:23 pm

Played like a monster in the first half.

Post Reply