Tiger Steve

Re: Run Home and Finals Hopes

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 4:16 pm

westy81 wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 6:52 am
I don’t want to be negative but I don’t see the Tigers playing finals
We have to win every match from here on in to have a chance of playing finals
All those wins which we lost by 2 points are coming back to haunt us
What about the ones we won by two points or less?? That scramble style play where we fought till the last minute has been a positive and a negative
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 4:19 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 6:25 pm
I can't wait until we meet the Raiders, need a win to keep climbing the ladder, have everything to play for and get beat by 50.
......seen that before somewhere... :mrgreen:

I think this time we take the raiders on we'll make a better crack of it - particularly if we get into a lead.

Croker although not what I'd consider individually brilliant is the glue that holds that team together.

Too many crazies in that team.

Need some mental toughness against the Raiders - they seriously aren't that good - Parramatta have a better looking team on paper.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 4:34 pm

In the week leading up to the raiders game invite Terry Lamb to training - get him to demonstrate his 1988 grand final defensive style. Then use it against Hodgson in the first set of 6. We win. Simples!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 5:13 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 4:34 pm
In the week leading up to the raiders game invite Terry Lamb to training - get him to demonstrate his 1988 grand final defensive style. Then use it against Hodgson in the first set of 6. We win. Simples!
We would be down to 12 on the field for the rest of the game.Dog shots are only let go when they are against us

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 5:26 pm

I'll back us until it is mathematically impossible

It's our team , win lose or draw

Surely one season they will shock the Christ out of us , hopefully this is the one

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 5:43 pm

If Brisbane lose tonight and we beat Souths its on.
And with the players we have added we are a better balanced team.
This could be the weekend it oens up for us.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 6:07 pm

I will downplay expectations and hopes until round 25. Have been burned to many times before

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 6:33 am

Seantice wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 1:55 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:48 am
Seantice wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:46 am
Does it matter? even if we made it to the finals we would only be making up the numbers.
Yeah lets not bother...may as well go to Bali now... :roll:
I'm not saying give up. I want this team to play their best for every game. I'm just saying our best will not win a final should we make it there. We have too many positions made up of average joes. I'm looking forward to 2020 honestly.
:? Do you still think our best wouldn't win a finals game after knocking off 1st n 2nd 2 weeks running...?

Here at Average Joe's gym it's the fight in the Dog that counts...

Keep winning and we'll see how the numbers stack up..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 6:40 am

We only have ourselves to blame if we don't make the 8, had a rough patch where we should have won a few games

Won't be happy though if we finish 9th and the Broncos finish 8th by two points, only beacuse we got absolutely rorted against them earlier in the year

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 7:01 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 22 Jul, 2018 6:33 am
Seantice wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 1:55 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:48 am
Seantice wrote:
Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:46 am
Does it matter? even if we made it to the finals we would only be making up the numbers.
Yeah lets not bother...may as well go to Bali now... :roll:
I'm not saying give up. I want this team to play their best for every game. I'm just saying our best will not win a final should we make it there. We have too many positions made up of average joes. I'm looking forward to 2020 honestly.
:? Do you still think our best wouldn't win a finals game after knocking off 1st n 2nd 2 weeks running...?

Here at Average Joe's gym it's the fight in the Dog that counts...

Keep winning and we'll see how the numbers stack up..
We play the Dogs this week :?

We just need to keep the 5 d's of the Top 8 run dodging ducking dipping diving and dodging our way to the promised land

If we can dodge a wrench , we can dodge a ball

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 7:07 am

Broncos - Sharks (h), Dogs (a), Cowboys (a), Bunnies (h), Roosters (a), Sea Eagles (h)
Raiders - Storm (a), Panthers (a), Tigers (h), Roosters (h), Bunnies (h), Warriors (a)
Tigers - Dogs (a), Knights (a), Raiders (a), Dragons (h), Sea Eagles (h), Bunnies (h)
Given the Broncos v Panthers didn't come our way, we should probably also hope to see the Warriors dropping down the ladder

Warriors - Storm (h), Titans (a), Dragons (h), Knights (h), Dogs (a), Panthers (h), Raiders (h)

I can see the Bronco's losing to the Sharks, Bunnies and Roosters, but that should be it. Warriors, well the way they sometimes play could lose to all of them, but I would expect Storm, Dragons and Panthers (maybe) to beat them.

Can't believe we're still in with a chance though at this stage of the year, but given maybe 3 losses for each for the Broncs and/or Warriors, we'd still need to win 5 from the last 6. 4 of them, on paper and position on the table at least you'd expect? which leaves either another win against the Dragons and/or the Bunnies.

We'll be sweating on a lot of games :)

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 9:04 am

It's the for and against that might hurt us in the end, but either way we need to win 5 from 6 to sneak in.

Let's hope it's the first 5 games

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 9:20 am

There's literally a quarter of the season left. We need to try to win every game, simple.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 9:27 am

We just need to focus on beating the Dogs next week. The only thing we can control is us winning games. We do that we are in with a shot.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 9:49 am

Tacky wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:02 am
Our season relies on Farah and Marshall. If these 2 don't turn up, we won't go anywhere. The rest are gonna be as hot and cold as usual, but if Farah or Marshall go down we won't win anything.
except for a few small incidents yesterday the whole team were excellent but when Farah was stretchered off then I was worried we would not keep them to nil and what would happen. Is Farah playing next round?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 10:15 am

If we had of beat those rubbish teams out of the 8 knights eels titans and faiders we would be in better position to make the 8. Sadly we only seem to turn up against the good teams.

Next week we have the dogs, danger game written all over it after beaten top 2 teams. Our run home had 4 games we are suppose to win and ends with Souths. We have to lean how to win games we are fav for that’s simply why we won’t be playing finals.

The stupid broncos games where the refs cost us should have been a draw too. We would be 21 points and then 23 we would be 2 games behind not 3.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 11:21 am

We will beat the dogs by 40 but will struggle against the Knights and Raiders.

We need momentum and a winning streak heading into games against the Dragons and Rabbits. I have a feeling we will Go undefeated.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 11:36 am

Trying not to get my hopes up. Old cliche but taking it one game at a time. Hopefully they bring the same attitude vs the puppy dogs as they have for the dragons and rabbits.
No more plodders!
:sign: