Ivan Cleary admits he wants to bring his son Nathan to the Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers Discussion
larrycorowa

Re: Ivan Cleary admits he wants to bring his son Nathan to the Wests Tigers

Post by larrycorowa » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 7:36 am

We should be able to fit both. Extend brooks with a pay rise to $750k. Can’t see nc coming until 2020. Gives us time to bulk up our forward stocks. Ic to extend a further 4years sometime in 2019.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 7:44 am

lol if both Brooks and Cleary can't be fit in the cap in 2020 we are paying massive overs to some others...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:13 am

Geo. wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 7:44 am
lol if both Brooks and Cleary can't be fit in the cap in 2020 we are paying massive overs to some others...
Surely we can find a sombrero between now and 2020 :D

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:34 am

Two things about Brooks:

1) He has improved a lot this year and is getting more and more confident all the time and at what ...23 or so? still has his best years in front of him and could still eventually reach that "immortal" status he was unfairly tagged with after 1 first grade game

2) When the other muppets were carrying on holding the club to ransom last year he wanted to sign, probably against the advice of the pimp did sign, then declared he never wanted to leave. He's a Wests Tiger through and through and the fact the kid can play, loves this club and is one of "ours" makes him a priority for me.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:34 am

Re-sign Brooks now.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:51 am

Furious1 wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:34 am
Two things about Brooks:

1) He has improved a lot this year and is getting more and more confident all the time and at what ...23 or so? still has his best years in front of him and could still eventually reach that "immortal" status he was unfairly tagged with after 1 first grade game

2) When the other muppets were carrying on holding the club to ransom last year he wanted to sign, probably against the advice of the pimp did sign, then declared he never wanted to leave. He's a Wests Tiger through and through and the fact the kid can play, loves this club and is one of "ours" makes him a priority for me.

Yep, we should shop around JReynolds and keep Brooks as our 6 with NC as our 7....left and right foot kickers...and a great combo....

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:55 am

Triple M Tolking about a 5 year deal for NC at the Tigers.
Marty Johns saying Brooks, Mbye, Marsters all good runners . NC will be the organiser
Last edited by Tigerdon on Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

cochise

Post by cochise » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:59 am

rex2ce wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 4:39 pm
clifferdSH wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 1:07 pm
I'm a fan of getting Cleary to the club but not at the expense of Brooksy. The kid has come leaps and bounds and absolutely loves the club

Plus if you were to rank them up beside each other as of current form Brooks outplays him in just about every facet, all behind a pretty average forward pack
I agree , don’t let Brooks go, Cleary has not been a standout since his knee injury and the loss of RCG, Luke has always done it tough at the Tigers and is now showing what he can do behind some reasonable forwards
Whatever happens Ivan is the winner, you need to remember that he is also Nathan's manager so if he drives up his asking price at Penrith by saying the Tigers want to sign him, it will actually make Ivan more $$$$$$$.

Just kidding, I actually believe that Nathan will come here, but that would be another twist to the story.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:26 am

Furious1 wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:34 am
Two things about Brooks:

Well said.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:30 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:55 am
Mmm Tolking about a 5 year deal got NC .
Marty Johns saying Brooks, Mbye, Marsters all good runners . NC will be the organiser
So they are saying Nathan is almost certain to come to the Tigers?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:35 am

swag tiger wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:30 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Dude you are like a seagull on a chip.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:37 am

swag tiger wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
For what it's worth Paul Kent said last night on Matty Johns show he was hearing it was basically a done deal. Wouldn't be the first time it's been wrong though.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:49 am

swag tiger wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
TripleM Tolking about a 5 year deal for NC .
I never get my hopes up until the WestsTigers announce it. Media types are always just speculating.
that's what the Grill team were talking about. I don't think they really have any intel. Matty obviously knows a lot of people in the NRL.
what Matty Johns was saying ( the Tigers need an organiser , as we have good runners) did make sense.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 9:56 am

Maybe we should sign Maloney instead then as he does most of the organising at the pamfers. .whatever that is
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:01 am

Love how opinions change on here.
Brooks has his usual one good game in eight and is a champion again.
Talent has never been his issue - it has always been consistency.
That he has greatly improved his defence this year is in his favour, but he still can't run a team.
Cleary would bring the glue we need in the middle.
Brooks may well prove to be a good five eighth and foil on the other side of the ruck ... only problem is we get stuck with a high priced benchie in Reynolds.

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:17 am

Sign Brooks and Cleary on long term deals we have our halves sorted for the next 4-5 years. That's the sort of stability we've lacked for ages

I think Brooks is the sort of guy to sign for less than his worth to keep the club in good hands. He signed with us last year without even knowing if his 3 best mates were gonna be here, and for less

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:19 am

clifferdSH wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:17 am
Sign Brooks and Cleary on long term deals we have our halves sorted for the next 4-5 years. That's the sort of stability we've lacked for ages

I think Brooks is the sort of guy to sign for less than his worth to keep the club in good hands. He signed with us last year without even knowing if his 3 best mates were gonna be here, and for less
I’d say he knew they were gone when he signed. It’s obvious their minds were made up long before. Tedesco and Sharon in particular.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:51 am

If in fact he does come over to us, I would imagine there would be a fair chance Gus would release him a year early. It never really works when a player has to play out a season knowing he is on the move the next year. It tends to create a bad atmosphere with the fan base.
Like others I would be signing Brooks up now before every other club who need a half start sniffing around