Wests Tigers Discussion
tigerap

Re: Farah floats idea of walking off into sunset with Benji

Post by tigerap » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 12:39 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 30 Jul, 2018 9:19 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 30 Jul, 2018 8:50 pm
If we sign Nathan for 2018 both will go.

If we dont sign Nathan one or both will stay.

Simple maths
Yep .... was just going down the same train of thought.
Ahh the earliest we can bring Nathan on the bus is 2020....he is still with Penriff in 2019

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 3:25 pm

tigerap wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 12:39 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Mon 30 Jul, 2018 9:19 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 30 Jul, 2018 8:50 pm
If we sign Nathan for 2018 both will go.

If we dont sign Nathan one or both will stay.

Simple maths
Yep .... was just going down the same train of thought.
Ahh the earliest we can bring Nathan on the bus is 2020....he is still with Penriff in 2019
Why on earth would you think a contract makes any difference, especially when Gus has even come out and said he would release nathan to play with his dad! If Gus let him go at the end of his contract there wouldn't even be a need for a release...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:33 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 9:22 am
willow wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 7:52 am
Your infatuation with Farah is nothing short of disturbing.
Its trolling.. Nothing less.
Farah fullback?
Please
In the World Cup when Tonga scored their first try who was down there forcing the pass - Farah, he forced a forward pass if you look closely
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:23 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:33 pm
innsaneink wrote:
willow wrote:
Farah fullback?
Please
In the World Cup when Tonga scored their first try who was down there forcing the pass - Farah, he forced a forward pass if you look closely
Laughable...youve no idea

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 8:36 pm

If Segeyaro is legitimately available, sign him and do not re-sign Farah. If Segeyaro is not achievable, then re-sign Farah 1 year.

Pretty simple for me.

Same w Benji - if N Cleary is a real deal for 2019, give Benji another year 2018. If we can possibly get Cleary 1 season early, then Benji retires and takes a club role.

I feel both players could go another year without embarrassing themselves. A lot of people are looking at Thurston as going a year too long, but frankly Thurston has been trading on guile and a lack of physical presence for a few seasons now.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 8:57 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 8:36 pm
If Segeyaro is legitimately available, sign him and do not re-sign Farah. If Segeyaro is not achievable, then re-sign Farah 1 year.

Pretty simple for me.

Same w Benji - if N Cleary is a real deal for 2019, give Benji another year 2018. If we can possibly get Cleary 1 season early, then Benji retires and takes a club role.

I feel both players could go another year without embarrassing themselves. A lot of people are looking at Thurston as going a year too long, but frankly Thurston has been trading on guile and a lack of physical presence for a few seasons now.
Absolutely spot on. Always read your posts as they are well thought through.

I was surprised Cleary sort of said it was Farah’s decision for next year. What you said surely is the way to go.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 9:56 pm

jirskyr wrote:

Pretty simple for me.

Not so simple for me. If we sign Segey to a multi-year deal where does that leave Liddle? I would think neither see themselves as ISP players and I don’t think a hooker on the bench works well.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 10:12 pm

bbobb wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 9:56 pm
jirskyr wrote:

Pretty simple for me.

Not so simple for me. If we sign Segey to a multi-year deal where does that leave Liddle? I would think neither see themselves as ISP players and I don’t think a hooker on the bench works well.
where does that leave Liddle? GONE! I suspect the guy may end up in league's scrap heap of injured players.
Don't get me wrong, he has potential. But he has 2 shoulder reconstructions. If he takes another big injury then I can't see him being a full timer on any minutes. Also he is a junior, he may not be a Hooker. Positions take time to settle, Hooker is his best at the moment... but we will see.
Segeyaro would be a great Hooker. I could see LIddle being walked off and S being brought straight in with Robbie as cover.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 10:18 pm

colmcd wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 10:12 pm
bbobb wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Pretty simple for me.

where does that leave Liddle? GONE! I suspect the guy may end up in league's scrap heap of injured players.
Don't get me wrong, he has potential. But he has 2 shoulder reconstructions. If he takes another big injury then I can't see him being a full timer on any minutes. Also he is a junior, he may not be a Hooker. Positions take time to settle, Hooker is his best at the moment... but we will see.
Segeyaro would be a great Hooker. I could see LIddle being walked off and S being brought straight in with Robbie as cover.
Cleary has clearly stated that he and the club see Liddle as the future 9. Of Segeyaro signs - one will play 14.

The fly in the ointment for me is if that happens and N Cleary comes there’s not room for 2 utility players on the bench. Therefore Reynolds may be in trouble
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 10:20 pm

bbobb wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Pretty simple for me.

It leaves Liddle as bench hooker for now. Has Chicko ever played a regular 80 mins week in and out? Every club has used him as a super sub, for his energy and power.

Chicko has played 133 FG games over 8 seasons and Liddle just 22. Liddle is a good talent but has not yet proven capable of managing the rigours of FG.

Liddle is signed until end of 2019. If he goes ok next year, then we talk extension. If not, then we move on I suspect.

Going into 2019 with Liddle only, or Liddle backup up Farah are not the two top options as I see it.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 1:29 am

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 10:20 pm
bbobb wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Pretty simple for me.

It leaves Liddle as bench hooker for now. Has Chicko ever played a regular 80 mins week in and out? Every club has used him as a super sub, for his energy and power.

Chicko has played 133 FG games over 8 seasons and Liddle just 22. Liddle is a good talent but has not yet proven capable of managing the rigours of FG.

I have talked Liddle up for a couple of years but I have to agree.

Putting all our eggs in his basket next year would be a risky move. Despite the fact I think he is a quality talent.

This year he was managing 25-30 minutes of decent footy a game. And he was gassed after that.

Next year it might be 40-50 good minutes.

He is managing 80 minutes in the State Cup and playing well and thats a progression but its a huge step up to NRL standard 80 minutes.

I cant see him being an 80 minute hooker in the NRL next season and being up to that.

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 6:09 am

The Robbie and Benji show....The greatest circus on earth.... :sign:

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 7:13 am

Hard decision the coach has to make on Liddle. Both Farah and Segeyaro impact it in different ways.

If i was him i wouldnt be making a call for another four or five weeks. let it play out, let Liddle keep improving and give him another run in firsts before you make the decision.

If that means we lose Segeyaro so be it, existing players youve invested in should always be given a chance before going to the market.
Its an opinion!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 8:06 am

If Cleary is looking at signing Sege that confirms there is doubt about Liddle being 80 minute strong. Looks like we will carry a DH on the bench next year whether its Farah or Sege I am glad it wont be a stop gap solution.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 9:18 am

bbobb wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Pretty simple for me.

It worked well last week... Segeyaro made a massive difference when he came on

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 9:29 am

If Liddle has a full off season on the weights ect I see no reason why he will not step up to 80 mins . If he can’t he’ll be done Imo the club will not persist I would imagine.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 9:50 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 01 Aug, 2018 9:18 am
bbobb wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Pretty simple for me.

It worked well last week... Segeyaro made a massive difference when he came on
Yeah if we were going to run 2 hookers then at least Liddle and Segeyaro would be a high impact pairing. Plenty of speed and elusiveness out of dummy half between the pair of them.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 10:57 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:23 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:33 pm
innsaneink wrote:
willow wrote:
Farah fullback?
Please
Laughable...youve no idea
How many times have we seen Tedesco caught out as FB - even at SOO. And who was out-fooling him - the Farah type with all the tricks in the book. So surely Farah can analyse play to know where and when to be. And he is famous for putting his body on the line and he is not the tinyist kid out there.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)