Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:23 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:33 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 9:22 am

Its trolling.. Nothing less.
Farah fullback?
Please
In the World Cup when Tonga scored their first try who was down there forcing the pass - Farah, he forced a forward pass if you look closely
Laughable...youve no idea
How many times have we seen Tedesco caught out as FB - even at SOO. And who was out-fooling him - the Farah type with all the tricks in the book. So surely Farah can analyse play to know where and when to be. And he is famous for putting his body on the line and he is not the tinyist kid out there.
At club level Farah will never play fullback. Get over it and try and develop some common sense.

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 1:00 pm

Said it before, will say it again, Liddle is not robust enough for first grade, the young kid from Sharks has been playing big minutes since day one

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 1:46 pm

rex2ce wrote:
Wed 01 Aug, 2018 1:00 pm
Said it before, will say it again, Liddle is not robust enough for first grade, the young kid from Sharks has been playing big minutes since day one
imo - (with due respect) I think you are absolutely and totally incorrect.

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 1:54 pm

Duly noted Russell

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 2:29 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 01 Aug, 2018 1:46 pm
rex2ce wrote:
imo - (with due respect) I think you are absolutely and totally incorrect.
Seconded.

just because someone suffered a couple of injuries (all close together too) for the first time in his career means nothing.

People said the same about Benji, but he did ok in the end.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 2:37 pm

1 more year

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Thu 02 Aug, 2018 7:43 am

rex2ce wrote:
I've always been suspect of his wirey frame....I think he will be a good one tho and must be given the role next year. He seems to me that he has filled out and that will help immensely.
It's time for the last 2 players of the 05 gf to walk away.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu 02 Aug, 2018 7:48 am

They have been some of our best this year. If we don't have Nathan for next year I would like to see them play on 1 more year. Who is going to replace Benji? Reynolds? And Farah, Liddle? I don't think Liddle is ready to be a main hooker, secondary sure. Reynolds lots of doubts. I love Reynolds and think he is a good player, but not sure he can slot in for the role Benji has been playing hmm.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 02 Aug, 2018 3:54 pm

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... laying-on/

Cleary open to Farah, Marshall playing on
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Thu 2 Aug 2018, 12:10 PM

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary says he's open to the possibility of Life Members Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah playing on at the club beyond 2018.

Full of praise for the way in which the veteran off-contract duo have handled themselves on and off the field this year, Cleary said he would be happy for the pair to play on at the club going forward.

"I'd love them to play next year," Cleary told reporters on Thursday.

"Guys like Benji and Robbie have had such long, distinguished careers — certainly at this club what they've done has been enormous and they're still playing well.

"It's one of those things where it's that time in their career that they need to want to go around again [and] we've also got to be able to make it work as well. I'd like to see it happen, but at the end of the day, they've got to want it in their hearts to do it... we'll see how it goes."

While their contributions on the field has certainly been evident in stirring upset wins over the Dragons and Rabbitohs in the last month, Cleary also said the return of the duo had provided plenty off the field too — praising the pair in their involvement to help bring out the best in the teammates around them.

"They're showing good signs off the field," Cleary enthused.

"Players careers can end quickly and sometimes you don't know when that is. Then again, they can go on longer than you think as well so it really is a balancing act.

"But especially for a club like us and where we're at, it's key. We're at a building phase now and we're trying to climb the ladder and become a club that can be successful, so to have guys who have already done so much for the club but want to come back and help out is really important.

"Especially in Robbie's case, I really think he can add so much to a guy like Jacob [Liddle].

"But you know, both Benji and Robbie have got to want to play and be able to play as well. It's a delicate situation for those guys, but I think they'll know what to do and when that day happens we'll let you know."
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 02 Aug, 2018 4:57 pm

I will take Ivan's word on this:
"Especially in Robbie's case, I really think he can add so much to a guy like Jacob [Liddle]

Liddle is already terrific relatively speaking so that is excellent. Between the three of them they will get the best possible result. Jacob should realise he is getting ahead so should stay in-house and content. Benny is not there to teach him how to open his mouth in a scrum but Farah can teach him lay-down open misere
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:40 am

If Farah really wants 300 game tattoo he may pick up at the Doggies but he may dislike their fan base
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 11:35 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 9:35 am
Seemingly neither wants to play ISP so in that case both need to retire this year. They could both re-sign on small backup contracts, play ISP and fill in where necessary in ISP but i don't think that's what they want to do. And fair enough that's their call, but if they're our first choice 5/8 and hooker next season we're in trouble.
We’re in bigger trouble if our first choice anywhere is Ballin Mark 2!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 09 Aug, 2018 2:29 am

In OTHER NEWS...

Wests Tigers offer Robbie Farah a contract extension
Adrian Proszenko
By Adrian Proszenko
8 August 2018 — 5:02pm

The Wests Tigers have offered Robbie Farah a new one-year contract, but the uncertainty over Ivan Cleary’s future could again result in him playing under a coach that doesn’t want him.

Farah is yet to make a call on his future, but has indicated he is considering playing on in 2019. It’s a similar situation for this long-time friend and teammate Benji Marshall, who is also off contract at the end of the year.

It leaves the Tigers in the precarious position of not knowing whether their coach and two star members of their spine will be at the club next year.

Marshall and Farah's much-publicised returns to Concord were initially met with scepticism in some quarters, but the veteran playmakers have proven they are still more than capable of competing at NRL level.

It leaves Farah in the invidious position of being wanted by his current coach, yet unsure if he will remain to fulfil his contractual commitments.

Some Tigers powerbrokers had qualms about bringing Farah back from South Sydney after he fell out with previous coach Jason Taylor. It was a messy exit and one that cost the Tigers $750,000 just to get the former NSW hooker off the books. However, management figured if they backed the judgement of the previous coach in getting rid of Farah, they had to back the judgement of Cleary, who wanted him back in the fold.

The Tigers have won three of their past five matches with Farah back in the side, although it appears the run has been left too late to make the finals. Regardless, he has shown more creativity out of dummy half than Cleary’s other hooking options without stifling the performances of improving halfback Luke Brooks.

Farah is yet to make a call on whether to play on into this 35th year, although he is believed to be leaning towards putting off retirement. However, his preference would be to have some certainty over the head coach to ensure he doesn’t find himself in a situation where he is not part of the club's plans.

Jacob Liddle has been considered the long-term replacement for Farah, but a series of injuries have stymied his career.

It’s understood there is some consideration to targeting out-of-favour Canterbury hooker Michael Lichaa if Farah decides to retire.

Parramatta is another club interested in Lichaa and the Bulldogs would be prepared to release him from the final year of his contract if another opportunity presented itself. If that were to happen, off-contract Cronulla hooker James Segeyaro is the most likely replacement.

"I'm in a great place at the moment, I’m not thinking too far ahead," Segeyaro said. "I love the place I’m at mentally here, it’s a good club. I’m loving it.

"Whatever happens happens, it's up to my management. It’s a matter of what best suits me.

"I just want to be there on October 2, I want to win a grand final. I want to be in a position to win it. If it’s here, it’s here, if it’s somewhere else, then that’s what it is.

"Money isn’t an issue, it’s about getting 2018 away with some finals."

Asked if Canterbury was an option, Segeyaro said: "Anything could appeal, you just never know how the world works."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wests- ... 4zwat.html

Go Robbie... :lol:
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 09 Aug, 2018 7:46 am

Nothing like watching an active dummy half have some fun and cause havoc. Some good news but amazing they are considering LIchaa with LIddle getting his act together. LIchaa is persona non grata to many at Belmore at least in the Kennel.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 09 Aug, 2018 9:13 am

I get the feeling this will be as good as our recruitment will get for next year.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 09 Aug, 2018 11:30 am

With everything going on at the moment we won’t be getting much more. Who’s going to sign for a coach less club.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Thu 09 Aug, 2018 11:46 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 11:30 am
With everything going on at the moment we won’t be getting much more. Who’s going to sign for a coach less club.
Plodders and Nuffies!
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 09 Aug, 2018 4:46 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 11:46 am
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 11:30 am
Plodders and Nuffies!
What’s the level below that?