Justin Pascoe a good leader?

Wests Tigers Discussion
Eddie

Justin Pascoe a good leader?

Post by Eddie » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:02 pm

Just wondering on everyones general thoughts on him? I think he has done a pretty good job in general.

He has put a lot on the line with his comments tonight to the members. The tone of his message to me was (reading between the lines) that Ivan had some bad news for him and he wont have a bar of it. As a fan its the strong message I wanted to here. However I suppose its actions and not words that will determine how Tigers fan react to this.

At the end of the day If Ivan does want to leave then whatever. Says more about him then anything. Disappointing if true but whatever, he is not exactly a club legend.

I just don't want the club to roll over. We need to show some backbone. Whether it be the courts, compensations, players or outright refusing to release him. We have taken too many hits, many self inflicted. This time a rival is trying to push us over. We can't be seen to be bullied otherwise I think it would be a massive turn off for our fans. Fans of a club that have been starved of success and are looking at things to cling onto?

If Ivan downs tools Pascoe surely has to seek either 2 Million compensation or make a trade that significantly improves the roster. I think there is plenty on the line here.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:07 pm

He's the only shining light from these events.

A true gentleman and a respectable human being.

Unlike that dispicable polluted toad Phil Gould..

Well done to Mr Pascoe. Your work is appreciated.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:09 pm

He’s a real leader.

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:19 pm

Remember both IC and Pascoe were sacked from Penriff. Now recall their appearances on the Fan Feedback Streams. The mateship between them seemed genuine and they provided a real Laconic approach whilst maintaining their professionalism. I am hoping that they are actually playing Gould off a break. NC has got a get out clause but it can't be activated until November. What if IC purposedly tried to destabilise Penriff by making contact re NC's future? We need a top 8 team to crash and burn over the next 4 weeks. BTW according to Josh Reynolds the team had today off! Coincidence?
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:31 pm

By real Leichhardt Tiger.

Cleary has already met with Penrith.

The Week be got slapped by the Dogs.

His silence speaks volumes at the minute.

At worst it says he is undecided. By the tone of Pascoe's interview and Ivan's silence I suggest Cleary definitely suggested a release if not asked for one when they met yesterday or this morning.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:51 am

He has a large forehead.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:56 am

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:51 am
He has a large forehead.
:brick: This might have something to do with that.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:14 am

Eddie wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:02 pm
Just wondering on everyones general thoughts on him? I think he has done a pretty good job in general.

He has put a lot on the line with his comments tonight to the members. The tone of his message to me was (reading between the lines) that Ivan had some bad news for him and he wont have a bar of it. As a fan its the strong message I wanted to here. However I suppose its actions and not words that will determine how Tigers fan react to this.

At the end of the day If Ivan does want to leave then whatever. Says more about him then anything. Disappointing if true but whatever, he is not exactly a club legend.

I just don't want the club to roll over. We need to show some backbone. Whether it be the courts, compensations, players or outright refusing to release him. We have taken too many hits, many self inflicted. This time a rival is trying to push us over. We can't be seen to be bullied otherwise I think it would be a massive turn off for our fans. Fans of a club that have been starved of success and are looking at things to cling onto?

If Ivan downs tools Pascoe surely has to seek either 2 Million compensation or make a trade that significantly improves the roster. I think there is plenty on the line here.
He could become the WT's biggest asset if he plays his cards right , we just need to stick to our guns and stay strong

Ivan Cleary are probably gone unless he and NC are playing Gould ........

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:27 am

Pascoe has done a great job so far, particularly compared to some prior CEOs. I love that he has come out and stated that Cleary won’t be given a release. Now he has to stick to his guns
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:29 am

The media will really test Justin if its true Ivan asked for a release, remember how quick the Mitch Moses issue went downhill after Ivan said no...

I am not convinced Ivan has asked or will leave yet.....

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:06 am

Anyone can talk the talk it is when the real pressure is applied do real leaders stand up .Personally I hope this is the defining moment for our club that I have been waiting for, the question on leadership is still to be proved.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:17 am

He's done well but let's not forget Marina Go who had some harsh words to say about Penrith on Monday night when this broke. I'd suggest a corporate stoush is not unfamiliar to her and she will become one of our great assets in this matter.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:35 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:17 am
He's done well but let's not forget Marina Go who had some harsh words to say about Penrith on Monday night when this broke. I'd suggest a corporate stoush is not unfamiliar to her and she will become one of our great assets in this matter.
What did Go say other than 'Its my view Ivan will stay Coz he got a contract'

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:49 am

I think he is doing an outstanding job. he has the hardest job in the league.
Its an opinion!

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:56 am

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:51 am
He has a large forehead.
Better than a puffy neck...
Like a toad.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:22 am

I rate him highly. However, if he goes back on what he said last night he must resign. Fingers crossed he has more respect for the truth, as opposed to Gus who will say whatever he has to at any given moment.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:27 am

He is but needs help with footy sides of things.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:39 am

Pascoe needs to hold out for player and money compensation if he is to go early.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2