Justin Pascoe a good leader?

Wests Tigers Discussion
Nucky Thompson

Re: Justin Pascoe a good leader?

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:43 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:22 am
I rate him highly. However, if he goes back on what he said last night he must resign. Fingers crossed he has more respect for the truth, as opposed to Gus who will say whatever he has to at any given moment.
Pascoe come out swinging hopefully continues that way.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:53 am

Without doubt the best CEO we have had. As for Clearygate, sadly the damage is now done and Ivan’s ability to be a effective coach went out the window when he destroyed the trust he had with all stakeholders in the WestsTigers.

Pascoe’s biggest challenge is now brokering a settlement,finding a coach and holding the playing roster together

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:09 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:35 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:17 am
He's done well but let's not forget Marina Go who had some harsh words to say about Penrith on Monday night when this broke. I'd suggest a corporate stoush is not unfamiliar to her and she will become one of our great assets in this matter.
What did Go say other than 'Its my view Ivan will stay Coz he got a contract'
She’s good at saying something that means nothing.but she likes seeing her name in the media

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:52 am

supercoach wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:53 am
Without doubt the best CEO we have had. As for Clearygate, sadly the damage is now done and Ivan’s ability to be a effective coach went out the window when he destroyed the trust he had with all stakeholders in the WestsTigers.

Pascoe’s biggest challenge is now brokering a settlement,finding a coach and holding the playing roster together
The biggest issue is the settlement

Lot of quality coaches on the market

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:06 am

I’d say Pascoe’s friendship with Cleary has been severely tested. Pascoe would feel gutted and let down by his mate who was supposed to be in the trenches with him, building domething together
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:08 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:06 am
I’d say Pascoe’s friendship with Cleary has been severely tested. Pascoe would feel gutted and let down by his mate who was supposed to be in the trenches with him, building domething together
It's easy to see why that would be the case.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:13 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:09 am
innsaneink wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
He's done well but let's not forget Marina Go who had some harsh words to say about Penrith on Monday night when this broke. I'd suggest a corporate stoush is not unfamiliar to her and she will become one of our great assets in this matter.
She’s good at saying something that means nothing.but she likes seeing her name in the media
Ink -

From the SMH article today –
Tigers chair Marina Go labelled Penrith’s attempt to poach Cleary as ''pretty poor form''.
“Clearly [Penrith] need to appoint a coach and need to get him from somewhere but it’s not good form," Go said.
GC –

If she’s selling the WTs’ brand good for her.

Corporate Image – Panthers yesterday with three late middle age men all with beer guts waddling in front of the Panther’s monstrosity. That image is laughable and so outdated.

Finally, the article I read which ran concerning the NRL CEOs meeting held on women in league day. Can you believe that Marina Go and the CEO of the Gold Coast (female as well) were the only two CEOs not invited.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:14 am

I've said in other posts that I think he is one of the best CEOs not only in the NRL, but Australian Sport.

He is sought after by many other organisations.

He is the professional front man this club has always needed.

And never forget he isn't just running a club, he is running what has essentially been a rocky and unimpressive merger between two very proud foundation clubs, with agendas at every angle. No one else has succeeded in getting the organisation going in the same direction.
Last edited by Swordy on Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:16 am

I've spent some time with the guy. Top leader. Has good vision, executes and is not afraid to admit and fix mistakes. He's the main contract we need to keep going.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:17 am

Thnx paws... Didn't see that one

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:20 am

supercoach wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:53 am

And somehow providing fans with hope that our club remains on an upward path, a club that other players WILL WANT to come to, a club where we are our own masters of our destiny.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:21 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:13 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Ink -

From the SMH article today –
Tigers chair Marina Go labelled Penrith’s attempt to poach Cleary as ''pretty poor form''.
“Clearly [Penrith] need to appoint a coach and need to get him from somewhere but it’s not good form," Go said.
GC –

If she’s selling the WTs’ brand good for her.

Corporate Image – Panthers yesterday with three late middle age men all with beer guts waddling in front of the Panther’s monstrosity. That image is laughable and so outdated.

Finally, the article I read which ran concerning the NRL CEOs meeting held on women in league day. Can you believe that Marina Go and the CEO of the Gold Coast (female as well) were the only two CEOs not invited.
Neither Marina Go or Rebecca Frizell are CEO's, so what is that comment relevant to? Have I missed something?
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:28 am

I think he is very good
I sent hi an email this morning at 8.15 am on a day that would be pretty full on in Tiger Town and he replied in 4 minutes , I was shocked but very impressed
I asked basic questions on Ivan and if he did ask 'for a release his replywas simple , Ivan has NOT asked for a release and if he does we will not grant it , The club is in a strong position and we won't budge , we have done nothing wrong ,

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 10:03 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:

You know Go is responsible for attracting nearly 2m a year in corporate's in the last 3 years right...never mind

On Pascoe jury is still out for mine..speaks well but that is a CEO's job....If he gets the best outcome for Wests Tigers in all this the Yes..good leader..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 11:21 am

Don't let achievements get in the way of a good character assassination.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 11:27 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:22 am
I rate him highly. However, if he goes back on what he said last night he must resign. Fingers crossed he has more respect for the truth, as opposed to Gus who will say whatever he has to at any given moment.

Naaaahh, can't be that harsh. This always happens in professional sport; the manager says "we won't sell", and lo and behold, within 48 hours he is sold.
Pascoe HAS to take a very firm stance. We are the position of strength and as long as he continually mentions how he won't release Ivan, this will give us an even greater negotiating position. It is much harder to buy from people who don't want to sell. Only a ridiculous offer will do. And it will come. And we will release. We will have to.

It sucks.

It sucks the most because Ivan is the best coach we could get right now (Bellamy and Robinson are locked up), so when the inevitable deal happens and Ivan leaves we will be the loser.

Thus, I think the real test for Pascoe is how the TIgers will maintain some dignity and still be able recruit and improve on the field. Good luck with that!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 11:39 am

Farah's departure was ugly as was Moses'.
He's got a lot to do.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 11:49 am

lets hope that after pascoe has come out so strong on this that the club does not go to water and roll over. at the very least we need players in return to letting ivan walk with the panthers paying part of there contracts.