Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:21 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:13 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:09 am
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:35 am

What did Go say other than 'Its my view Ivan will stay Coz he got a contract'
She’s good at saying something that means nothing.but she likes seeing her name in the media
Ink -

From the SMH article today –
Tigers chair Marina Go labelled Penrith’s attempt to poach Cleary as ''pretty poor form''.
“Clearly [Penrith] need to appoint a coach and need to get him from somewhere but it’s not good form," Go said.
GC –

If she’s selling the WTs’ brand good for her.

Corporate Image – Panthers yesterday with three late middle age men all with beer guts waddling in front of the Panther’s monstrosity. That image is laughable and so outdated.

Finally, the article I read which ran concerning the NRL CEOs meeting held on women in league day. Can you believe that Marina Go and the CEO of the Gold Coast (female as well) were the only two CEOs not invited.
Neither Marina Go or Rebecca Frizell are CEO's, so what is that comment relevant to? Have I missed something?
I believe our Chair is very effective and has been on the front foot making comment about the behaviour.

It irritates me a little some believe she is the token female on the Board (that was my point). The example I provided suggests some in the NRL hold this view. Culture and behaviour must change.

I, like many others, was unaware of the sponsorship that Geo mentioned but well done.

Yes, I should have written Chair instead of CEO.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 11:58 am

swag tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:39 am
Pascoe needs to hold out for player and money compensation if he is to go early.
And it must hurt Gus forcing him to gamble on exchanging key players which lessen the impact of his wins thereby compromisising his position at Penrith if he dosent deliver. That way he may also give in and we may keep IC and gain NC.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:01 pm

He sold the board a snake, and they gave him the keys to the kingdom.

Can say what he likes, I will judge based on Ivan being forced to honour his contract or the compensation received.

If we back down him, Go and most the board should pack their desks

shifty

Post by shifty » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:04 pm

As above. How this now gets handled determines my judgement.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:33 pm

if pascoe lets ivan walk without getting some players and a whole lot of money, he needs to go as well. no wonder we have been at the bottom for so long, the other sides see us as weak and a easy push over.

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:36 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:49 am
I think he is doing an outstanding job. he has the hardest job in the league.

Bar none.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:49 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:33 pm
if pascoe lets ivan walk without getting some players and a whole lot of money, he needs to go as well. no wonder we have been at the bottom for so long, the other sides see us as weak and a easy push over.
It’s getting more worrying as more time passes. Panthers fans are suggesting Egan and Luai or Egan and Merrin/Tamou, as well as a $400,000 (which was only ever mentioned on NRL360) transfer fee is more than adequate for us. They’re clearly having a laugh.

I wouldn’t be content unless we got at least one of their top players such as JFH, Kikau or RCG in addition to Whare, DWZ or someone, which would be as likely as us landing Seibold. Also sure 2 of them have re-signed.

Just hope Justin and Marina play hardball.
Last edited by Lauren on Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:50 pm

You know what. If Ivan wants a release to Penrith, give him one. I don't want a coach like that at our club, one that doesn't even want to be here. How can Ivan be so blind, they don't want him for his coaching, they just want him to keep Nathan. If I was in Pascoe's shoes I'd be on the phone to Gus demanding Viliame Kikau and Reagan Campbell-Gillard or else no Ivan.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

barra

Post by barra » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:51 pm

So far so good... but this is his acid test.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:19 pm

barra wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:51 pm
So far so good... but this is his acid test.
x2
No more plodders!
:sign:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:25 pm

joelw2002 wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:50 pm
You know what. If Ivan wants a release to Penrith, give him one. I don't want a coach like that at our club, one that doesn't even want to be here. How can Ivan be so blind, they don't want him for his coaching, they just want him to keep Nathan. If I was in Pascoe's shoes I'd be on the phone to Gus demanding Viliame Kikau and Reagan Campbell-Gillard or else no Ivan.
Not now Gus has admitted there is no plan B if Ivan doesn’t sign. If we don’t release him, they are stuffed.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:47 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:25 pm
joelw2002 wrote:
Not now Gus has admitted there is no plan B if Ivan doesn’t sign. If we don’t release him, they are stuffed.
You believe what Gus says.... :lol: again :lol:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:21 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:13 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:09 am
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:35 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:17 am
He's done well but let's not forget Marina Go who had some harsh words to say about Penrith on Monday night when this broke. I'd suggest a corporate stoush is not unfamiliar to her and she will become one of our great assets in this matter.
What did Go say other than 'Its my view Ivan will stay Coz he got a contract'
She’s good at saying something that means nothing.but she likes seeing her name in the media
Ink -

From the SMH article today –
Tigers chair Marina Go labelled Penrith’s attempt to poach Cleary as ''pretty poor form''.
“Clearly [Penrith] need to appoint a coach and need to get him from somewhere but it’s not good form," Go said.
GC –

If she’s selling the WTs’ brand good for her.

Corporate Image – Panthers yesterday with three late middle age men all with beer guts waddling in front of the Panther’s monstrosity. That image is laughable and so outdated.

Finally, the article I read which ran concerning the NRL CEOs meeting held on women in league day. Can you believe that Marina Go and the CEO of the Gold Coast (female as well) were the only two CEOs not invited.
Justin Pascoe is the Wests Tigers CEO, Marina Go is the Chairperson.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:43 pm

Marino go is feeling positive with Cleary staying.
She mentioned that cleary said penrith approached him to coach.
This not what the toad said.
Go is sticking to hers and clubs guns.
She also said she had no interest in returning the toads calls and that they acted on an unethical manner.
I am impressed
I dislike sowfs immensely

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:43 pm

I like him and think he's done a great job to date, but agree this is his biggest test and we'll soon see how good he is.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:44 pm

Blackpearl wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:43 pm
She also said she had no interest in returning the toads calls and that they acted on an unethical manner.
I am impressed
Where did she say this?

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:45 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:47 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:25 pm
joelw2002 wrote:
You believe what Gus says.... :lol: again :lol:
If you hang off for Goulds words do yourself a favour and watch the interview with Griffin on NRL 360 tonight.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:45 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:44 pm
Blackpearl wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:43 pm
I am impressed
Where did she say this?
She was on League Life just now