Where's Ivan?

Wests Tigers Discussion
AnnandaleTiger

Re: Where's Ivan?

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:47 pm

This weeks game could go either way. It could galvanise the boys through a bit of adversity, we could also get smashed. At least a cricket score is the norm so it would be hard to say what a demoralised squad looks like... wait to see which one?

Noggon

Post by Noggon » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:18 pm

formerguest wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:40 pm
Noggon wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:25 pm
Is this too far out there....
Why not sue the crap outa Penrith, also make them pay out the remainder of his contract, and go for Bennett? We gotta get some money back because of Taylor's antics, and who better than cashed up Panthers & big note Gould? Bonus is we don't lose Brooks.
Do you think the players would be ok with Bennett?
Welcome to the forum Noggon. Your first post was nearly a year in the making :)
Thanks formerguest...nice to know someone missed me...hehehe...

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:22 pm

helmesy wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:46 pm
The whole thing is disgusting. I’ve been a Tigers fan over 30 years and I had thought I had seen it all. This completely stinks. Ivan you set a standard at the club with your statements like “on the bus”, “the star of the team is the team” and that you “love the place”, now this? We have every right to feel let down and angry. And why? To coach your son? Geez it’s hardly a life and death situation.
Ivan go Coach your son at Penrith in 2021.....!!!

Joel_Caine_Fan_82

Post by Joel_Caine_Fan_82 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:25 pm

well he can go in 2020

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:25 pm

tigerap wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:22 pm
helmesy wrote:
The whole thing is disgusting. I’ve been a Tigers fan over 30 years and I had thought I had seen it all. This completely stinks. Ivan you set a standard at the club with your statements like “on the bus”, “the star of the team is the team” and that you “love the place”, now this? We have every right to feel let down and angry. And why? To coach your son? Geez it’s hardly a life and death situation.

Or Nathan come here In 2019.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:27 pm

Joel_Caine_Fan_82 wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:25 pm
well he can go in 2020
At the end of 2020 is when his contract expires...

tonza

Post by tonza » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:31 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:47 pm
This weeks game could go either way. It could galvanise the boys through a bit of adversity, we could also get smashed. At least a cricket score is the norm so it would be hard to say what a demoralised squad looks like... wait to see which one?
I can and I must admit I am very afraid.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:33 pm

Eddie wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:49 pm
I would have had no issue with him going to Penrith after his contract is over.

I probably should wait until he speaks but if it is true he is seeking a release on compassionate grounds now it truly is laughable.

What is this Under 12s - he has to coach his son next season?

The damage looks to be done I don't think he can coach us next season. However the club should seek several million in compensation from Cleary and Penrith as well as players.

Maybe I will have to retract this but at the moment as things stand it looks like he is leaving a club and a lot of his players high and dry.
I can't see the point in getting players from Penrith as compensation. They will just be collateral damage and none of them will want to be playing with the Tigers, their hearts will still be in Penrith.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:35 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:33 pm
Eddie wrote:

I probably should wait until he speaks but if it is true he is seeking a release on compassionate grounds now it truly is laughable.

The damage looks to be done I don't think he can coach us next season. However the club should seek several million in compensation from Cleary and Penrith as well as players.

Maybe I will have to retract this but at the moment as things stand it looks like he is leaving a club and a lot of his players high and dry.
I can't see the point in getting players from Penrith as compensation. They will just be collateral damage and none of them will want to be playing with the Tigers, their hearts will still be in Penrith.
Good to see more people are realising this...
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:37 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:35 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Eddie wrote:

ummmmm..doesn't matter what they want...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

jai_donaldson

Post by jai_donaldson » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:38 pm

I'm sorry but if all the talk coming out of media circles is true and he wants out, I'd let him go however the Tigers would need be very well compensated for him to do so. Our current players aren't going to want to play for a coach who supposedly want's to jump ship.

I honestly don't see the fascination in him having to or wanting to coach his son so badly. Growing up my father was my sporting coach for many years and it put a strain on our relationship.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:39 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:37 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Eddie wrote:

That’s correct ...
they have no say in the matter .

They will be dragged into Concord kicking and screaming!
:roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:39 pm

tonza wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:31 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:47 pm
I can and I must admit I am very afraid.
Whatever happens, we don't deserve this crap! Outside influences have dragged us into it. We were just going along nicely as a galvanised team/club for the first time in years, minding our own business. I wish Penrith no success in the finals now, hope they're the first team eliminated and Gus gets the sack for ruining their season.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:41 pm

hobbo wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:39 pm
Geo. wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

That’s correct ...

Yeah that'll make for a great, unified team - happy days ahead! :roll:

Noggon

Post by Noggon » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:42 pm

tigerap wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:22 pm
helmesy wrote:
Send him packing now...
Plenty of others out there just as good, if not better

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:43 pm

Where’s Ivan .. packing Nathan’s kit bag , how many pair of undies son!

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:55 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Eddie wrote:

do you guys watch american sports?? when did Australia become so soft?? in America baseball players go from one team to another with a days notice!! which is exactly what the NRL should be so we don't have a year signings in advance and this sort of crap happening

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:19 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:41 pm
hobbo wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:39 pm
Geo. wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

That’s correct ...

Yeah that'll make for a great, unified team - happy days ahead! :roll:

Garbage!. Footballers are professionals. They will play to the best of their abilities. I can think of one who didn't.

Cronulla did ok out of a few panthers cast offs.