Where's Ivan?

Wests Tigers Discussion
The Patriot

Re: Where's Ivan?

Post by The Patriot » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:34 pm

I used to think Ivan Cleary was an intelligent man, however he has completely underestimated how much he will be hated a despised after walking out on the Bus that asked everyone to be on.

There will be no one in the history of this club who will be hated more.

Even if he thinks he can stay now and this will blow over lmao, he is a fool.
Its an opinion!

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:35 pm

Bozo97 wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:11 pm
Or ya know maybe he's been preparing the team for this weeks do or die match...
Well this revelation is going to do a lot of good isn't it- for this purported do or die match..... I'm still stunned :bash Does anyone have any loyality anymore

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:40 pm

Your spot on Chris.

I feel robbed wasted over $1,500 in flights and Season tickets this year cause I believed in the vision Ivan was bringing across , I'm trusting that Pascoe will do the right thing by our brand.....if yesterday's statement is BS ? I won't invest 1 more dollar into our Club.....What's the point.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

shifty

Post by shifty » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:48 pm

In all honesty, I feel sad for the club itself. Right when things are on it’s way up, we end up with a turncoat who stabs us in the back.

Release him, with compensation and player trades. No point holding onto a coach that doesn’t want to be here, and I don’t blame the players if we get flogged this week, why play for a man who doesn’t want to coach you..

Unless I’m totally wrong, then I’ll gladly eat humble pie.

Until then, Panthers, Gould and the Cleary’s can take a long walk off a short pier.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:05 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:19 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:41 pm
hobbo wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:39 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:37 pm

ummmmm..doesn't matter what they want...
That’s correct ...
they have no say in the matter .

They will be dragged into Concord kicking and screaming!
:roll
Yeah that'll make for a great, unified team - happy days ahead! :roll:

Garbage!. Footballers are professionals. They will play to the best of their abilities. I can think of one who didn't.

Cronulla did ok out of a few panthers cast offs.
I dunno Col, after the events of the last few days, I'm beginning to think that the players, coaches and even management are all pretty unprofessional and will do anything they can to get what they want, or they will throw their toys out of the cot! :lol:

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:07 pm

Call me old and silly but I just don’t get, Cleary has turned a rabble into a team that probably will just miss the finals but in doing so beat all the contenders and earned plenty of respect, now he throws mud in their face and says see you later, Iam out of here.

No spin doctor will ever convince me Cleary has done the right thing

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:14 pm

Eddie wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:49 pm
I would have had no issue with him going to Penrith after his contract is over.

I probably should wait until he speaks but if it is true he is seeking a release on compassionate grounds now it truly is laughable.

What is this Under 12s - he has to coach his son next season?

The damage looks to be done I don't think he can coach us next season. However the club should seek several million in compensation from Cleary and Penrith as well as players.

Maybe I will have to retract this but at the moment as things stand it looks like he is leaving a club and a lot of his players high and dry.
I think you are having yourself on if you think there’ll be millions of compensation,

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:20 pm

Have you heard Gould's latest interview? It explains his tweet earlier, that once the truth comes out Tigers fans will be apologizing to him..... He says that he has had absolutely no part in asking or planning for Ivan to return to the club and that he was told by the CEO to sack Griffin. It makes sense considering the history they have and the relationship between Ivan and Fletcher. It also alludes to the involvement that Ivan himself has had in this plan and the probability that it has been going on for some time. I wouldn't be surprised if the final twist sees Gould having to take a back seat at the Panthers as aprt of Ivan's demands.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:21 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if we have a new (interim) coach this weekend.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:24 pm

supercoach wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:07 pm
Call me old and silly but I just don’t get, Cleary has turned a rabble into a team that probably will just miss the finals but in doing so beat all the contenders and earned plenty of respect, now he throws mud in their face and says see you later, Iam out of here.

No spin doctor will ever convince me Cleary has done the right thing
Adding to that, he's going back to a club and a guy that booted him out and they don't strictly want him for him, they want to keep his son.

It makes no sense.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:51 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:35 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:33 pm
Eddie wrote:

I probably should wait until he speaks but if it is true he is seeking a release on compassionate grounds now it truly is laughable.

The damage looks to be done I don't think he can coach us next season. However the club should seek several million in compensation from Cleary and Penrith as well as players.

Maybe I will have to retract this but at the moment as things stand it looks like he is leaving a club and a lot of his players high and dry.
I can't see the point in getting players from Penrith as compensation. They will just be collateral damage and none of them will want to be playing with the Tigers, their hearts will still be in Penrith.
Good to see more people are realising this...
Yet the last time a few were punted from Penrith, there was no problem and the departing players performed, with two of them continuing as SOO and national representatives and funnily enough, another is returning to Penrith next year. Wouldn't it also be the same incoming coach that is causing the upheaval upon arrival.

If WT are able to broaden the potential signing base to include a talented group, which otherwise wouldn't be available, well, it has to be a good thing and likely that some players would not be happy about losing Griffin either. That all this is being done to keep one player is also likely to not sit well with some others.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:53 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:34 pm
I used to think Ivan Cleary was an intelligent man, however he has completely underestimated how much he will be hated a despised after walking out on the Bus that asked everyone to be on.

There will be no one in the history of this club who will be hated more.

Even if he thinks he can stay now and this will blow over lmao, he is a fool.
Should have been as obvious as his son's chin.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:58 pm

formerguest wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:51 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Eddie wrote:

I can't see the point in getting players from Penrith as compensation. They will just be collateral damage and none of them will want to be playing with the Tigers, their hearts will still be in Penrith.
Yet the last time a few were punted from Penrith, there was no problem and the departing players performed, with two of them continuing as SOO and national representatives and funnily enough, another is returning to Penrith next year. Wouldn't it also be the same incoming coach that is causing the upheaval upon arrival.

If WT are able to broaden the potential signing base to include a talented group, which otherwise wouldn't be available, well, it has to be a good thing and likely that some players would not be happy about losing Griffin either. That all this is being done to keep one player is also likely to not sit well with some others.
That's because Penrith didn't want them. They'll be giving up players they probably want to keep this time and being forced to move them on undrr duress. Big difference.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

MissMe911

Post by MissMe911 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:41 pm
Noggon wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:25 pm
Is this too far out there....
Why not sue the crap outa Penrith, also make them pay out the remainder of his contract, and go for Bennett? We gotta get some money back because of Taylor's antics, and who better than cashed up Panthers & big note Gould? Bonus is we don't lose Brooks.
Do you think the players would be ok with Bennett?
I would say yes to this as Benji played under him last year and loves it.. He would put in a special mention to the players..

This whole this is just a joke.... Does anyone actually know if we have a game this week that we need to win to stay alive in this years comp... well done IC on ruining this year as well now.
Bennett came and did a motivational speech at my work one day last year and people still talk about it.
Hes not as grumpy as he looks on tv and was apparently very funny.
I wasnt working here when he came but he sounds very likable

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:33 pm

We may get a few bucks but I very much doubt we would get any players that are worth anything.

A few plodders maybe - that would be about it.

They will not release any players they want to keep. Bet on it.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:34 pm

Where’s Ivan ??

Probably playing LEGO with Nathan !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:34 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:33 pm
We may get a few bucks but I very much doubt we would get any players that are worth anything.

A few plodders maybe - that would be about it.

They will not release any players they want to keep. Bet on it.
If players are apart of the deal, and we don’t get any that are worth having, why give up Cleary then?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:39 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:58 pm
formerguest wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:51 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

That's because Penrith didn't want them. They'll be giving up players they probably want to keep this time and being forced to move them on undrr duress. Big difference.
The duress is being created by the actions of Penrith and they will be the players seen by that same club, their club, as the expendable ones to reach it's objective. The duress level will be very similar, if not the same for the individual players.