Ivan Cleary addresses players as Wests Tigers discuss compensation option

Wests Tigers Discussion
tigeress

Re: Ivan Cleary addresses players as Wests Tigers discuss compensation option

Post by tigeress » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:16 pm

magpiesteve wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:09 pm
He lives with him & can coach him in two years if he wants but right now he is busy rebuilding our team. How close does he need to be with his son. It is ridiculous & a day of disgrace for Gould & Cleary. Their selfishness has derailed two teams chances for 2018. Nothing to do with a tough family decision compassion etc Ivan what about your team & the rest of us on your bus. You have just driven us all over a cliff.
Well said :righton:

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:22 pm

I wonder if Cleary gave one second thought to all the people who make up our club when he decided he wants off the bus that he drove.

I just hope in twenty years time when he is older and greyer that he realises what a selfish act he did

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:26 pm

I'm perplexed that Ivan believes he has a tough decision to make! I understood Pascoe had advised that he would not be granted a release if he sought one so his option is stay and coach?

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:26 pm

razor7 wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:15 pm
I feel sorry for the club, the fans and the players. Finally we had a season of stability in terms of the way the club was being run, a vastly improved on field performance and the confidence of the fans returning. Now all this has been derailed, regardless of how it plays out.
There's definitely a sour taste that Ivan will have to remove from our mouths if he stays.
Some carefully chosen words.
But time does wonders.

I'm not sure what it'll do to his reputation long term with every NRL fan if he pulls the bus over now and jumps in his sons convertible and cherps out giving us the finger.

And I don't think the feel good father son reason will be enough to excuse the deed.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:27 pm

Tigerdave wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:31 pm
Tough family decision??? Please, you live under the same roof, it's not like you're in different countries....

What a joke.
Must be tough living in their mansion

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 10:31 pm

razor7 wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:15 pm
I feel sorry for the club, the fans and the players. Finally we had a season of stability in terms of the way the club was being run, a vastly improved on field performance and the confidence of the fans returning. Now all this has been derailed, regardless of how it plays out.
This is exactly how I feel. The saddest part is that I don’t think the club has done anything wrong, they’ve just been screwed by others
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 10:42 pm

For me, Ivan has to go. The damage has been done and the trust has been broken.
How can he recruit a player and give a three year plan when he could jump ship at any time.
Tigers now must use their position of power a broker a mother of a settlement and screw Penrith and move on.

Call me mad, but I like the idea of Griffin taking over, motivation will not be a problem and one things for certain we don’t have a mega manic like Gould trying to micro manage everyone on the payroll

on the hill

Post by on the hill » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 10:43 pm

I wonder how much of the NRL story is fake. Go seems to think a lot of it is. Some of the journos may really be the pathetic ones in all of this.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 10:45 pm

Didnt Go say tonight this never happened?

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 10:47 pm

Not sure what to believe in all of this any more. From what I've read on here and social media.. This didn't happen according to Go.
No more plodders!
:sign:

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 10:51 pm

supercoach wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 10:42 pm
How can he recruit a player and give a three year plan when he could jump ship at any time.
Tigers now must use their position of power a broker a mother of a settlement and screw Penrith and move on.

Call me mad, but I like the idea of Griffin taking over, motivation will not be a problem and one things for certain we don’t have a mega manic like Gould trying to micro manage everyone on the payroll
You know I have never paid much attention to Hook but I was so impressed with the way he handled an hour of questions especially on rebuild and some of the tech stuff he mentioned ...not talking a swap here but he is a coach we should seriously consider when Cleary leaves to continue changing his son’s nappies

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 11:42 pm

snowleopard wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 10:51 pm
supercoach wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 10:42 pm

You know I have never paid much attention to Hook but I was so impressed with the way he handled an hour of questions especially on rebuild and some of the tech stuff he mentioned ...not talking a swap here but he is a coach we should seriously consider when Cleary leaves to continue changing his son’s nappies
Well if that were to happen and we were to be compensated with Penritn players, the truth about him losing the dressing room would come out. Interesting to see how many would be willing to play under him again.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 11:54 pm

Well the other alternative is that we don't budge and Nathan comes to play with his father at the WT on an extended deal.
Don't really hear Nathan very committed at Penrith either past this year.

Gus may looses big time and the big winners will be the Cleary family budget.