Marina Go on League Life

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1152
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Marina Go on League Life

Post by old man tiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 6:49 am

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 11:24 pm
jai_donaldson wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 4:45 pm
izotope wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 11:11 am
Whats the go with that melonhead hannah hollis saying how is panthers trying to poach Ivan any different from us ending the contracts of potter/jason taylor?

Am i the only one who thinks its completely different situations?
The difference is their results were terrible, recruitment terrible, retention terrible, created rifts within the playing group and most importantly they were both paid out. 100% agree with you both cases very different to current situation.
The main difference is that our club did not try to influence another clubs coach to break a contract. They advertised for one.
And Hollis must not realise that when you have a coach and you give them full control, they set the tone of your on field operations more than anyone else. You can choose as a board that it is the wrong direction and punt them based on results and that is one thing, but for them to commit your club to a 3 year plan, get one year in (leaving your roster etc... shaky) say they "love the organisation" and entertain offers is another thing entirely,

And please, to compare losing a player to a coach is like comparing a waiter to a head chef (exceptions being your Cameron Smiths of the world).


Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 7:46 am

old man tiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 6:49 am
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 11:24 pm
jai_donaldson wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 4:45 pm
izotope wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 11:11 am
Whats the go with that melonhead hannah hollis saying how is panthers trying to poach Ivan any different from us ending the contracts of potter/jason taylor?

Am i the only one who thinks its completely different situations?
The difference is their results were terrible, recruitment terrible, retention terrible, created rifts within the playing group and most importantly they were both paid out. 100% agree with you both cases very different to current situation.
The main difference is that our club did not try to influence another clubs coach to break a contract. They advertised for one.
And Hollis must not realise that when you have a coach and you give them full control, they set the tone of your on field operations more than anyone else. You can choose as a board that it is the wrong direction and punt them based on results and that is one thing, but for them to commit your club to a 3 year plan, get one year in (leaving your roster etc... shaky) say they "love the organisation" and entertain offers is another thing entirely,

And please, to compare losing a player to a coach is like comparing a waiter to a head chef (exceptions being your Cameron Smiths of the world).
Totally agree

Allowing coaches to be head hunted and break contracts are very murky waters indeed given a coach inherent duty of care to club and players. Especially in ivan position where he is wanted and given full authority to do what he wants and build a club.

For a larger club to come in a take him is very damaging to the club, players and fans.

Allowing clubs to sack coaches and break contracts?

The same duty of care comes into play but looking at jason taylor situation it was clear he was not right for the club and he received a payout. I think for clubs sacking coaches the NRL should at least say no sackings until end of season. Give them that right.

Ivan is brutal comes in start of season to replace taylor then leaves to go back to his ex club a season and half later to replace their coach is a board room gangster move at it's best. Shows what type of bloke he is.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:29 am

old man tiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 6:49 am
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 11:24 pm
jai_donaldson wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 4:45 pm
izotope wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 11:11 am
Whats the go with that melonhead hannah hollis saying how is panthers trying to poach Ivan any different from us ending the contracts of potter/jason taylor?

Am i the only one who thinks its completely different situations?
The difference is their results were terrible, recruitment terrible, retention terrible, created rifts within the playing group and most importantly they were both paid out. 100% agree with you both cases very different to current situation.
The main difference is that our club did not try to influence another clubs coach to break a contract. They advertised for one.
And Hollis must not realise that when you have a coach and you give them full control, they set the tone of your on field operations more than anyone else. You can choose as a board that it is the wrong direction and punt them based on results and that is one thing, but for them to commit your club to a 3 year plan, get one year in (leaving your roster etc... shaky) say they "love the organisation" and entertain offers is another thing entirely,

And please, to compare losing a player to a coach is like comparing a waiter to a head chef (exceptions being your Cameron Smiths of the world).
Well said OMT - agree with your comments.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7920
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:39 am

Anyone else find her strangely attractive?
Would wife / 10
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

pdenny77
Member
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by pdenny77 » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:00 am

Demps wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:39 am
Anyone else find her strangely attractive?
Would wife / 10
Powerful women are very attractive. She can chair my board any time.


User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5721
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:30 am

pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:00 am
Demps wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:39 am
Anyone else find her strangely attractive?
Would wife / 10
Powerful women are very attractive. She can chair my board any time.
Oh please.

I don't know if people know this, but Marina is half Chinese and half Caucasian Aussie. Her Dad didn't originally know his biological parents because he was traded to another family when he was in China. Literally, he was lost in a bet to a family that wanted a son because they only had daughters.

The Gos copped a lot of abuse at the beginning because mixed-race families were unusual when Marina was young.

Read about it on SBS.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28983
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:38 am

This just got weird..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1875
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 12:16 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:30 am
pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:00 am
Demps wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:39 am
Anyone else find her strangely attractive?
Would wife / 10
Powerful women are very attractive. She can chair my board any time.
Oh please.

I don't know if people know this, but Marina is half Chinese and half Caucasian Aussie. Her Dad didn't originally know his biological parents because he was traded to another family when he was in China. Literally, he was lost in a bet to a family that wanted a son because they only had daughters.

The Gos copped a lot of abuse at the beginning because mixed-race families were unusual when Marina was young.

Read about it on SBS.
It was tough during the 30s, 40s and Chinese Revolution period in China. It was common for families to leave their daughters in the fields. WWII with the Japanese made it even worse . They used to trade North Korean daughters for bags of rice

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28459
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 12:54 pm

Clarence Go is on one of the. WTs Facebook page

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2056
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:23 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:38 am
This just got weird..
.....er

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3259
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:29 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:38 am
This just got weird..
Indeed :?
No more plodders!
:sign:

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2869
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:38 am
This just got weird..
chair my board??
"Quality Stupidity"

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9785
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:46 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:38 am
This just got weird..
:lol:

Demps needs to get out more :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9785
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:50 pm

Demps wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:39 am
Anyone else find her strangely attractive?
Would wife / 10
I’d have thought Raelene Castle would've been more your type !
:D
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40132
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:57 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:46 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:38 am
This just got weird..
:lol:

Demps needs to get out more :lol:
Demps and BBF can change the direction of a thread like no one else

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9785
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:00 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:57 pm
hobbo wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:46 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:38 am
This just got weird..
:lol:

Demps needs to get out more :lol:
Demps and BBF can change the direction of a thread like no one else
Milfs or bongs ...take your pick :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7920
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:50 pm
Demps wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:39 am
Anyone else find her strangely attractive?
Would wife / 10
I’d have thought Raelene Castle would've been more your type !
:D
No thanks.
Maybe time for a legends forum thread about the glamour 😉
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7920
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:57 pm
hobbo wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:46 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:38 am
This just got weird..
:lol:

Demps needs to get out more :lol:
Demps and BBF can change the direction of a thread like no one else
Your welcome boss.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Post Reply