Cleary reunion can only happen at Concord, says Tigers chair

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tiger_Fan18

Cleary reunion can only happen at Concord, says Tigers chair

Post by Tiger_Fan18 » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:51 am

Wests Tigers chair Marina Go is adamant that her club is the only place a Cleary family reunion can take place within the next two years, putting the onus back on the Panthers to honour their promise to release their gun halfback if he wants to be coached by his father.

The declaration came as Ivan Cleary’s former teammate and brother-in-law Josh Stuart predicted the coach wouldn’t return to Penrith while Phil Gould remained in charge of the club. The Panthers have attempted to prise Cleary snr from the Tigers despite the fact he has two years remaining on his contract. He has made no secret of his desire to coach his son, Nathan, who has a year to run on his Panthers contract.

Gould has publicly stated he has no intention of standing in the way of the pair fulfilling their ambition of working together, leading many to believe the Clearys could reunite at the Tigers. However, the sacking of Panthers coach Anthony Griffin - and the pursuit of Ivan Cleary as his replacement - has the potential to make that happen at the foot of the mountains.

The Tigers have reiterated their position that Ivan Cleary is going nowhere before his contract expires, with Go stating the joint-venture outfit is the only place they can work together during that period. If the Panthers are keen to reunite the coach and son, the only place that could happen over the next two years is at our club,” Go told Fairfax Media.
In an interview on NRL360, Griffin painted a picture of Gould as a domineering figure who undermined his attempts to coach the team.
While Go wouldn’t comment on another club’s affairs, she said the Tigers provided Cleary with full autonomy when it came to coaching philosophy and recruitment - including if he wanted to sign his son.

“We have a culture where our coach is empowered to build the list he believes will get us to the grand final,” Go said. We acknowledge that at times we do it a little bit differently at our club. We’ve been building something very strong and that’s because we’ve basically said ‘here is the salary cap, you need to be compliant, but otherwise it’s up to you’.

The Panthers feel they are close to securing the services of Nathan Cleary on an extended deal, a move that would thwart the Tigers’ hopes of having the star duo on their books. Whether Cleary snr would ask for a release to join him remains to be seen but Stuart, his brother-in-law, believes that won’t happen while Gould - who sacked Cleary three years ago - runs the Panthers.

“I couldn’t see Ivan going back there while Gus is there,” Stuart said.

:sign: :sign:

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:04 am

The good old brother in law knows all

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:12 am

What a big draining waste of time all this has been.

Gould, great job making yourself more hated ya fat headed dropped pie toad face parasite dog!

Square up with me any time. Charity boxing match. I'm the voice of the people and you're just some slob that's pushed your gronk head in the media a year too long with ya gold rings and bracelets looking like a wannabe reject shop mobster... See me with the hands.

Respond.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:17 am

LMAO Demps. Laying in bed laughing at this.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:22 am

Demps wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:12 am

Gould, great job making yourself more hated ya fat headed dropped pie toad face parasite dog!

Square up with me any time. Charity boxing match. I'm the voice of the people and you're just some slob that's pushed your gronk head in the media a year too long with ya gold rings and bracelets looking like a wannabe reject shop mobster... See me with the hands.

Respond.
Im in your corner man...brilliant. .Gus be gone inside 60 seconds..lol
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:24 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:22 am
Demps wrote:

Respond.
Corner Man Geo eh.
Give me a back rub in between rounds eh... Sure youd like that.
But lucky for u it wouldn't make it out of the first with red boy Ronald McGould having a heart attack after I bounce his head off the canvas.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:29 am

Demps wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:24 am
Geo. wrote:
Demps wrote:

Respond.
Corner Man Geo eh.
But lucky for u it wouldn't make it out of the first with red boy Ronald McGould having a heart attack after I bounce his head off the canvas.
I'll even bring the special oils. ..to celebrate....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:30 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:29 am
Demps wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Demps wrote:

Respond.
Corner Man Geo eh.
😂 And some print outs of Emma Lawrence plz
#Unbeatable

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks for the chuckles this morning Demps... LOL
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:37 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:34 am
Thanks for the chuckles this morning Demps... LOL
My pleasure. 😂
Xoxo
#Unbeatable

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:14 am

Demps wrote:

Respond.
Mate next time don’t hold back!!

With you 100%. He’s a flog and the best part of this saga is now more people know he’s a flog
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:28 am

th-3.jpg
th-3.jpg (42.52 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
Is that you in the white shorts Demps

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:35 am

:roll
Demps wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:30 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:29 am
Demps wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Corner Man Geo eh.
😂 And some print outs of Emma Lawrence plz
:roll x100000000

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:15 am

Demps wrote:

Respond.
Ha ha! You never know, the puffer fish might just throw them like Butterbean! Doubt it though, smash the dog.

Tonymontana

Post by Tonymontana » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:56 am

Demps wrote:

Respond.
Love this lol. You'll have a lot of Tigers in your corner!
:sign:

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 7:25 pm

I feel like our chances of getting Nathan have really improved recently.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 7:31 pm

Think we'd be better throwing a stack at Lachlan Lewis myself.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 7:47 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 7:31 pm
Think we'd be better throwing a stack at Lachlan Lewis myself.
What a player

Probably lucky to get an opportunity but took it with both hands

Just like Taupau when he got his opportunity at the tiger's

Wonder how many gems are running around in the lower grades just waiting for an opportunity