Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Cleary vs Paul Crawley

Post by jadtiger » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:25 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:04 am
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:50 pm
Perhaps a bit of denial from the faithful.
I think it;s just... the Tele boys are sticking solid pushing their agenda, surprised others dont see this.
I am sure most supporters see it.Some supporters will always want to believe the worst however.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:59 am

Geo. wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
I think it;s just... the Tele boys are sticking solid pushing their agenda, surprised others dont see this.

Haha nice quote. Its true, but i have a little side bet on a few of our guys having their heads in the sand.

The truth is always in the middle.
Last edited by The Patriot on Tue 14 Aug, 2018 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its an opinion!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 9:03 am

And Gus will push his agenda as well Geo ......

As bad if not worse than the DT blokes

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 9:07 am

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:59 am
Geo. wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Haha nice quote. Its true, but i have a little side bet on a few of our guys having their heads in the sand.

The truth is always in the middle.
So you might win a guessing game.

How thrilling. :|

Tiger2135

Post by Tiger2135 » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:23 am

The Tele journos are angry that IC won't answer their questions, and inferring that he doesn't want to answer because he will have to say something that makes him look bad.

But what if he is totally innocent and has been verballed by Gould and his henchmen.

Then if IC comes out and answers truthfully, he would be starting WWIII with Gus, his son's boss for the next 18mths(at least).

He might just be trying to protect his son.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:30 am

Furious1 wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:25 am
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:47 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:42 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:39 pm
So the exchange was just on NRL360 now. Not a huge amount in it.

Lots of chat as about it now.

According to Buzz Gould went to Wayne Beavis last Monday and said Griffin is out and is to be replaced by Cleary.
So do we believe Gus? If so, then it would only be due diligence to sound out the potential replacement and get a positive response first before crowing about it.
I think it's too hard to say. There may also be a wide difference between what some people assumed or thought took place and what happened in reality.

O'Neill maybe thinks Cleary agreed to something that he didn't actually agree to. O'Neill repeats same to Gould. Gould flaps his gums to his many contacts. And so it goes.
O'Neill still thinks that. Telling people close to him that IC doing it tough at the moment but will be well worth it.
Ivan Cleary certainly looks like he's doing it a bit tough at the moment and he and O'Neil are said to be mates so to me that reduces the chance of a misunderstanding... I just hope that when he leaves us, and if it is to another team, we make sure it occurs at a time when it's in our best interest and not theirs.

My concern is if they be cooling their heels to try for a release in the off season when the spotlight has moved off the NRL. I would much rather we force Penrith to sign a different coach at least for the next couple of years.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:35 am

Tiger2135 wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:23 am
The Tele journos are angry that IC won't answer their questions, and inferring that he doesn't want to answer because he will have to say something that makes him look bad.

But what if he is totally innocent and has been verballed by Gould and his henchmen.

Then if IC comes out and answers truthfully, he would be starting WWIII with Gus, his son's boss for the next 18mths(at least).

Protect him from what? Will Gus have him dropped, or pull their contract offer? Nathan is worth more to the Panthers than Gus is.

Tiger2135

Post by Tiger2135 » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:55 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:35 am
Tiger2135 wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:23 am

Protect him from what? Will Gus have him dropped, or pull their contract offer? Nathan is worth more to the Panthers than Gus is.
Unnecessary stress

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 11:33 am

I think Crawley is usually on 360 tonight as a regular panellist so would be interesting if they show the bits cut out by the NRL on the after match press conference. He no doubt will be chucking in his 2 cents worth on the show, i dont think this drama is going away until like others have said something decisive happens like Cleary extending or NC re signing at the Panthers.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:03 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 11:33 am
I think Crawley is usually on 360 tonight as a regular panellist so would be interesting if they show the bits cut out by the NRL on the after match press conference. He no doubt will be chucking in his 2 cents worth on the show, i dont think this drama is going away until like others have said something decisive happens like Cleary extending or NC re signing at the Panthers.
If the Pufferfish is on 360 tonight he will be on the blub and close to tears with Kent in particular laying the boots into Cleary. Parasitic journo's at their worst who change bias depending on whoever will give them unrestricted access to all the gossip in and around the NRL. These blokes are nowhere near talented enough to produce a worthwhile piece of their own so instead they feed out of the NRL rubbish bin in the hope a few pathetic tid-bits of gossip and sensationalism will keep them in a job "reporting" on the game.

Having said that there is a definite smell around how long it took for Ivan to knock these reports on the head. IMO he isn't telling anything like the full story.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:21 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:03 pm
The_Doc wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 11:33 am
If the Pufferfish is on 360 tonight he will be on the blub and close to tears with Kent in particular laying the boots into Cleary. Parasitic journo's at their worst who change bias depending on whoever will give them unrestricted access to all the gossip in and around the NRL. These blokes are nowhere near talented enough to produce a worthwhile piece of their own so instead they feed out of the NRL rubbish bin in the hope a few pathetic tid-bits of gossip and sensationalism will keep them in a job "reporting" on the game.

Having said that there is a definite smell around how long it took for Ivan to knock these reports on the head. IMO he isn't telling anything like the full story.
It'll be 'on' for sure tonight. Kent was looking all smug last night and that was without Crawley sitting across the table fuelling the fire.

Who knows, if Crawley's beef gets to him, he may offer some more substantial info than we've been getting as to why they are so sure Ivan was gone or will be gone at season end...

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:24 pm

No doubt they will have a “scoop” to disclose as well.....

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 2:13 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:24 pm
They always have a scoop ....
To pick up the s..t they are pedalling
I dislike sowfs immensely

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 5:34 pm

Blackpearl wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 2:13 pm
Mighty Tiger wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:24 pm
They always have a scoop ....
To pick up the s..t they are pedalling
A genuine ridgey didge Hooper-Scooper.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:45 pm

They allowed Creepy to have a free kick at Ivan NRL 360 tonight, cheered on by his mate Kent. A bigger pair of buffoons I have yet to see. Write stories full of misinformation and then ask your target to comment. I applaud Ivan for not giving them any oxygen; they've stolen enough of that already.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:58 pm

they are still very confident Ivan will leave....
Are we genuinely any chance of signing Nathan?

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 11:03 pm

The boofhead who started all this crap, Gould, seems to be getting off scott free.

Go figure.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 11:26 pm

mtd wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:58 pm
they are still very confident Ivan will leave....
Are we genuinely any chance of signing Nathan?
It all depends not on the WT,, but if NC is prepared to leave Penrith