Craig Bellamy comments

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tiger Steve

Craig Bellamy comments

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 6:28 pm

Love him or hate him, the recent comments by Bellamy show why he has turned Melbourne into a juggernaut.
I’d love to have a coach that committed long term to the Tigers and did EVERYTHING to ensure our club succeeds.

I thought Cleary might be that man. I’m still hoping that will be the case but I’m not 100% convinced.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 6:33 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 6:28 pm
Love him or hate him, the recent comments by Bellamy show why he has turned Melbourne into a juggernaut.
I’d love to have a coach that committed long term to the Tigers and did EVERYTHING to ensure our club succeeds.

I thought Cleary might be that man. I’m still hoping that will be the case but I’m not 100% convinced.
Agreed, I was hoping same

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 6:50 am

Id be staying too if I was getting paid 1.5 million a season

Great coach and yes wish we had stability in our coach like the Storm does with Bellamy

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 8:38 am

Tiger Steve wrote:

How could Cleary be that man when the club only offered him a contract to 2020 ? I agree with others that it's too early to offering him an extension. Let's see how develops the team over the next season before we start talking about Cleary long-term.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 9:07 am

What were Bellamy's recent comments?

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 10:19 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 9:07 am
X2 (is it a secret?)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 10:24 am

What he say...building a solid foundation requires 2 contracts...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:28 am

Perhaps something along the lines of "teams are best assembled outside the laws of the game......grubby tactics are the way forward in our game and if blokes get left in wheelchairs because of it then so be it"......blah blah blah.
Agree with his comment that leadership at the top of the NRL is utterly useless. But coming from a bloke who's tactics/techniques have single-handedly been the biggest blight on our sport in the last 10 or so years i think he should best crawl back to the hole that he's come out of.
Ironic how he utters the words "to be honest" after many sentences he manages to dribble out.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:28 am

It’s on the NRL website. I don’t know how to link it across to the forum.
He said basically that coaches need to show more loyalty to clubs, fans and players. That coaches need to commit long term to clubs to enable stability and effective planning

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:32 am

fibrodreaming wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 8:38 am
Tiger Steve wrote:

How could Cleary be that man when the club only offered him a contract to 2020 ? I agree with others that it's too early to offering him an extension. Let's see how develops the team over the next season before we start talking about Cleary long-term.
I want us to have a coach that commits to the club long term. Someone who changes our culture, working well with CEO and board. Someone who turns us into a force and can attract good players. Someone who builds and grows our club. It is my hope that Cleary can be that coach. I think he has the right skills and values. Time will tell

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:42 am

Russell wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 10:19 am
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 9:07 am
X2 (is it a secret?)
Bellamy's Bunker ??

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:56 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:32 am
fibrodreaming wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

I want us to have a coach that commits to the club long term. Someone who changes our culture, working well with CEO and board. Someone who turns us into a force and can attract good players. Someone who builds and grows our club. It is my hope that Cleary can be that coach. I think he has the right skills and values. Time will tell
I hope so too. The early signs are promising.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:06 pm

They should make him an immortal. Best coach I have seen imo. He seems to be able to turn nobody's into somebody's. That is a skill most coaches don't possess.

And it's not the Alsakan beer talking I don't think :)

pdenny77

Post by pdenny77 » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:14 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:28 am
Perhaps something along the lines of "teams are best assembled outside the laws of the game......grubby tactics are the way forward in our game and if blokes get left in wheelchairs because of it then so be it"......blah blah blah.
Agree with his comment that leadership at the top of the NRL is utterly useless. But coming from a bloke who's tactics/techniques have single-handedly been the biggest blight on our sport in the last 10 or so years i think he should best crawl back to the hole that he's come out of.
Ironic how he utters the words "to be honest" after many sentences he manages to dribble out.
X2.
In my opinion his team are still benefiting from their previous salary cap cheating. Don't even start me on Queensland's era or dominance that was built on the back the Storm's club combinations that were illegally put together/maintained. Another thread perhaps.......
Point is, if you add the wrestling into the mix then this bloke shouldn't be held in high regard at all.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:54 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
well summed up and spot on in my view....the game went downhill the day he started his coaching career....Him leading the team out from the tunnel in a defiant manner and in continual denial when they were caught cheating the cap made me spew....

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 2:48 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:32 am
fibrodreaming wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

Well we did have one of those once. Got us a premiership and a couple of good seasons a few years later, then lost the plot thereafter.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 3:35 pm

Was it along the lines of if you bend the rules enough, the rules will change?

This only works if you a a one town team where the NRL is desperate to keep fans engaged. The rest of the teams are merely cannon fodder

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 3:42 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Ditto...And take his mate Cammy with him