Looking forward 2019

Wests Tigers Discussion
gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5345
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Looking forward 2019

Post by gallagher » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 11:39 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:54 am
It was Zoe Marshal who wanted Benji to make 300 games - blame the game for injuring players. Hopefully Benji will only need to play a few games so he remains strong. I don't think the veterans are keeping stronger player off the bench - we don't possess such players.
Im sure the 300 club wss a big lure for them going around again. Possibly for the club aswell.


Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 11:41 am

TYGA wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 11:26 pm
To make the 8 and challenge we need the following to happen:

Reynolds fit for the entire year, Brooks to extend his deal early, Liddle to break out like Cook, sign a prop, centre, edge forward of rep standard.

It’s possible but we need a big offseason.
We need a lot to go right and that isn't including the stuff that could go wrong.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4830
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 12:28 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 11:39 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:54 am
It was Zoe Marshal who wanted Benji to make 300 games - blame the game for injuring players. Hopefully Benji will only need to play a few games so he remains strong. I don't think the veterans are keeping stronger player off the bench - we don't possess such players.
Im sure the 300 club wss a big lure for them going around again. Possibly for the club aswell.
Was Sutton South's first 300 game player - that is after 110 years? In SMH article Saturday Marshall stated he was financially worse off by playing another season - don't know why? Was Zoe, Cleary and Farah who sewed him up. With Farah being stern-faced for being benched has a plus in that he is still as keen as mustard though a veteran. Better attitude than many in Eels' team the other night. Life is not perfect.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 4:03 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 12:28 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 11:39 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:54 am
It was Zoe Marshal who wanted Benji to make 300 games - blame the game for injuring players. Hopefully Benji will only need to play a few games so he remains strong. I don't think the veterans are keeping stronger player off the bench - we don't possess such players.
Im sure the 300 club wss a big lure for them going around again. Possibly for the club aswell.
Was Sutton South's first 300 game player - that is after 110 years? In SMH article Saturday Marshall stated he was financially worse off by playing another season - don't know why? Was Zoe, Cleary and Farah who sewed him up. With Farah being stern-faced for being benched has a plus in that he is still as keen as mustard though a veteran. Better attitude than many in Eels' team the other night. Life is not perfect.
Benji makes more full time in the media. They all do. I look after a few in the media from a work perspective the money Fox, MMM,Channel 9 Pay is unbelievable.
Its more than everyone in the game excluding the top tier players like Slater, Smith,Thurston etc.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5345
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 4:59 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 4:03 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 12:28 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 11:39 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:54 am
It was Zoe Marshal who wanted Benji to make 300 games - blame the game for injuring players. Hopefully Benji will only need to play a few games so he remains strong. I don't think the veterans are keeping stronger player off the bench - we don't possess such players.
Im sure the 300 club wss a big lure for them going around again. Possibly for the club aswell.
Was Sutton South's first 300 game player - that is after 110 years? In SMH article Saturday Marshall stated he was financially worse off by playing another season - don't know why? Was Zoe, Cleary and Farah who sewed him up. With Farah being stern-faced for being benched has a plus in that he is still as keen as mustard though a veteran. Better attitude than many in Eels' team the other night. Life is not perfect.
Benji makes more full time in the media. They all do. I look after a few in the media from a work perspective the money Fox, MMM,Channel 9 Pay is unbelievable.
Its more than everyone in the game excluding the top tier players like Slater, Smith,Thurston etc.
Roughly what would someone like a Parker/Hodges/gasnier earn from Fox?


TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 6:44 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 4:59 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 4:03 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 12:28 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 11:39 am


Im sure the 300 club wss a big lure for them going around again. Possibly for the club aswell.
Was Sutton South's first 300 game player - that is after 110 years? In SMH article Saturday Marshall stated he was financially worse off by playing another season - don't know why? Was Zoe, Cleary and Farah who sewed him up. With Farah being stern-faced for being benched has a plus in that he is still as keen as mustard though a veteran. Better attitude than many in Eels' team the other night. Life is not perfect.
Benji makes more full time in the media. They all do. I look after a few in the media from a work perspective the money Fox, MMM,Channel 9 Pay is unbelievable.
Its more than everyone in the game excluding the top tier players like Slater, Smith,Thurston etc.
Roughly what would someone like a Parker/Hodges/gasnier earn from Fox?
Full time hosts are on 7 figures and part timers would be getting close to 400k.
A lot of ex players NRL, AFL do multiple radio/ TV, ambasodor roles etc.

Benji as a full time host on 9 and a part time role here and there would be up there. I’d guess he’s be earning 700k easily with his profile.

Newspaper writers are on 🥜 compared to TV even the big names are 200-300k.
That’s why they jump on TV shows where they can. Especially if they have a gambling habit.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5345
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 8:42 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 6:44 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 4:59 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 4:03 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 12:28 pm


Was Sutton South's first 300 game player - that is after 110 years? In SMH article Saturday Marshall stated he was financially worse off by playing another season - don't know why? Was Zoe, Cleary and Farah who sewed him up. With Farah being stern-faced for being benched has a plus in that he is still as keen as mustard though a veteran. Better attitude than many in Eels' team the other night. Life is not perfect.
Benji makes more full time in the media. They all do. I look after a few in the media from a work perspective the money Fox, MMM,Channel 9 Pay is unbelievable.
Its more than everyone in the game excluding the top tier players like Slater, Smith,Thurston etc.
Roughly what would someone like a Parker/Hodges/gasnier earn from Fox?
Full time hosts are on 7 figures and part timers would be getting close to 400k.
A lot of ex players NRL, AFL do multiple radio/ TV, ambasodor roles etc.

Benji as a full time host on 9 and a part time role here and there would be up there. I’d guess he’s be earning 700k easily with his profile.

Newspaper writers are on 🥜 compared to TV even the big names are 200-300k.
That’s why they jump on TV shows where they can. Especially if they have a gambling habit.
Holy crap. So much money in sport.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 8:51 pm

Wow. Imagine how much Matty Johns would be on! Daily radio show plus 2 tv shows
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10102
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 8:58 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 8:42 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 6:44 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 4:59 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 4:03 pm


Benji makes more full time in the media. They all do. I look after a few in the media from a work perspective the money Fox, MMM,Channel 9 Pay is unbelievable.
Its more than everyone in the game excluding the top tier players like Slater, Smith,Thurston etc.
Roughly what would someone like a Parker/Hodges/gasnier earn from Fox?
Full time hosts are on 7 figures and part timers would be getting close to 400k.
A lot of ex players NRL, AFL do multiple radio/ TV, ambasodor roles etc.

Benji as a full time host on 9 and a part time role here and there would be up there. I’d guess he’s be earning 700k easily with his profile.

Newspaper writers are on 🥜 compared to TV even the big names are 200-300k.
That’s why they jump on TV shows where they can. Especially if they have a gambling habit.
Holy crap. So much money in sport.
Always has been..
Craig Lowndes gets paid 7 mill a year to drive a Commodore !

League players get peanuts!
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28914
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:40 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 8:51 pm
Wow. Imagine how much Matty Johns would be on! Daily radio show plus 2 tv shows
His shows dont really appeal to me...although some of the skits on Fox are funny

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4830
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:40 pm

Well that proves that Marshall is definitely there for the 300 game tag. And Farah will be getting another tattoo - "300 NRL Games". Due to Farah's whole persona I would like to see him do one show even if only for one night. He must have one season of gossip in him. He can put on his stern face, can interview Anthony Watts, J Taylor, Sheens the whole stable.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:58 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:40 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 8:51 pm
Wow. Imagine how much Matty Johns would be on! Daily radio show plus 2 tv shows
His shows dont really appeal to me...although some of the skits on Fox are funny
Can’t stand him. I hate Mathew Johns
Let's make the Tigers great again!

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:01 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:58 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:40 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 8:51 pm
Wow. Imagine how much Matty Johns would be on! Daily radio show plus 2 tv shows
His shows dont really appeal to me...although some of the skits on Fox are funny
Can’t stand him. I hate Mathew Johns
Love him or hate him - my point is that based on earlier posts regarding money, he would be worth a lot of money
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28914
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:07 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:01 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:58 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:40 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 8:51 pm
Wow. Imagine how much Matty Johns would be on! Daily radio show plus 2 tv shows
His shows dont really appeal to me...although some of the skits on Fox are funny
Can’t stand him. I hate Mathew Johns
Love him or hate him - my point is that based on earlier posts regarding money, he would be worth a lot of money
Yep
...and my point is you can earn a squillion by being a talentless flog....

TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 11:17 am

TBH im looking forward to just the footy in general lol

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 10:41 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:07 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:01 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:58 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:40 pm


His shows dont really appeal to me...although some of the skits on Fox are funny
Can’t stand him. I hate Mathew Johns
Love him or hate him - my point is that based on earlier posts regarding money, he would be worth a lot of money
Yep
...and my point is you can earn a squillion by being a talentless flog....
I love you. Let’s get married. I will divorce Ivanka
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Lauren
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun 06 May, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Lauren » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:24 pm

Knowing that we’re the only NRL team that hasn’t played a Finals game for 7 years, can’t help but think that no matter what our coaching or recruitment circumstances are, we need to make the Top 8 again.

Also does anyone actually know how many games we’ve played in the Finals? Found this on the NRL page and was surprised to see Dragons play as little as 23 games, expected more tbh.
Attachments
F81161A5-3453-4E6A-9E0B-ABD302EE6380.jpeg
F81161A5-3453-4E6A-9E0B-ABD302EE6380.jpeg (113.18 KiB) Viewed 131 times

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28914
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:28 pm

nine
4 in 2005 WWWW!!!!
3 in '10 L,W,L
2 in '11 W,L

66.6% choke on the melb you scum!

Post Reply