How about these proven workhorses:
Manaia Cherrington
JJ Felise
Matt Lodge
Curtis Sironen
Moses Suli
Apiseli Fine

All off contract ISP Cup in the Bag!
You must be joking about Lodge he wont play ISP again no matter who he plays for.Dont like him at all but he is definately a very good prop

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:34 pm

If we have much the same team as we do now, Ican’t see us having a hope in hell of being in the 8,
And if we have to play Reynolds for most of the season, we may as well not turn up,
we over performed at times , but the rabble that we are , always pokes his head up and we go backwards again.
We need quite a few of Good players, not another clubs rejects, but but genuine class players
If we have to chase players like Reynolds and Packer and a few more, then we can only hope for for a bucket full of luck to have a better year,
Buying average players still only makes us Average

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:41 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:34 pm
If we have much the same team as we do now, Ican’t see us having a hope in hell of being in the 8,
And if we have to play Reynolds for most of the season, we may as well not turn up,
we over performed at times , but the rabble that we are , always pokes his head up and we go backwards again.
We need quite a few of Good players, not another clubs rejects, but but genuine class players
If we have to chase players like Reynolds and Packer and a few more, then we can only hope for for a bucket full of luck to have a better year,
Spot on GCT.

We need to win those marginals.

Parra. Dogs. Drags. Titans games were all ther for the taking. Add in broncos in round 3.

Thats 10 comp points and 1st on the table.

So close aint good enough but a.lot.to build on

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:45 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:41 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Spot on GCT.

Parra. Dogs. Drags. Titans games were all ther for the taking. Add in broncos in round 3.

The lack of improvement personnel wise has to be concerning in 2019

Talking about almost wins , everyone has that on there resume , how many sides could say the exact same thing ??

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:59 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:45 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Spot on GCT.

Talking about almost wins , everyone has that on there resume , how many sides could say the exact same thing ??

Last time I looked it is still 2018 and the comp is still going.

:brick:

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 1:02 am

We won't have the same team, we'll have at least 8 new faces! What on earth are some of you smoking? Like children rushing to the Christmas tree on Christmas eve. Checking every 5 mins in case Santa's come. So impatient

We're don't need chumps, we need quality. And most quality players are still playing in the finals... Do you expect us to announce signings a couple of weeks before their seasons are over?

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 3:40 am

happy tiger wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Spot on GCT.

Many of them could claim that.Every club has close losses time to start going for the killer in games.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 4:30 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:59 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Spot on GCT.

Last time I looked it is still 2018 and the comp is still going.

:brick:
Not for us it’s not, unfortunately

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 6:39 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 1:02 am
We won't have the same team, we'll have at least 8 new faces! What on earth are some of you smoking? Like children rushing to the Christmas tree on Christmas eve. Checking every 5 mins in case Santa's come. So impatient

We're don't need chumps, we need quality. And most quality players are still playing in the finals... Do you expect us to announce signings a couple of weeks before their seasons are over?
No I don’t, but. We Have a track record of buying Plodders, Crocks and other teams rejects,
When that changes I’ll give the club full credit for it.
Il be pleasantly surprised if this next lot are better than Reynolds and Co.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 7:00 am

mtd wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:45 pm
Tcat wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 2:59 pm
Why do we recruit so badly? I know we talk about bad facilities (hopefully getting an upgrade), so many different home grounds etc. But why do we struggle in this department so much and for so long? In other industries, who ever looks after this department surely wouldn't last in their position. Yes, we have recruited recently, but you'd hardly say it's been top shelf. We honestly need some hard line and smart sales people to market our club in order attract better players. If parramatta can still seem to attract players after being a shamble of a club in recent times, then why cant we. Are we perceived so badly by decent NRL players?
What planet so you people live on

Packer was in awesome form for the dragons before he signed with us

Mbye is a very strong player.

Reynolds played for NSW

Matuliono for NZ

Heaps bad recruitmwnt!!
Packer was ok with Saints but he had a much better pack with him and more was needed from him here,

Mbye is a genuine first grader without a doubt

Reynolds was ordinary in Soo, and that’s a fast fading part of his career , which is heading the wrong way to get the money we’re paying him, his best is well behind him.

Mattalino is a borderline player, ok some days and missing on others
Certainly not great recruitment.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 7:56 am

People harp on about the close games we lost to teams at the bottom half of the comp, we also won a lot of close games that could have easily gone the other way.

That’s football when you have a team that lacks class

matchball

Post by matchball » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:04 am

I look forward to seeing the back of Benji and Farah.
If they are here next year that will mark 14 seasons since the 2005 premiership.
We need to move on from yesterdays heros. Youth is the key.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 11:40 am

quintus wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 1:48 pm
I hope we go hard for Corey Oates and take him on as a second rower. He is already 105 kg and would have no problem stacking on another 4 or 5 during the off season. Bennett has told him that he is a winger at the Broncos hence his $300000 wingers salary. He has already knocked back a big Bulldogs offer and is being circled by 3 or 4 other teams at second row money. I believe he may be one of our missing links, for us to become successful. Him and Rowdy would "Rip It Up" As one of the greatest Rock and Rollers of all time said.... :sign:
I don't get it personally, Oates is one of the best wingers in the comp. He takes good hitups early, good under the high ball, finishes nicely, can evade tackles.

I have a strong suspicion that would be eroded if he played more tight, taking hitups against set lines, matching it with guys his own size. Oates also isn't explosively powerful in the way I expect wide-running backrowers to be, so they can adjust their lines to play into holes. He's a real plodder in terms of his footwork.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 12:29 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:53 am
So here we are again with the all too familiar "there's always next year" line that nobody wants to say.

I thought I'd try to take a peek at what next years side might look like, to be honest it's not filling me with confidence at the moment.
I had way more hope and confidence this pre season with all the new recruits but now after seeing them go around and knowing our capabilities, the optimism levels aren't high for 2019.
Anyway, here's my line up.

2019 Team

1. Mbye
2. Nofo
3. Masters
4. Fonua ???? (Surely not)
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Eiso/Garlic sauce/Garner/Chee
13. Taylor
14. Twal/Eiso/Garlic/Garner/Chee
15. ". "
16. ". "
17. ". "

Why does this side make the 8 next year?

Convince me it's any better than the 2018 team, even if we sign a few new players is it really going to change much?
u know the sad thing is, that what u have down as our team for next year, is the only players we have , BECAUSE there is no one in the ISP team that can push for a 1st grade spot. so we really need at least 10-12 players and most need to be hardened 1st graders.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 12:55 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 12:29 pm
TIGER wrote:
So here we are again with the all too familiar "there's always next year" line that nobody wants to say.

I thought I'd try to take a peek at what next years side might look like, to be honest it's not filling me with confidence at the moment.
I had way more hope and confidence this pre season with all the new recruits but now after seeing them go around and knowing our capabilities, the optimism levels aren't high for 2019.

2019 Team

1. Mbye
2. Nofo
3. Masters
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
13. Taylor
15. ". "
16. ". "
17. ". "

Convince me it's any better than the 2018 team, even if we sign a few new players is it really going to change much?
u know the sad thing is, that what u have down as our team for next year, is the only players we have , BECAUSE there is no one in the ISP team that can push for a 1st grade spot. so we really need at least 10-12 players and most need to be hardened 1st graders.
Hello - new signings are yet to be announced.

Madge

Post by Madge » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm

POM if you could please let us know about things that are happening and who we are going after because seriously we are worrying quite abit just a tad.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 1:01 pm

Ivan cleary wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm
POM if you could please let us know about things that are happening and who we are going after because seriously we are worrying quite abit just a tad.
H e can't .....it is still a secret!!!!

You'll just have to wait. take a Bex and have a good lie down.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 1:01 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 12:55 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 12:29 pm
TIGER wrote:

2019 Team

1. Mbye
2. Nofo
3. Masters
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
13. Taylor
15. ". "
16. ". "
17. ". "

Hello - new signings are yet to be announced.
YES russell and x-mas is coming, would love to be leave we have top class replacements on the way, but the silence is deafening. hope iam wrong, but we will see.