Cleary declares Tigers not dead yet

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Re: Cleary declares Tigers not dead yet

Post by The Patriot » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:05 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 6:58 am
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:19 pm
Anyone happy to finish 9th, please leave. You are the problem
Now Mr Patriot I can well understand that coming from you because when that avartar guy you are using was in a team coming 9th and beyond he also pulled up stumps and that made the problem worse. Hi Tommy
Bill Belichick was head coach of the Browns for 5 years, he was fired by the Browns.

He was announced as head coach of the Jets but left that orginisation after just 1 day when he received a better offer from the Patriots.

He hasnt looked back.

What was your point about him pulling up stumps?
Its an opinion!


TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5456
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:08 am

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:26 pm
Is it just me or are contributors to this forum, with the word "tiger " in their name, the most critical of our club and coach?

Now Col,once again you seem to have made a rash statement,I would say due to frustration mainly,however,a majority of us have TIGER in our user name because we have mainly been Balmain Tiger supporters for years during our youth or the younger ones on this forum may refer to the WTs as Tigers and use Tiger in their user name....You on the other hand use Mapiecol as your user name because you probably were a diehard Western Suburbs supporter in your hayday..
Either way we are WESTS TIGERS members and fans...
As for being critical of our coach and team,at times it is human nature when a person becomes frustrated or angry during the year to vent that particular situation on the forum...
As for me I will deadset and imphatically say that Iam more than happy to finish 9th this year because I have noticed much improvement with the club and team,and dont forget we were made favourites by the experts to be wooden spooners this year...
Also during the year most have said we are a team of fringe first graders,jouneymen and young inexperienced players who would only make up the numbers...IF we finish betwen 10/12th it would be a good year....so why wouldnt I be happy with 9th..
After all we did beat ourselves a couple of times as did some pooor reffing,overall this year has had its highs and lows,BUT,it has been a year where we have also moved forward right across the club...

I cant wait to pay my membership for next year even with the' Ivan could be leaving' cloud hanging over our heads..



Cheers TRUE TIGER...by name and nature....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40524
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:10 am

Let's get a win v Manly and hopefully put a score on them and see what develops from there

Been 13 years since our last miracle , might be lucky ..........

User avatar
Juro
Member
Member
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Juro » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am

Image
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:50 am

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:05 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 6:58 am
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:19 pm
Anyone happy to finish 9th, please leave. You are the problem
Now Mr Patriot I can well understand that coming from you because when that avartar guy you are using was in a team coming 9th and beyond he also pulled up stumps and that made the problem worse. Hi Tommy
Bill Belichick was head coach of the Browns for 5 years, he was fired by the Browns.

He was announced as head coach of the Jets but left that orginisation after just 1 day when he received a better offer from the Patriots.

He hasnt looked back.

What was your point about him pulling up stumps?
I thought it was Tommy Raudonikis who had maybe joined a Trump-like Oz party. Sorry mate.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2657
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:57 am

Sorry... but buckleys.
Not even assured of ninth if Canberra win both games and we lose both - and if two teams are capable of that its these two.
At least we beat the Roosters this year, and nearly did it twice.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5354
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:20 am

The only joy for this season is if parra finish last.

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:36 am

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:00 am
yeti wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:16 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:19 pm
Anyone happy to finish 9th, please leave. You are the problem
Garbage! It's the fan's fault? How in the heck do you work that one out? And don't give me the crap about settling for mediocrity!
What do you suggest? Form a lynch mob and head out to Wests Tigers HQ and 'string 'em up' if they don't make the 8? You reckon that would work?
Give me a break!
Fire up Yeti, tell us what you really think.

Now as for the line you quoted it was in relation to the people who were posting that theyd be happy with 9th most seasons as its better than being at the bottom of the table.

If you and the others who have quoted me are happy to finish 9th every year so be it, just stop trying to pull up anyone who wants to aim a little higher.
I never said I was happy finishing 9th Patriot. But to somehow correlate the team missing the finals year after year with some of the fan base is truly nonsensical.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2657
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:51 am

yeti wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:36 am
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:00 am
yeti wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:16 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:19 pm
Anyone happy to finish 9th, please leave. You are the problem
Garbage! It's the fan's fault? How in the heck do you work that one out? And don't give me the crap about settling for mediocrity!
What do you suggest? Form a lynch mob and head out to Wests Tigers HQ and 'string 'em up' if they don't make the 8? You reckon that would work?
Give me a break!
Fire up Yeti, tell us what you really think.

Now as for the line you quoted it was in relation to the people who were posting that theyd be happy with 9th most seasons as its better than being at the bottom of the table.

If you and the others who have quoted me are happy to finish 9th every year so be it, just stop trying to pull up anyone who wants to aim a little higher.
I never said I was happy finishing 9th Patriot. But to somehow correlate the team missing the finals year after year with some of the fan base is truly nonsensical.
The fans hold no onus on what happens on the field or off in regard to the clubs success. The only power we have is to choose to support - or not.
We are just the victims of a revolving door of players/coaches and administrators who have not been able to get the job done due to their own limitations and/or other obstacles.
They move on, and we welcome the next ones and hope they can do better.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 10:56 am

yeti wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:36 am
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:00 am
yeti wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:16 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:19 pm
Anyone happy to finish 9th, please leave. You are the problem
Garbage! It's the fan's fault? How in the heck do you work that one out? And don't give me the crap about settling for mediocrity!
What do you suggest? Form a lynch mob and head out to Wests Tigers HQ and 'string 'em up' if they don't make the 8? You reckon that would work?
Give me a break!
Fire up Yeti, tell us what you really think.

Now as for the line you quoted it was in relation to the people who were posting that theyd be happy with 9th most seasons as its better than being at the bottom of the table.

If you and the others who have quoted me are happy to finish 9th every year so be it, just stop trying to pull up anyone who wants to aim a little higher.
I never said I was happy finishing 9th Patriot. But to somehow correlate the team missing the finals year after year with some of the fan base is truly nonsensical.

And I never said those people stop us from playing finals.

Those people are however very much the problem on here and otherpages. They just won't let the people who want and ask for better have their say.

It's always those guys who start the argument. Almost always because someone dare criticise the club for under performing.

They are the problem.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5927
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 1:14 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:12 pm
Tigerdave wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
yeah we're toast, just have to hope we at least finish on a high winning the last 2. At least we won't be getting the spoon as many predicted at the start of the year or even finishing in the bottom 4. Still disappointing given we shot ourselves in the foot a couple of times, but I guess the same could be said of some of our opponents who it could be argued shot themselves in the foot by not beating us.
Of the teams missing the 8 only the cows and the eagles havnt beaten us.
That's not saying a lot, quite a few teams have lost to a significant number of Bottom 8 sides.

Broncos have lost to Cows, Titans, Manly, Newcastle, Bulldogs. They beat us by 2, Raiders by 4 and Eels by 8.

Panthers have lost to the Bulldogs, Cowboys, Manly, Knights and beat Titans and Raiders by 1 point.

User avatar
prattenparkchild
Member
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun 07 May, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by prattenparkchild » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 2:32 pm

No hope. WT do not play big games too well and each remaining game is a big game. Even then we are relying on other teams falling over. We aren't consistent enough.

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 3:34 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 10:56 am
yeti wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:36 am
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:00 am
yeti wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:16 pm


Garbage! It's the fan's fault? How in the heck do you work that one out? And don't give me the crap about settling for mediocrity!
What do you suggest? Form a lynch mob and head out to Wests Tigers HQ and 'string 'em up' if they don't make the 8? You reckon that would work?
Give me a break!
Fire up Yeti, tell us what you really think.

Now as for the line you quoted it was in relation to the people who were posting that theyd be happy with 9th most seasons as its better than being at the bottom of the table.

If you and the others who have quoted me are happy to finish 9th every year so be it, just stop trying to pull up anyone who wants to aim a little higher.
I never said I was happy finishing 9th Patriot. But to somehow correlate the team missing the finals year after year with some of the fan base is truly nonsensical.

And I never said those people stop us from playing finals.

Those people are however very much the problem on here and otherpages. They just won't let the people who want and ask for better have their say.

It's always those guys who start the argument. Almost always because someone dare criticise the club for under performing.

They are the problem.
Ok - I misunderstood your original post. Apologies.
Mind you, I don't think anyone has stopped you or anyone else from having their say, have they?

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 3:39 pm

yeti wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 3:34 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 10:56 am
yeti wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:36 am
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:00 am


Fire up Yeti, tell us what you really think.

Now as for the line you quoted it was in relation to the people who were posting that theyd be happy with 9th most seasons as its better than being at the bottom of the table.

If you and the others who have quoted me are happy to finish 9th every year so be it, just stop trying to pull up anyone who wants to aim a little higher.
I never said I was happy finishing 9th Patriot. But to somehow correlate the team missing the finals year after year with some of the fan base is truly nonsensical.

And I never said those people stop us from playing finals.

Those people are however very much the problem on here and otherpages. They just won't let the people who want and ask for better have their say.

It's always those guys who start the argument. Almost always because someone dare criticise the club for under performing.

They are the problem.
Ok - I misunderstood your original post. Apologies.
Mind you, I don't think anyone has stopped you or anyone else from having their say, have they?

All good mate , and technically you are correct, we can still have our say.
Its an opinion!

Set play
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Set play » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 5:27 pm

When we lost to newcastle earlier in the year then lost to whats the matter Parramatta i thought we were gone from that point on but if ivan cant see it now he's delusional imo

Post Reply