Proud local junior Sue desperate to leave Wests Tigers on high note

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tiger_Fan18

Proud local junior Sue desperate to leave Wests Tigers on high note

Post by Tiger_Fan18 » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 11:46 am

Wests Magpies junior Sauaso Sue is determined to finish his time at the club on a high but hopes his new life at Belmore next year will get him out of his comfort zone.

The Macquarie Fields Hawks junior was a part of the grand final-winning Tigers NYC team in 2012 alongside current clubmate and fellow Magpie David Nofoaluma.

With his future up in the air for much of this year, Sue ended up making the decision that was best for his young family and taking a two-year deal at Belmore over the one-year offer to remain in Ivan Cleary's side.

"I'm pretty relieved but also pretty sad to leave the Tigers," Sue told NRL.com.

"But I think the club's in a good spot at the moment, there's a good culture here now and I'm excited for what lies ahead in the next chapter of my life.

"I'm really sad to leave the club, it's the only club I've been at being a West Tigers junior. I've really enjoyed my time here. The next couple of weeks I really want to give it my best. That's what the club deserves."

Sue will be going from one rebuilding club to another and next year joins the likes of Nick Meaney, Jack Cogger and Christian Crichton as fresh faces for a club that is restricted in the player market by its salary cap position. The Bulldogs' forward depth has been tested this year and Sue, who has been dropped to ISP a few times this year for the first time since breaking into first grade in 2013, shapes as a good fit.

"I'm excited for what lies ahead. The Bulldogs are in a rebuilding phase and I think my style of footy, the ad-line, hard running is what the Doggies need," he said.

"I think my playing style will fit straight in there. Dean Pay seems like a good coach and the guys there seem like a good bunch of boys. I'm excited for next year."

A strong recommendation from current clubmates and former Bulldogs Moses Mbye and Josh Reynolds, plus the chance to team up with the likes of Josh Jackson and David Klemmer, helped sell Sue on the Belmore idea.

"[Mbye and Reynolds] loved it there. Both of them said there's no egos there and they're a good bunch of young guys," he said.

"[Jackson and Klemmer] are both aggressive and do the job and they'll raise my aggressiveness to try and fit in there, I think they'll bring the best out of me and get me out of my comfort zone there.

"Playing in a different club, new surroundings, new people, new teammates, [it's about] trying to fit in there and getting a good pre-season under my belt and hopefully do well next year."

Sue's primary focus remains this year, and the slim glimmer of hope – if either the Broncos or Warriors lose both their remaining games – the team could sneak into the top eight with two wins.

"There is a small chance. We're just focusing on this week," he said.

"The opportunity was there for us on the weekend (against the Dragons at Leichhardt) and we didn't take it. The next two weeks we need to make sure when we get those small chances that we do capitalise and finish on a high.

"I've got a lot of pride wearing the Tigers jersey and just making sure I leave the jersey in a good spot and play my best footy in the next few weeks and leave on a high.

"We have a lot of confidence in the club still even though we didn't win on the weekend, we've got good leaders, the standards at training and off the field are high."

:sign:

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 12:36 pm

Why do players need to leave a club to get out of their comfort zone?

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 1:13 pm

Jesse I’m pretty sure Moses has said in a few interviews that there is an ego problem at the dogs. But good luck to him he’s been a loyal servant even tho he didn’t reach his heights here.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 10:41 am

why would he want to go from one club that just escaped it's cap problems to one just teething in that department. But good on him he has to earn a crust. Maybe the deal is we get LIchaa in return - you never know
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:12 am

Sorry to see Sue go, I think the Dogs offered a two year contract & we offered a one year extension, he has to look after himself.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:23 am

Mediocre player that has played great the past few games....

However.........

Not good enough for the longest of times.

It woulda been nice to keep him as a benchie if we were getting Taupau too cos Sue was great when we had Gavet. KAPOW And that slob Ava......

We've got hungry young guns coming up tho.

Expecting big things from Clarke next year.

Wouldn't mind signing Kaide Ellis or Jack Hetherington or Nick Lui-Toso from Penrith.... They're all hard and good prospects
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:30 am

I'm sure Reynolds when he came here said "no egos here" inferring there were egos there.
Hope that article isn't from WTs.com.... cant even get our name correct