First time no more losses then wins since 2011

Wests Tigers Discussion
Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3569
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

First time no more losses then wins since 2011

Post by Eddie » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:43 pm

When you have been losers for so long you have to hold onto something. You got to start somewhere.e.

This year the for the first time in 7 years we have at least won as much as we have lost.

Sometimes 28 jags you finals sometimes it doesn't. If we won next week we would be the first team ever to miss with 30 points.

I would argue this was the weakest side talent wise since probably 2013 however people might argue that.\

Im not saying people should be satisfied or get the pom poms out.

However if you told me at the start if the year we would win 12 games and have a top 8 defence i would have been surprised given we lost Tedesco, Woods and Moses and bought in some journeyman.

Im not that excited about next year but relatively pleased for the consistency in effort across a season for once.
Last edited by Eddie on Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.


TigersBusDriver
Member
Member
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by TigersBusDriver » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:45 pm

We only have 26 points???

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1888
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:46 pm

It’s impossible to be excited or apathetic towards next year until we know who we’ve signed and we are confident who is coaching us.
Coach - Cleary I hope.
Players - surely we haven’t let go the players we have if we haven’t signed some decent replacements??
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3569
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:47 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:45 pm
We only have 26 points???
12 wins.

25 round comp means one less bye.

Still the same 24 games played and first time 12 wins since 2011.

You know what i mean i think.

TigersBusDriver
Member
Member
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by TigersBusDriver » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm

Eddie wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:47 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:45 pm
We only have 26 points???
12 wins.

25 round comp means one less bye.

Still the same 24 games played and first time 12 wins since 2011.

You know what i mean i think.
Forgot about the one less bye. Why did they get rid of it?


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10151
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm

Eddie wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:43 pm
When you have been losers for so long you have to hold onto something. You got to start somewhere.e.

This year the for the first time in 7 years we have at least won as much as we have lost.

Sometimes 28 jags you finals sometimes it doesn't. If we won next week we would be the first team ever to miss with 30 points.

I would argue this was the weakest side talent wise since probably 2013 however people might argue that.\

Im not saying people should be satisfied or get the pom poms out.

However if you told me at the start if the year we would win 12 games and have a top 8 defence i would have been surprised given we lost Tedesco, Woods and Moses and bought in some journeyman.

Im not that excited about next year but relatively pleased for the consistency in effort across a season for once.
If we win next week we will finish on 28 points not 30 !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10151
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:53 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm
Eddie wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:47 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:45 pm
We only have 26 points???
12 wins.

25 round comp means one less bye.

Still the same 24 games played and first time 12 wins since 2011.

You know what i mean i think.
Forgot about the one less bye. Why did they get rid of it?
Stand alone Origin round .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:01 pm

We’re currently 3 wins off first place, 6 losses off last.

Could be worse

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10151
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:05 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:01 pm
We’re currently 3 wins off first place, 6 losses off last.

Could be worse
Yeah but we’re also 214 points off first place in the +-
We’d need a 10 round headstart to get that sort of point differential the way our attack sits .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:08 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:05 pm
greatodensraven wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:01 pm
We’re currently 3 wins off first place, 6 losses off last.

Could be worse
Yeah but we’re also 214 points off first place in the +-
We’d need a 10 round headstart to get that sort of point differential the way our attack sits .
Not if we had 4 more wins across the season. Which could’ve easily happened, ie. v Broncos, 2nd eels game, 2nd roosters game, dogs, etc etc.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10151
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:11 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:08 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:05 pm
greatodensraven wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:01 pm
We’re currently 3 wins off first place, 6 losses off last.

Could be worse
Yeah but we’re also 214 points off first place in the +-
We’d need a 10 round headstart to get that sort of point differential the way our attack sits .
Not if we had 4 more wins across the season. Which could’ve easily happened, ie. v Broncos, 2nd eels game, 2nd roosters game, dogs, etc etc.
“IF”
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:13 pm

That loss to Brisbane may end up being very significant.

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:14 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:11 pm
greatodensraven wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:08 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:05 pm
greatodensraven wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:01 pm
We’re currently 3 wins off first place, 6 losses off last.

Could be worse
Yeah but we’re also 214 points off first place in the +-
We’d need a 10 round headstart to get that sort of point differential the way our attack sits .
Not if we had 4 more wins across the season. Which could’ve easily happened, ie. v Broncos, 2nd eels game, 2nd roosters game, dogs, etc etc.
“IF”
True dat. It’s frustrating because the team have the capability just not the consistency. Look at tonight, we won the game by playing 20 mins of good footy.

We’re close but need some more class added over the offseason.

But hey the season ain’t over yet...

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10151
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:17 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:14 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:11 pm
greatodensraven wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:08 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:05 pm


Yeah but we’re also 214 points off first place in the +-
We’d need a 10 round headstart to get that sort of point differential the way our attack sits .
Not if we had 4 more wins across the season. Which could’ve easily happened, ie. v Broncos, 2nd eels game, 2nd roosters game, dogs, etc etc.
“IF”
True dat. It’s frustrating because the team have the capability just not the consistency. Look at tonight, we won the game by playing 20 mins of good footy.

We’re close but need some more class added over the offseason.

But hey the season ain’t over yet...
Mega frustrating....

Maybe Souths will rest the bulk of there squad next round ?

Probably only still win by 2 points Lol
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:21 pm

I reckon we’ll get Souths. We’ll be the underdog, no expectations. Seems to be our thing!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29358
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 2:51 am

Hooray...i think
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Kerry Cogger
Member
Member
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kerry Cogger » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 4:07 am

greatodensraven wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:21 pm
I reckon we’ll get Souths. We’ll be the underdog, no expectations. Seems to be our thing!
Especially if their stars get rested.

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11055
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 5:13 am

Telltails wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:13 pm
That loss to Brisbane may end up being very significant.
we'd be in the 8 now, they'd be on 26 and we'd be on 28

Post Reply