Tigers try of the year 2018

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5910
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Tigers try of the year 2018

Post by jirskyr » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 3:55 pm

NRL has released a list of tries they consider to be the "tries of the year", asking for votes.
https://try-tackle-of-the-year.nrl.com/trys

Moses Mbye's dummy against Canberra is our only try (2 conceded). Do you agree that's our best try? I initially thought of the MWZ try against Manly in Rd 6, where Brooks put Naiqama away. Twal's break for Mbye was a beauty last week, but brought down a peg because the Manly players just failed to tackle him.

Roosters seem over-represented IMO, despite having some high quality-players. Roosters and Broncos love-fest. Cooper Cronk, on the other hand, embarrassingly stepped around in a few of the tries.

Do you agree, Mbye Tigers' best try?


User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:16 pm

MWZ try against Manly was my first thought as well.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Bozo97
Member
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue 12 Apr, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Bozo97 » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:38 pm

Grubs try where he beat all those players down field was a good effort, forget who it was against though

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by TigerSkins » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:42 pm

Bozo97 wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:38 pm
Grubs try where he beat all those players down field was a good effort, forget who it was against though
x2 ----- and breaking his arm on grounding the ball .. !!

Bozo97
Member
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue 12 Apr, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Bozo97 » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:50 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:42 pm
Bozo97 wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:38 pm
Grubs try where he beat all those players down field was a good effort, forget who it was against though
x2 ----- and breaking his arm on grounding the ball .. !!
Made it all that more impressive


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4948
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 5:18 pm

Grub's try would have got my vote.

User avatar
fibrodreaming
Member
Member
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon 28 Mar, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by fibrodreaming » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 5:23 pm

I would vote for Mybe's try against the Raiders, followed by Mybe's try against Manly (set up by Twal) and then MWZ's try at Brookie. The last try was great to see, but the defence was poor.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5910
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 6:44 pm

Bozo97 wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:38 pm
Grubs try where he beat all those players down field was a good effort, forget who it was against though
Titans

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32952
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:34 am

Bozo97 wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:50 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:42 pm
Bozo97 wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:38 pm
Grubs try where he beat all those players down field was a good effort, forget who it was against though
x2 ----- and breaking his arm on grounding the ball .. !!
Made it all that more impressive
It was against the Titans, and that's the one I would have gone with.

TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:27 am

Mahe Fonua's try against panthers?

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28911
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 10:04 am

TheDaBoss wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:27 am
Mahe Fonua's try against panthers?
we failed to score a try that day...plus fonua didnt play

TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 10:21 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 10:04 am
TheDaBoss wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:27 am
Mahe Fonua's try against panthers?
we failed to score a try that day...plus fonua didnt play
my bad sorry...which game did he score that try right on the corner?...was it warriors?

Bozo97
Member
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue 12 Apr, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Bozo97 » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 10:36 am

willow wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:34 am
Bozo97 wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:50 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:42 pm
Bozo97 wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:38 pm
Grubs try where he beat all those players down field was a good effort, forget who it was against though
x2 ----- and breaking his arm on grounding the ball .. !!
Made it all that more impressive
It was against the Titans, and that's the one I would have gone with.
Thats right, Cheers

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29179
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 6:02 am

Corey Thompson's TRY against the Rorters Rd 1 for me as the young bloke copped it all the way back home in the car...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 1:25 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 10:04 am
TheDaBoss wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:27 am
Mahe Fonua's try against panthers?
we failed to score a try that day...plus fonua didnt play
Actually i think we did score....fonua did play....warriors won 26-4..it was in round 9 :|

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1636
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:06 pm

Bozo97 wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 4:38 pm
Grubs try where he beat all those players down field was a good effort, forget who it was against though
x4 against the Titans
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28911
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:11 pm

The fact only seperate three tries all year are being talked about says it all really

User avatar
joelw2002
Member
Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:27 am
Location: Campbelltown

Post by joelw2002 » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:56 am

What about Reynolds full field try where he dummied about 6 different players.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

Post Reply