Wed 29 Aug, 2018 8:06 am
Strip em.
How rude!!!!
:oops:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:18 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 4:50 pm
"But he said the Sharks are “significantly under” the salary cap for the 2018 season, meaning they are free to compete in the upcoming finals series.
He said they are as much as half a million dollars under the cap for this year.
“On the information available to us, every club including the Sharks, are cap compliant for 2018,” Greenberg said."

Half a mil under - yea right. What crap. Love how he says on the information available to us all clubs are compliant - well dah - what club provides information that shows that they are rorting - this guy is a complete joke. Get off your butt and look for the info that hasn't been provided.
They probably told him they were half a million under the cap in 2015, 16 & 17 as well.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:28 pm

What kind of example will bet set if the nrl do nothing but a slap on the wrist
If sharks get away with this it would be worth it for the Tigers to follow the sharks lead and cheat the cap
A small fine for a premiership is worth it is it not
I'm sick of the nrl sitting on their hands
Greenberg is a pussy
All abiding nrl clubs should insist he be removed from his position if he does not act harshly
Supporters do not want cheating clubs
We want fairness
It's hard enough to have your club miss out on the 8
But that is compounded 10 fold knowing that other clubs are cheating and getting a little slap on the wrist
Meanwhile we miss the finals for another year
Greenberg you are a 🐱

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:33 pm

Sharks set to Make a $4m loss. Salary cap fine could cripple them via telegraph.
No more plodders!
:sign:

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 8:02 pm

Think we are seeing the symptoms of a weak NRL with little vision for the future and no leadership to get us there. Some clubs are exploiting the lack of leadership- Roosters, Bronco's, Storm, Sharks etc and doing their own thing with little fear of restraints, checks and penalties. The others, are just making up the numbers- even those caught and penalised- Bulldogs and Sea Eagles.

No leadership- player draft, manager agents, junior and country competitions, expansion to other cities / regions, too many Sydney teams, inadequate facilities (because too many Sydney teams- no planned strategy teams & sharing home grounds), refereeing debacle in standards, the bunker farce, sponsorship inequity, TPA rorting, inconsistent suspensions- if they even get that far, concussion rule rorting / suspicions, grapple tackles, 3rd man hits.

That list was just off the top of my head......................

We need to demand the long term plan for the game and short term fixes needed.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm

What I don't get is that every team penalised for the salary cap had penalties applied now, so whether or not Sharks are cap compliant in 2018 is irrelevant to happenings in 2015 and 2017.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:19 pm

WT2K wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:33 pm
Sharks set to Make a $4m loss. Salary cap fine could cripple them via telegraph.
They went to superleague and were drug cheats. I hope they are found guilty of cap cheating and they go broke or get kicked out.

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:24 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm
What I don't get is that every team penalised for the salary cap had penalties applied now, so whether or not Sharks are cap compliant in 2018 is irrelevant to happenings in 2015 and 2017.
Agree 100%. Me thinks Greenberg is being too smart by half. Also recall the criticism of the bunker- Greenberg also says no changes no matter what valid concerns. Whats point of review then? He always seems to give definitive judgement before fully assessed.

Reckon Greenberg should say nothing except that the situation now in 2018 for Cronulla will not affect consideration by the NRL of penalties for breaches discovered in this instance- even self reported one. Penalties may include loss of premiership, loss of points, salary cap reductions etc but no decision until assessed.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:38 pm

gallagher wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:19 pm
WT2K wrote:
They went to superleague and were drug cheats. I hope they are found guilty of cap cheating and they go broke or get kicked out.
No sympathy from me towards them.
No more plodders!
:sign:

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 10:12 pm

dazza65 wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 2:00 pm
It borders on the ridiculous

A few years back Sharks were nuffies and then all of sudden they are attracting top line players and winning premierships - out of nowhere? then the drug scandal and now the salary cap - so now we know how they went from the Tiger Sharks to Premiers......cheating, clear and simple.

You arent alone here, people i talk to talk about this.

We now have our answer.
Its an opinion!

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 10:18 pm

WT2K wrote:
Siphoning money to pay players under the table can do that
A $4 million loss
That's almost $11000 a day
How does that happen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 10:29 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 11:36 am
Interesting comments from Luke Lewis

“Am I on $300,000 straight from the club? Or are you getting $250,000 from the club and a $50,000 MPA, I don’t know. They go, we’ve got to invoice such and such for $50,000 so you’re getting $300,000 for the year. That’s it, that’s all we know. That’s all we get told
----------

So who has organized this TPA
Am I correct in saying that the clubs are not allowed to organize this payment
It appears in this case they have

What will come of it now
And then Luke Lewis says he doesn't understand the cap , but then in the following sentence tells us he is his own manager

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 11:23 pm

there's always talk of reducing teams in Sydney.............looks like a good contender for me

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:25 am

Why should not the penalty be at this stage, whilst it is under investigation, Sharks are unable to compete in the current competition. Stops clubs making a mockery of the cap and that even 'only historical' past infractions have an immediate effect on the club until situation resolved. It will speed assessment of situation, who did what and then a speedy resolution.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:35 am

This just keeps getting more interesting.

So the picture I had about Cronulla being financially sound may not be the case at all.
Surely if this is true Rothfield would have known for some time, and now the story about the three month investigation into the salary cap rort and their possible financial woes all hit the surface.
Coincidence - I think not., Dont poke the Buzzard.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:46 am

Greenberg, the Inspector Clouseau of the NRL.

Probs too afraid to investigate any club or person within the NRL given the amount of skeletons he has in his closet.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 8:09 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 10:18 pm
WT2K wrote:
Siphoning money to pay players under the table can do that
A $4 million loss
That's almost $11000 a day
How does that happen
Peptides obviously aren't cheap.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 8:15 am

Telltails wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:35 am
This just keeps getting more interesting.

So the picture I had about Cronulla being financially sound may not be the case at all.
Surely if this is true Rothfield would have known for some time, and now the story about the three month investigation into the salary cap rort and their possible financial woes all hit the surface.
Coincidence - I think not., Dont poke the Buzzard.
I think someone else was going to beat him to the jump.

I do understand what you're saying though, he professes to be this tragic but soon as the chips are down he's the first to lay the boot in to the point where you'd think he hated the club, He strikes me as a fair weather of the highest order. When the Wanderers were flying high a few years back he was going to all their games, spunking his pants over the RBB and the atmosphere and then when they fell off a cliff you didn't hear jack from him about them afterward, in fact the DT sports section went back to knocking the RBB and their antics and how WSW weren't prepared to do anything about it and how the FFA had to take a hard line on them.

He's a petty man, you only need read his blog and his running vendetta against Gould from when Gould issued him a legal letter a decade ago about a story he ran on him. It would not come as a surprise though if he burnt down the Sharks just because of what those two dunderheads said about him.