Re: Farah set to play on after agreeing to terms

Post by willow » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:53 pm

greatwhitehunter wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:14 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:21 pm
greatwhitehunter wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:03 pm
If I don't like the way the club is run, I will seek to have the management replaced. Any good supporter would.
I think you'll find Marina go isn't in charge of recruitment and retention.
Pretty sure she is in charge of recruitment and retention of the coach - and he is leaving mid-way through his deal to join the Panthers next year.

Leaving us with dud signings like Farah, Marshall, Reynolds and McQueen to name a few....
You're making a lot of assumptions - some of which are simply not correct :roll:

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:57 pm

greatwhitehunter wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:14 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:21 pm
greatwhitehunter wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:03 pm
If I don't like the way the club is run, I will seek to have the management replaced. Any good supporter would.
I think you'll find Marina go isn't in charge of recruitment and retention.
Pretty sure she is in charge of recruitment and retention of the coach - and he is leaving mid-way through his deal to join the Panthers next year.

Leaving us with dud signings like Farah, Marshall, Reynolds and McQueen to name a few....
Whats Marina done wrong in your opinion (apart from Benji and Farah)? In recruitment there are always one or two players that fail to live up to hype. I remember in 2005 we signed Matt Reik? I don't think recruitment is ever 100% fail safe. Its part of sport in general. Do you think all recruits should live up to expectations?

As an example...Storm signed that bulldogs front rower this off season. The big fella. I dont thinknhis season has been impressive at all...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 6:21 pm

Bones wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:49 pm
greatwhitehunter wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:56 pm
The Tigers will never make the top 8 with Benjii and Farah in the top 30.

Benjii can't tackle and is afraid to get tackled with the ball. He's not first grade standard and hasn't been since the first time he left the joint. No other NRL club would touch him but the fools running the Tigers sign him up.

Farah has been reasonable since his return, but he's already running out of puff after a couple of games.

Thurston played a year too long and has been embarrassed by it - it also meant his club floundered at the bottom of the table in 2018.

Double dose for the Tigers in 2019....

What would you expect from a club run by Marina Go ?
Well we have made the finals 3 times with them.

Realistically they have both been signed as backup so I don’t see a problem. If Liddle fires and Reynolds stays fit they probably only play a handful of games.
People keep saying this but I've not seen it mentioned in anything from the club... Peoples assumptions, may well be on the money but it wouldn't surprise me to see otherwise

Post by 851 » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:09 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 6:21 pm
Bones wrote:
greatwhitehunter wrote:

Benjii can't tackle and is afraid to get tackled with the ball. He's not first grade standard and hasn't been since the first time he left the joint. No other NRL club would touch him but the fools running the Tigers sign him up.

Farah has been reasonable since his return, but he's already running out of puff after a couple of games.

Thurston played a year too long and has been embarrassed by it - it also meant his club floundered at the bottom of the table in 2018.

Realistically they have both been signed as backup so I don’t see a problem. If Liddle fires and Reynolds stays fit they probably only play a handful of games.
People keep saying this but I've not seen it mentioned in anything from the club... Peoples assumptions, may well be on the money but it wouldn't surprise me to see otherwise
That is my concern to Ink, we are not going to be a top 8 side with Benji at 6
Go hard or go home

NCC Tiger

Post by NCC Tiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:20 pm

Pretty sure if Liddle and Reynolds were fit to play all this year we wouldn't be having this discussion. Good to have good low cost players like Robbie and Benji as backups next year. Hopefully Liddle and Reynolds will be fit and the backups can be used sparingly.

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:44 pm

Anyone have an idea on what $$ Marshall and Farah could be on for next year out of our cap?

matchball

Post by matchball » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:49 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Bones wrote:
greatwhitehunter wrote:

Farah didn't like playing in reserves at South's and was going to retire until Tigers threw him a lifeline.
I don't think he expects to be playing reserves in 2019.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:52 pm

matchball wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:49 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Bones wrote:
greatwhitehunter wrote:

Farah didn't like playing in reserves at South's and was going to retire until Tigers threw him a lifeline.
And if he does, what’s he going to do? Retire? 😂

matchball

Post by matchball » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:56 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:52 pm
matchball wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:49 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Bones wrote:

And if he does, what’s he going to do? Retire? 😂
The negative press will start up again.