Farah set to play on after agreeing to terms

Wests Tigers Discussion
greatwhitehunter

Re: Farah set to play on after agreeing to terms

Post by greatwhitehunter » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:56 pm

The Tigers will never make the top 8 with Benjii and Farah in the top 30.

Benjii can't tackle and is afraid to get tackled with the ball. He's not first grade standard and hasn't been since the first time he left the joint. No other NRL club would touch him but the fools running the Tigers sign him up.

Farah has been reasonable since his return, but he's already running out of puff after a couple of games.

Thurston played a year too long and has been embarrassed by it - it also meant his club floundered at the bottom of the table in 2018.

Double dose for the Tigers in 2019....

What would you expect from a club run by Marina Go ?

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 1:15 pm

I suggest that we would have front loaded over a half a million dollars of 2018's cap, so if we don't snare Nathan in 2020/19, then we should easily have the funds to buy another Million dollar player. Or possibly two high class players worth $750k...

And that's for 2019. So Farah re-signing doesn't phase me. Another back up hooker would be good (you need 3), to play ISP most weeks, and go hard for a second rower/prop on big money.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

willow

Post by willow » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 1:17 pm

greatwhitehunter wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:56 pm

Benjii can't tackle and is afraid to get tackled with the ball. He's not first grade standard and hasn't been since the first time he left the joint. No other NRL club would touch him but the fools running the Tigers sign him up.

Farah has been reasonable since his return, but he's already running out of puff after a couple of games.

Thurston played a year too long and has been embarrassed by it - it also meant his club floundered at the bottom of the table in 2018.

You're off to a good start with your first post - but I suspect you've probably been here before under another guise. The pot shot at Marina Go is unnecessary but if you don't like the way the club is run - find another one to support.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 1:18 pm

greatwhitehunter wrote:

hey its not robbie or benjis fault, the club ask them to go round again. the club has a lot to answer for, ist we get told that we had no money due to back ended deals and now that that is sorted we have this great war chest and still we have made no signings of any note. no wonder so many on here are frustrated, if we have money spent the bloody thing, but on top class players.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 1:25 pm

greatwhitehunter wrote:

Hi Buzz, how's Stiletto's?
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 1:30 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 1:18 pm
greatwhitehunter wrote:

hey its not robbie or benjis fault, the club ask them to go round again. the club has a lot to answer for, ist we get told that we had no money due to back ended deals and now that that is sorted we have this great war chest and still we have made no signings of any note. no wonder so many on here are frustrated, if we have money spent the bloody thing, but on top class players.
I agree. As I have said previously, the days of mediocre signings need to end. I know they all cant be marquee, but I just hope Robbie and Benji are considered back ups, not our go to guys. If so, we are screwed.

matchball

Post by matchball » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 1:58 pm

bp tiger wrote:
greatwhitehunter wrote:

Show me a link to where the club asked them to?
A player decides when it's time up on their careers. Not the club.
They both had no intention to retire.

greatwhitehunter

Post by greatwhitehunter » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:03 pm

[/quote]

You're off to a good start with your first post - but I suspect you've probably been here before under another guise. The pot shot at Marina Go is unnecessary but if you don't like the way the club is run - find another one to support.
[/quote]

If I don't like the way the club is run, I will seek to have the management replaced. Any good supporter would.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:21 pm

greatwhitehunter wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:03 pm
If I don't like the way the club is run, I will seek to have the management replaced. Any good supporter would.
I think you'll find Marina go isn't in charge of recruitment and retention.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:09 pm

Personally I am happy to have Robbie play on for another season because I honestly don't think he will be starting hooker or playing huge minutes by the end of it.

Robbie still has a bit to offer on the field but I think his biggest benefit will be to Liddle, if he truly is going to be our future hooker for years to come then I think Robbie is perfect to help him with his game.

You only have to look at Damien Cook's game and how much he came on this season and Cook himself has many times credited Robbie for helping him take his game to the next level.

greatwhitehunter

Post by greatwhitehunter » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:14 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:21 pm
greatwhitehunter wrote:
Pretty sure she is in charge of recruitment and retention of the coach - and he is leaving mid-way through his deal to join the Panthers next year.

Leaving us with dud signings like Farah, Marshall, Reynolds and McQueen to name a few....

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:16 pm

matchball wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 1:58 pm
bp tiger wrote:
greatwhitehunter wrote:

Show me a link to where the club asked them to?
A player decides when it's time up on their careers. Not the club.
They both had no intention to retire.
and u know this because, i was basing my remarks on ivans interview on t.v where he stated if they want to go around i would like them here.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:18 pm

but who really cares if the club got out and signed some decent talent then both would be retiring not going around again. so either we cant get players to come or we wont pay what there asking, either way we are screwed.

Bones

Post by Bones » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:49 pm

greatwhitehunter wrote:

Well we have made the finals 3 times with them.

Realistically they have both been signed as backup so I don’t see a problem. If Liddle fires and Reynolds stays fit they probably only play a handful of games.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 4:21 pm

greatwhitehunter wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:14 pm
jirskyr wrote:
greatwhitehunter wrote:
Pretty sure she is in charge of recruitment and retention of the coach - and he is leaving mid-way through his deal to join the Panthers next year.

Leaving us with dud signings like Farah, Marshall, Reynolds and McQueen to name a few....
How many things can you get wrong in the one post?

Sheeesh!!!!!.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 4:43 pm

greatwhitehunter wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:14 pm
jirskyr wrote:
greatwhitehunter wrote:

Well who was in charge of recruiting and retaining Marina Go? That person is to blame for hiring the person who hired Ivan.

I missed the part where the coach was leaving - are you from the future, or stuck in the murky past?

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 4:53 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:02 pm
I don't see why people are fussed. We have a lot of space left in our roster and not much backup at 6 and 9.

If they don't play well enough - they get dropped, easy.

But imagine if we were trying to get through this year without Benji and still enduring the injuries to Reynolds... Brooks and Gamble all season?
Lol. Anyone would think Gamble played 14 first grade games and was the worst in team for every one of them.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 4:58 pm

Go You Good Things wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 4:53 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 9:02 pm
I don't see why people are fussed. We have a lot of space left in our roster and not much backup at 6 and 9.

If they don't play well enough - they get dropped, easy.

But imagine if we were trying to get through this year without Benji and still enduring the injuries to Reynolds... Brooks and Gamble all season?
Lol. Anyone would think Gamble played 14 first grade games and was the worst in team for every one of them.
No, but he played about that many ISP games without a lot to show for it apart from a couple of one pointers.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.