Over feel good stories

Wests Tigers Discussion
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Re: Over feel good stories

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 8:46 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 03 Sep, 2018 5:53 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:14 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:26 pm
2012

2013

2014

2015

2016

2017

2018

...just be patient
Holiday pics from Bali coming very soon !

Post of the week Hobbo
:roll


User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 12029
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 9:22 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 10:34 am
4jtigers wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:34 am
Snake wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:31 am
Well after another failed season of not making a final series the club rolls out the old feel good story once again . Well to be honest this club has to take a serious look at itself after years of failure the best they can do is proudly announce the signing of 2 mid thirty somethings to run around again next season . The club is full of average players being promoted above there level and it seems no intention of recruiting any top line in there prime players . I suppose the next thing is the club will announce we will be having 7 home grounds .. is this club really serious about moving forward as I get the feeling they are not !
Just settle down and be patient mate. Not sure why are we so impatient.
You're having a lend with that statement surely? Wests Tigers fans are the most patient people on the planet. Some of us might whinge and moan a lot about having zero success for years on end, but we're all still here - waiting...waiting...waiting...for the club to finally leap over the hill of mediocrity and shed its status of perennial competition also ran.
Spot on Spud.
It's funny how some on this Forum except how things are and try to tell others to be Patient , we haven't made the Semis in 7 years but be Patient :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 9:31 pm

Didn’t Pascoe say we weren’t going to let another season slide, that onfield success was a must? How patient must we be? You see, the disappointment this year is that 1/3 through the season we were in the perfect spot to make a run for the semis. Inability to close out games and to play consistently good footy sent our middle third if the season spiraling down. Not being able to execute from dummy half didn’t help. We let a good thing go. We stuffed up a perfect opportunity. Not good. I think we have a right to lack patience.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
Gazman
Member
Member
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:35 pm

Post by Gazman » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 9:47 pm

It can’t be a coincidence that the top teams currently featuring in the finals are also the teams that perception believes they are also finding ways to get around the salary cap. I wouldn’t mind if our club stopped being Mr Nice guy and started looking at creative ways to get around this anomaly and maybe we can attract better quality playing roster and coaches

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6122
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 10:01 pm

4jtigers wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:34 am
Snake wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:31 am
Well after another failed season of not making a final series the club rolls out the old feel good story once again . Well to be honest this club has to take a serious look at itself after years of failure the best they can do is proudly announce the signing of 2 mid thirty somethings to run around again next season . The club is full of average players being promoted above there level and it seems no intention of recruiting any top line in there prime players . I suppose the next thing is the club will announce we will be having 7 home grounds .. is this club really serious about moving forward as I get the feeling they are not !
Just settle down and be patient mate. Not sure why are we so impatient.
Sorry 4jtigers ,but that “patient” Garbage is just that.......garbage!!
Not sure how long you have supportedBalman /Wests\WTs.
Some of us have been supporting them for what seems a lifetime, and to do ,that you have to be a world Champion af “patience”.
This club thrives on “Patience”, and Fluff stoties , to try and make us dopes not look to hard at the
Incompetence of those who run it, but don’t worry”there’s always next year.
Just be “Patient”
The fans of mediocrity, are fed plenty of it here
Nothing’s changed, and there’s no sign that mediocrity Leaving any time soon.
So spare us the instructions to be “patient”., as you have no idea of the amount of “patience “ thathas been wasted in supporting this crew.


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6122
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 10:15 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:23 pm
gallagher wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:18 pm
Whats the chances Hodgo getting the top job if Cleary goes? Thats feel good to the max.

We are into a rebuild (again and again). If Cleary goes we don’t need a rookie coach. We need experience, passion and leadership. BUT Cleary won’t go - he has given his word
Love those rebuilds,!!
I thought we were in a permanent state of a rebuild
The first rule of rebuilding is to buy something that is better than what you’ve already got
Not to change one soft rabble for another soft rabble!! Buying players that don’t want to clock off after six or seven weeks would be a nice change for us as well

User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 7:25 am

bigsiro wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:20 pm
cqtiger wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:07 pm
So let me get this straight... we lose the 3 amigos last year and after our recruitment for this year 95% of people on this forum said we would finish bottom 4.

We just miss the 8 with our supposedly “God-awful” roster and now each story about us is fluff and it’s yet another wasted year?

Go figure.
Yeah that's a fair call.
I suppose after the first 6 rounds our expectations changed.
Maybe we got ahead of ourselves. But I think that based on that form it was fair to reassess.
Only a brave pessimist would have come on here at that stage and proclaimed (based on that form) that we will nosedive massively and miss the finals.
Well, we can suggest that the early wins were a bonus, or we can call them for what they were. A team with guts playing their hearts out. But then we fell back into the tigers of old. Lazy, effortless, sloppy, impatient, brain dead fools. The team can do it. But these clowns really aren't capable of taking ownership of their performances. They say they are in the after match press conferences, but they're not. It can only be a culture thing. Until we have a group of men that are determined to win we'll keep missing the finals. And we'll keep cheering for anyone but the broncos or roosters in September. To look back on this year with the great start, the lack of injuries and the closeness of the competition at the top is very, very disappointing.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6122
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 7:26 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 03 Sep, 2018 10:01 pm
4jtigers wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:34 am
Snake wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:31 am
Well after another failed season of not making a final series the club rolls out the old feel good story once again . Well to be honest this club has to take a serious look at itself after years of failure the best they can do is proudly announce the signing of 2 mid thirty somethings to run around again next season . The club is full of average players being promoted above there level and it seems no intention of recruiting any top line in there prime players . I suppose the next thing is the club will announce we will be having 7 home grounds .. is this club really serious about moving forward as I get the feeling they are not !
Just settle down and be patient mate. Not sure why are we so impatient.
Sorry 4jtigers ,but that “patient” Garbage is just that.......garbage!!
Not sure how long you have supportedBalman /Wests\WTs.
Some of us have been supporting them for what seems a lifetime, and to do ,that you have to be a world Champion af “patience”.
This club thrives on “Patience”, and Fluff stoties , to try and make us dopes not look to hard at the
Incompetence of those who run it, but don’t worry”there’s always next year.

Just be “Patient”.

The fans of mediocrity, are fed plenty of it here .
Nothing’s changed, and there’s no sign of that mediocrity Leaving any time soon.
So spare us the instructions to be “patient”., as you have no idea of the amount of “patience “ that hasbeen wasted in supporting this crew.

User avatar
4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed 21 Sep, 2011 11:19 am
Location: Doonside NSW

Post by 4jtigers » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 9:14 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 04 Sep, 2018 7:26 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 03 Sep, 2018 10:01 pm
4jtigers wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:34 am
Snake wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:31 am
Well after another failed season of not making a final series the club rolls out the old feel good story once again . Well to be honest this club has to take a serious look at itself after years of failure the best they can do is proudly announce the signing of 2 mid thirty somethings to run around again next season . The club is full of average players being promoted above there level and it seems no intention of recruiting any top line in there prime players . I suppose the next thing is the club will announce we will be having 7 home grounds .. is this club really serious about moving forward as I get the feeling they are not !
Just settle down and be patient mate. Not sure why are we so impatient.
Sorry 4jtigers ,but that “patient” Garbage is just that.......garbage!!
Not sure how long you have supportedBalman /Wests\WTs.
Some of us have been supporting them for what seems a lifetime, and to do ,that you have to be a world Champion af “patience”.
This club thrives on “Patience”, and Fluff stoties , to try and make us dopes not look to hard at the
Incompetence of those who run it, but don’t worry”there’s always next year.

Just be “Patient”.

The fans of mediocrity, are fed plenty of it here .
Nothing’s changed, and there’s no sign of that mediocrity Leaving any time soon.
So spare us the instructions to be “patient”., as you have no idea of the amount of “patience “ that hasbeen wasted in supporting this crew.
I have been a fan since Balmain Tigers' days... so yeah I have been patient for my sanity sake. We can all whinge here and there but will that change a thing? Maybe and maybe not, and will that bring instant success? again the answer is a maybe, so yeah I choose to be patient for my sake otherwise I'd be nuts.

gotta filter out the REAL good news and the fluff stories I guess :)
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

User avatar
bigsiro
Member
Member
Posts: 1374
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by bigsiro » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 10:41 am

Go nuts 4jtigers!
I say we should all go nuts and demand success rather than accept mediocrity and other BS from the club that calls for even more patience.

There comes a time when patience runs out.
But I fear that time came and went and now so many of us are just conditioned to accept excuses, poor performances. It's time we shed this inferiority complex.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a huge problem - that our fans are so patient and don't demand success.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3151
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 5:23 pm

Patience is a virtue, posses it if you can. Seldom in a woman, never in a man.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22165
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 6:29 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Tue 04 Sep, 2018 7:25 am
bigsiro wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:20 pm
cqtiger wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:07 pm
So let me get this straight... we lose the 3 amigos last year and after our recruitment for this year 95% of people on this forum said we would finish bottom 4.

We just miss the 8 with our supposedly “God-awful” roster and now each story about us is fluff and it’s yet another wasted year?

Go figure.
Yeah that's a fair call.
I suppose after the first 6 rounds our expectations changed.
Maybe we got ahead of ourselves. But I think that based on that form it was fair to reassess.
Only a brave pessimist would have come on here at that stage and proclaimed (based on that form) that we will nosedive massively and miss the finals.
Well, we can suggest that the early wins were a bonus, or we can call them for what they were. A team with guts playing their hearts out. But then we fell back into the tigers of old. Lazy, effortless, sloppy, impatient, brain dead fools. The team can do it. But these clowns really aren't capable of taking ownership of their performances. They say they are in the after match press conferences, but they're not. It can only be a culture thing. Until we have a group of men that are determined to win we'll keep missing the finals. And we'll keep cheering for anyone but the broncos or roosters in September. To look back on this year with the great start, the lack of injuries and the closeness of the competition at the top is very, very disappointing.
Well said. Despite a lot of people claiming we overachieved, the first 6-8 weeks showed we could mix it with the top teams. Definitely an attitude problem. Team selections were horrendous at times as well during the middle part of the year.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2247
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 6:44 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:37 am
NO MORE FLUFF !
Lint filters are great though

User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 2003
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am

Post by mtd » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 8:25 pm

Melbourne
Roosters
Broncos

No one else has really been consistent over the years.

Bennet and Bellamy both long serving coaches at their clubs (despite Bennet having moved around a bit).

Roosters are just good at doing 'business'.

The consistency with these clubs is off the field.

We have been a poorly run club for a long time. I think we are on the right track now but it doesn't happen over night.

I'd like to think we are on the brink of consistency. The more consistent we are the more chance of winning a comp Every couple of years.

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5448
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 8:34 pm

True story,fluff story,have a lend of us story,bs story ….hell I don't care I love the Wests Tigers and cant wait until next years drama classes.. :roll
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Post Reply