Over feel good stories

Wests Tigers Discussion
jirskyr

Re: Over feel good stories

Post by jirskyr » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 4:41 pm

I'm sick of the fluff, let's get back to crisis stories please!!!

I'm not one of those "be patient" folks either, it's just that you gotta think about what you can realistically do. You can complain and moan, fine, but it has no impact on the team's performance. You can stop buying memberships or tickets, but that is exactly the way to ensure that the club doesn't achieve success, by removing funding.

Yes it sucks we've missed the finals so long, especially that there have been a variety of changes and no obvious success.

But what are you gonna do? If next year is "the last straw", or if this year was the last straw, cool, stop worrying about Tigers and you can remove a good amount of stress (punctuated by pure joy) from your life.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:07 pm

So let me get this straight... we lose the 3 amigos last year and after our recruitment for this year 95% of people on this forum said we would finish bottom 4.

We just miss the 8 with our supposedly “God-awful” roster and now each story about us is fluff and it’s yet another wasted year?

Go figure.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:20 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:07 pm
So let me get this straight... we lose the 3 amigos last year and after our recruitment for this year 95% of people on this forum said we would finish bottom 4.

We just miss the 8 with our supposedly “God-awful” roster and now each story about us is fluff and it’s yet another wasted year?

Go figure.
Yeah that's a fair call.
I suppose after the first 6 rounds our expectations changed.
Maybe we got ahead of ourselves. But I think that based on that form it was fair to reassess.
Only a brave pessimist would have come on here at that stage and proclaimed (based on that form) that we will nosedive massively and miss the finals.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Post by 851 » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:39 pm

A feel good story would be we sign 3 or 4 decent players, maybe even a superstar, these stories are exactly what Hobbo said they were, fluff pieces
Go hard or go home

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:52 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:55 pm
Hope we don't play any bottom teams next year ..

Thinking about it if we are on the he bottom we should win every game but then we'd be on top...it's a no win situation. ..
It is possible under chess swiss format draw. Winners play winners and losers play losers. Your opposition is determined by which teams have the same number of games won but sidestepping playing the same team/player twice. So no need for finals as every win is essential to progress further. If at the end of tourney teams have won same points then the winner is decided by which team played the more higher rated teams or teams that had won more games. Totally irrelevant I know.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:06 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:20 pm
cqtiger wrote:

Go figure.
Yeah that's a fair call.
I suppose after the first 6 rounds our expectations changed.
Maybe we got ahead of ourselves. But I think that based on that form it was fair to reassess.
Only a brave pessimist would have come on here at that stage and proclaimed (based on that form) that we will nosedive massively and miss the finals.
I think there were a few that were worried we couldn't keep up that hectic scrambling style footy we showed early...and would burn out so to speak

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:18 pm

Whats the chances Hodgo getting the top job if Cleary goes? Thats feel good to the max.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:22 pm

Only one team wins , the rest are losers
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:23 pm

gallagher wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:18 pm
Whats the chances Hodgo getting the top job if Cleary goes? Thats feel good to the max.

We are into a rebuild (again and again). If Cleary goes we don’t need a rookie coach. We need experience, passion and leadership. BUT Cleary won’t go - he has given his word
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:28 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:23 pm
gallagher wrote:

We are into a rebuild (again and again). If Cleary goes we don’t need a rookie coach. We need experience, passion and leadership. BUT Cleary won’t go - he has given his word
Cute. You sound like you are trying to convince yourself.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:53 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:28 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:23 pm
gallagher wrote:

Cute. You sound like you are trying to convince yourself.
You got it!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

matchball

Post by matchball » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:54 pm

cqtiger wrote:

Go figure.
I always expect top 8. I put money on every year because that's season goal all clubs should aim for.
I back my team regardless of the squad.

If you are resigned to a bottom 4 finish I don't see the point. I'd quit watching if that was me.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:03 am

matchball wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:54 pm
cqtiger wrote:

Go figure.
I always expect top 8. I put money on every year because that's season goal all clubs should aim for.
I back my team regardless of the squad.

If you are resigned to a bottom 4 finish I don't see the point. I'd quit watching if that was me.
Maybe the rest of us were a bit more realistic this year (and probably have been for the better part of the last 7 years).
We didn't quit watching.

FYI most of us would have expected us to miss the 8 in 2005. But we didn't quit watching. We wanted to believe. This is sport. Anything is possible.

Expect little and hope to over-achieve, rather than the opposite.
Maybe that is not a life mantra, but it sure is as a Tiger's fan.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 10:34 am

4jtigers wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:34 am
Snake wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:31 am
Well after another failed season of not making a final series the club rolls out the old feel good story once again . Well to be honest this club has to take a serious look at itself after years of failure the best they can do is proudly announce the signing of 2 mid thirty somethings to run around again next season . The club is full of average players being promoted above there level and it seems no intention of recruiting any top line in there prime players . I suppose the next thing is the club will announce we will be having 7 home grounds .. is this club really serious about moving forward as I get the feeling they are not !
Just settle down and be patient mate. Not sure why are we so impatient.
You're having a lend with that statement surely? Wests Tigers fans are the most patient people on the planet. Some of us might whinge and moan a lot about having zero success for years on end, but we're all still here - waiting...waiting...waiting...for the club to finally leap over the hill of mediocrity and shed its status of perennial competition also ran.

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 2:52 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 10:34 am
4jtigers wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:34 am
Snake wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:31 am
Well after another failed season of not making a final series the club rolls out the old feel good story once again . Well to be honest this club has to take a serious look at itself after years of failure the best they can do is proudly announce the signing of 2 mid thirty somethings to run around again next season . The club is full of average players being promoted above there level and it seems no intention of recruiting any top line in there prime players . I suppose the next thing is the club will announce we will be having 7 home grounds .. is this club really serious about moving forward as I get the feeling they are not !
Just settle down and be patient mate. Not sure why are we so impatient.
You're having a lend with that statement surely? Wests Tigers fans are the most patient people on the planet. Some of us might whinge and moan a lot about having zero success for years on end, but we're all still here - waiting...waiting...waiting...for the club to finally leap over the hill of mediocrity and shed its status of perennial competition also ran.
:lol: I know - I was waiting for people to start having a go at me for saying that. West Tigers till I die!!!

:sign:
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 3:12 pm

think mr pascoe needs to come out and say something, along the lines yes be patience we have players coming and ivan will be here till 2020. would be a good start and give the fans a bit of peace.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 5:46 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Mon 03 Sep, 2018 3:12 pm
think mr pascoe needs to come out and say something, along the lines yes be patience we have players coming and ivan will be here till 2020. would be a good start and give the fans a bit of peace.
Pascoe has said that in fact...roster will have 29 spots filled by Christmas and all along Cleary wont be released...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 5:53 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:14 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:26 pm

...just be patient
Holiday pics from Bali coming very soon !

Post of the week Hobbo
Its an opinion!