Wests Tigers Discussion
TYGA

Re: Thanks Tigers!

Post by TYGA » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:37 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:25 pm
TYGA wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:21 pm
This was coming I have to admit I backed the Rabbits by 20+ at 4.00. This was always going to happen. Season was better than I thought and we are setup we’ll cap wise for the future. It’s a start let’s see who we sign as the roster is not good enough.

Key holes Prop, Edge Backrower, Centre and a brutal lock.
Agree. Tonight was always going to be tough. I sure hope there are quality players on the way because we have already lost a couple who have contributed this year and gained nothing.
Players probably leaving are a positive Kev, Sue, McQueen, Mcilwrick, Grant, MWZ, Rochow etc are not first grade quality.

I’m looking for big improvements from Mbye, Liddell, Twal, Reynolds, Mikalele, Marsters. But we need at least 3 -4 rep level players in this team to compete. We have to make it happen this off season.

matchball

Post by matchball » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:46 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:16 pm
Only 4 wins from 1st place.
If Only.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm

I agree with the opening post. It’s disappointing to miss the 8 (again), but we were a big improvement on last year and vs general expectations. Now that we finished 9th, next year’s expectation is clear - we need to keep improving, which means anything less than top 8 is a failure
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm

Cheffo wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:19 pm
Go on then Tcat.....tell us how the least financial club (at the moment) in the comp should “improve and turn the corner”. We arguably lost our 3 best players last years and just avoided the spoon in 2017. How do you say we haven’t improved?
Are the Tigers playing in the semis this year?? Improvement on the field not good enough. Our management seems solid and are heading in the right direction, but we haven't turned the corner yet and that's a fact otherwise we'd be playing consistent finals football. A dominate/monster forward pack to get us some go-forward would be a start. We rarely dominate teams & make decent metres in the middle. Yeah, we did loose 3 good players last year (recruited as a result), missed the spoon by a few points, however to me coming 9th or coming 14th doesn't mean much to me atm.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:11 pm

Well we went a lot better than I expected so I can't complain, disappointing that we didn't make the 8 when we really should have though.

Packerlino were outstanding.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:56 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:18 pm
Oh no .....
We sucked again !

No sugar..?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:31 am

Cheffo wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:55 pm
Key the moaners, sooks and keyboard cowards......I would like to express my thanks to the Tigers for the season. So many of the so called fans on this forum just don’t get it. Last year so many of you stated that you would just be happy for a team that would just put in and that’s what we got this year.

Most pundits had us finishing last and we have finished 9th. Those who bang on about “plodders” and so forth have the right I guess, but it is what it is. Those plodders got us to 9th and therefore have played to or above their ability.

They kept me interested in the season to within one round of the end of the season. We’re not the Roosters or the Broncos in terms of finances and for now you just have to accept we cannot attract the cattle they can. Tough luck for us, but stop bemoaning it. Go and support them if you can’t handle. I’m proud to be a tigers fan this year. More often than not they put in. Even with the belting tonight, they really put in against a team of origin players and internationals who were on fire.

We had none of the crap of previous seasons (sans the Cleary saga that was not of our doing). Of course,

I want my team to play finals, but given where we have come from in previous season I’m really proud of this group and proud to be a Tigers supporter. Thanks Tigers for 2018!

It really was a good coaching performance by Cleary to get this group of cattle into 9th place.Knowing his eye for talent he will/has made recruitment decisions that will help us in the future.

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:40 am

Clear 9th! Not even Canberra can claim that, not Manly, The Dogs or Parramatta. I'm disappointed that we weren't in the 8! But we weren't completely hopeless. Farah stuffed Brooks totally!
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 1:02 am

TIGER wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:11 pm
Well we went a lot better than I expected so I can't complain, disappointing that we didn't make the 8 when we really should have though.

Packerlino were outstanding.
The backs were unable to effectively carry the load for a pack of forwards that struggle to break the advantage line tonight, and seemed to make as many metres going backwards as they did going forwards.

We got smashed and I cant recall such a dominate physical display from one team over another in a long time.
I have been drilled a few times over my frustration at the lack of go forward and run metres by our starting props - Packer was lucky to be spared from that tonight.
I hope it is addressed before next season but at this stage I am at a complete loss to understand what is happening with recruitment.
A bitter pill to swallow tonight after what I too thought was a better than expected season.

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 5:47 am

Thanks tigers....

NRL though... You are very disappointing!!
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 5:55 am

Yeah nah

No excuses after the way we started the season. Given how we were sitting after we put the sword to Manly at Brookie, it’s a big fat fail. And the scary thing is that it doesn’t look like improving next year. But I’m sure after the final round when we miss the finals for the 8th consecutive year there will be another thread like this.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:57 am

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:40 am
Clear 9th! Not even Canberra can claim that, not Manly, The Dogs or Parramatta. I'm disappointed that we weren't in the 8! But we weren't completely hopeless. Farah stuffed Brooks totally!
You are correct - Brooks won every game single-handedly before Farah returned. At the moment Farah is more important than Brooks. Brooks is about 50/50 in defence, does beauties and misses beauties but lacks size in attack and defence and not taking on the line sufficiently. And his grubbers couldn't hit an outside dunny. I have nothing against the guy - he is wearing the WTigers colours.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:07 am

Being happy with where we finished when no one ave us a chance is one thing, trying to tie that into the absolute rubbish the team dished up last night is another.

I hate these "real fan" threads!
Its an opinion!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:18 am

Has any team ever made as many metres going backwards as they did going forward?
I reckon we were close.

Our pack were embarrassed last night and gave us no chance whatsoever.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:41 am

Telltails wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:18 am
Has any team ever made as many metres going backwards as they did going forward?
I reckon we were close.

Our pack were embarrassed last night and gave us no chance whatsoever.
x2

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:48 am

Disappointed yep, Buy a Members package for next year, yep will buy 3 of them. With a couple of good signings hopefully we make the eight, we were never going to win last night as we couldnt make the eight. Then to top it off i bought a round of drinks & it cost $51.10, I kid you not.

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:50 am

The rebuild has started. The thing about rebuilds is you are meant to gradually progress and I can't see any evidence that we will progress next year.

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:52 am

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:40 am

A clear 9th, but I would rather be a few teams below us going into next year.