Re: Thanks Tigers!

Post by formerguest » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:04 am

gallagher wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:26 pm
Snake wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:21 pm
If the club has got any good news they better get it out quickly ,
Farah/ Marshall was the good news.
Yeah, really exciting and nailed our direction to the mast.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:16 am

tigerbenji wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:48 am
Disappointed yep, Buy a Members package for next year, yep will buy 3 of them. With a couple of good signings hopefully we make the eight, we were never going to win last night as we couldnt make the eight. Then to top it off i bought a round of drinks & it cost $51.10, I kid you not.
What a load of pure and utter rubbish
Raiders and dogs couldnt make the eight last week yet beat finals teams
Knights, Dogs, raiders the week before
NQ, Manly, Eels the week before
It will happen this week too

For them to dish this up going into an off-season, to leave us fans with this memory all summer with more than five months to erase it...its enough to make one walk away
I can accept my team being beaten fairly...some of our blokes racked their cues last night.
I usually leave early when we get flogged...I stayed til after full time to try and witness something I could take into the off season. and the only thing of value I saw was Mbye going to some fans on the eastern side, Jesse (I think) MCK, Liddle Kev went to another group...

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:17 am

As much as I wish we made top 8 or at least won this week, I'm still proud of the boys and how they played above their ability. Coming into this season I would of never picked us to finish 9th or win as much games as we lost. As much as people will complain I'm still proud to be a Tigers fan.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:27 am

I think last nights game is the perfect way to finish the season and a great indication of how this team would progress in the finals. It wouldn't. Comprehensively outclassed.
It was the best warning the team could have sent to the coach before the off season, something has to change. Let's hope Ivan knows what changes need to be made and can make them.
Otherwise thanks to the Wests Tigers Team, Coaching staff and Management for your efforts through the season.
"Quality Stupidity"

Curly Tiger

Post by Curly Tiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:32 am

I'm with Cheffo on his post. Based on our roster if you'd have told me at the start of the season that we'd win as many as we lost and be on the edge of the 8, I would take that based on where we have been in previous years, especially in the year after we lost probably 2-3 of our best players of the previous couple of seasons, including two SOO players

I understand others may expect more and that's fair enough, we are all entitled to our opinions. I prefer to focus on the positives and in a 12-12 season, there are at least as many of each, so we can all go either way

In terms of last night's game, sure they weren't good but Souths really were. They had lost 3 in a row, were finally back at full strength and needed a big performance to kick start their finals campaign. We on the other hand were playing for nothing, we were 9th staying 9th. Doesn't justify some of the defensive lapses but it's not massively surprising

Brooks came along leaps and bounds this year, Chris Lawrence was reborn, Fonua showed glimpses of something different, and Marsters became an international centre. Our forwards scrambled well most of the year in defence but didn't offer a lot in terms of getting a roll on and we definitely have a hole at 6 and a centre and in general lack speed

Congrats also to board and management, we have been pretty much drama free other than the Ivan issue which came from beyond their control. This isn't a simple issue and I'm not judging any of the players too harshly other than Gus and the Panthers management, who I think most would agree have come out of this looking pretty bad, plus it doesn't seem to have done wonders for their season, although they are in the finals so anything is still possible

Hopefully Ivan stays, strengthens our squad further and addresses some of our weaknesses as best he can and we continue the progress we achieved this year

Well done Tiges!

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:53 am

Curly Tiger wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:32 am
I'm with Cheffo on his post. Based on our roster if you'd have told me at the start of the season that we'd win as many as we lost and be on the edge of the 8, I would take that based on where we have been in previous years, especially in the year after we lost probably 2-3 of our best players of the previous couple of seasons, including two SOO players

I understand others may expect more and that's fair enough, we are all entitled to our opinions. I prefer to focus on the positives and in a 12-12 season, there are at least as many of each, so we can all go either way

In terms of last night's game, sure they weren't good but Souths really were. They had lost 3 in a row, were finally back at full strength and needed a big performance to kick start their finals campaign. We on the other hand were playing for nothing, we were 9th staying 9th. Doesn't justify some of the defensive lapses but it's not massively surprising

Brooks came along leaps and bounds this year, Chris Lawrence was reborn, Fonua showed glimpses of something different, and Marsters became an international centre. Our forwards scrambled well most of the year in defence but didn't offer a lot in terms of getting a roll on and we definitely have a hole at 6 and a centre and in general lack speed

Congrats also to board and management, we have been pretty much drama free other than the Ivan issue which came from beyond their control. This isn't a simple issue and I'm not judging any of the players too harshly other than Gus and the Panthers management, who I think most would agree have come out of this looking pretty bad, plus it doesn't seem to have done wonders for their season, although they are in the finals so anything is still possible

Hopefully Ivan stays, strengthens our squad further and addresses some of our weaknesses as best he can and we continue the progress we achieved this year

Well done Tiges!
There are many aspects of your post that I agree with mate and I do understand we are re-building.

I have slept on last night's game and feel a bit better now (I was fuming). The thing that made the original post hard to swallow was the timing and wording of it. Cheffo comes out with a post that bagged and labelled some supporters for being moaners etc immediatley after a thrashing/horrid performance on the last game if the season.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:55 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:56 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:18 pm
Oh no .....
We sucked again !

No sugar..?
No

Candy Caned

It was bad Geo ...
Really bad !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 9:02 am

Tcat wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:53 am
Curly Tiger wrote:

Well done Tiges!
There are many aspects of your post that I agree with mate and I do understand we are re-building.

I have slept on last night's game and feel a bit better now (I was fuming). The thing that made the original post hard to swallow was the timing and wording of it. Cheffo comes out with a post that bagged and labelled some supporters for being moaners etc immediatley after a thrashing/horrid performance on the last game if the season.

Thats the issue.

People playing the "real fan" card so soon after the team dished up that garbage
Its an opinion!

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:13 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:57 am
LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:40 am
Clear 9th! Not even Canberra can claim that, not Manly, The Dogs or Parramatta. I'm disappointed that we weren't in the 8! But we weren't completely hopeless. Farah stuffed Brooks totally!
You are correct - Brooks won every game single-handedly before Farah returned. At the moment Farah is more important than Brooks. Brooks is about 50/50 in defence, does beauties and misses beauties but lacks size in attack and defence and not taking on the line sufficiently. And his grubbers couldn't hit an outside dunny. I have nothing against the guy - he is wearing the WTigers colours.
Do you actually watch any games? or is the reception that bad up there it is impossible to do so.

All you do is (excuse the pun) rabbit on about and defend Farah. It is back to the boys club with Benji receiving 75% of the ball from DH - that is not the way it should be - Farah to ISP in 2019. Liddle should be the 9 end of story.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:19 am

Curly Tiger wrote:

Well done Tiges!
Well said Mate - agree with everything you said except for Fonua (Not an NRL player and keeps proving it).

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:25 am

Russell wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:19 am
Curly Tiger wrote:

Well done Tiges!
Well said Mate - agree with everything you said except for Fonua (Not an NRL player and keeps proving it).
Only signs fonua is showing for next year is a new haircut....but who knows, u never know what will happen during the off season, he could come back improved or he could come back and .... :deadhorse: :bash

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:27 am

I did not want to say it but was taking it on their word of many posters here that Benji was past his use by date. If that is the case then of course Farah should not be posting it to Benji, Benji should not be on the field. I believe Benji is only there so often due to injury. Well he and coach cannot help that. He certainly tries his guts out. Similar story for Farah, it will all come out in the wash next year. But that still leaves the spine with little boys who have question marks over sustainability over full time whole season duties.

I only like WT to have the strongest team regardless of whom and hopefully Farah reach 300 games FG here or elsewhere. Luke can practise grubbers on that notorious smelly building at LO.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:39 am

gallagher wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:02 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:01 pm
gallagher wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 10:00 pm
Yeah thanks. You can shove my membership up ya clacker Pascoe.
Do you even have one
Yup. I feel conned.
The part I am curious about is what you think your membership entitles you to?

Conned by what? You ponied up to watch a set number of Tigers matches and they provided seating at those matches.

Was there some promise or guarantee of minimum success?

Membership is support only, if you want guarantees, put the money in a term deposit. If you dont want to pay up, fine, but dont complain when you do.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:57 am

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:39 am
gallagher wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Do you even have one
Yup. I feel conned.

Conned by what? You ponied up to watch a set number of Tigers matches and they provided seating at those matches.

Membership is support only, if you want guarantees, put the money in a term deposit. If you dont want to pay up, fine, but dont complain when you do.
Jirskyr, let him vent out and feel better. He is making up for myself who does not cough up. I feed my whole household can't I complain if my missus tells me she is too tired so am not getting my money's worth - not too much different.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 11:19 am

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:39 am
gallagher wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Do you even have one
Yup. I feel conned.

I dont know about guarantees, but I expect the team to give it everything as so called professionals theyre supposed to be, but last night I saw some that didnt give it their all...so I feel a bit ripped off, or let down might be a better term

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:55 pm

gallagher wrote:
Snake wrote:
Really? That's it? :lol:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 1:10 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:55 pm
gallagher wrote:
Snake wrote:
Really? That's it? :lol:
Farah is like root canal - not the best but necessary

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 1:43 pm

I predicted this year we would go from 13-16th too 9-12th.

9th is good but we could have come 8th. Looking at the top 8 we are no where near them.
The Storm, Rabbits, Roosters Sharks and Panthers are teams of Superstars.
The Dragons and Brisbane both have strong rosters and used them well.
The Warriors were the surprise of the comp.

The Cowboys were the real surprise of the Comp, I would have expected Parramatta to be top 8 but the Cowboys should have been top 4. Boy they let their fans down.

As for the Tigers, we lost too many games in the middle. We should have been top 8. It's another season finishing at 9th. While our roster is not as good as the top 8 we had the chance and blew it. Sure our roster is not as good as any team in the 8, but we definately had the opportunity.