jirskyr wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:00 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:41 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 4:49 pm

I don't want guarantees but I expect the club to do its best to improve itself. We are no better as a club or as a team since Sheens left.
If membership is for support then I guess they've lost mine.
If 7 wins to 12 wins and 14th into 9th arent an improvement then I don't know what is.

The current mob can only improve what came the year before.

No, we arent better as a club since Sheens left, but those teams we had when he left were bloody good.

If you don't want to support them any more, no drama, kick a dog when he's down. I'm not saying you support them at any cost, but when they are clearly doing better in 2018 than 2017 - and you were a member I assume in 2018 despite everything that happened last year, then I'm just not clear what your expectations are towards entitlement as a member.
I think members are entitled to expect the club to better spend the money given to the club. They make a profit off memberships so we should expect them to use that money wisely.
That's pure nonsense.

For starters, you have no idea either how they are spending the money or whether or not they are spending it appropriately. Don't say results, because results are not guaranteed from expenditure, otherwise Broncos would win the comp every year.

But more than that, actually no you are not entitled to expect the club to "better spend" the money. You bought tickets, that's all you bought. Slightly discounted tickets in exchange for a bulk purchase. Don't be fooled into thinking you are a member with any voting or decision rights, like paying subscription fees to a club. NRL clubs use the term "members" to put an emotional slant on the sale of tickets. Members are full or partial season ticket holders, no more and no less.

It would be like saying you expect McDonald's to better spend their money because they make a profit when you buy lots of Chicken McNuggets.
I expect the nuggets to be of a certain standard though.
I won't be giving them a cent next year anyway so my expectations as a supporter doesn't really matter any more.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 9:24 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 4:45 pm
tigerbalm wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 4:23 pm
Thanks for tricking me in to thinking you were a footy team for 6 weeks. I don't blame Wests for that, i blame myself. I should of known better.

It was a glorious 6 weeks though, food tasted better, the days were a little brighter and my step had a little spring in it. Imagine being a supporter of a real team that made finals and didn't loose by 50 regularly. I bet they live longer. Juro, do a curve of life expectancy of Wests supporters vs say Melbourne supporters. I bet we head to early graves well before our southern counterparts

Yes, thanks west!
You need a distraction my friend. Talking of early death is taking it a tad too far.

There is a secret - before every Tigers game, consume vast amounts of alcohol. Takes the edge off!
Yep. Do that before every game ! And consume double that AFTER every game.even if it was a good game, so We can live permanently in the same foggy haze that our team lives in for most of the season.
I can’t hack all the excuses that are always rolled out for us by some.
A realistic pass for the year is to make the Semis for our team it would maybe
signify a pass mark.
Its not such a high bar
Teams for years had to be in the top 5 to qualify, rare air for us!

All this rubbish about getting NEARLY there , is just to feel better ,it is the same mediocrity that we reach for the vast majority of our years in the NRL and Before.

Nothing’s changes until we get Quality on the field,
And il believe that when aI see it
As for the Telegraphs poll saying we are one of the teams that players would like to come to.,
That must have been some Cartoonists joke of the year,
Maybe they were talking about some C Grade players from Oodnagallaby.

greatwhitehunter

Post by greatwhitehunter » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 9:39 pm

Next year no finals football with Benjii and Robbie playing crap football.

Grub to go to the Dogs in a mid season move after playing like crap for us. We'll pay 3/4 of his salary for the remaining 2.5 years of his dream deal.

Cleary's signings have largely been duds - McQueen, Reynolds, Marshall, Rochow included

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:08 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 9:04 pm
I won't be giving them a cent next year anyway so my expectations as a supporter doesn't really matter any more.
They're nuggets mate. Tigers are the McNuggets of the NRL.

And no, your expectations don't matter. I'm surprised you are pulling your funding after 2018 - I mean there have been plenty of BS seasons in the past, but 2018 of all seasons to go off the rails and dump the club.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:12 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:08 pm
gallagher wrote:

And no, your expectations don't matter. I'm surprised you are pulling your funding after 2018 - I mean there have been plenty of BS seasons in the past, but 2018 of all seasons to go off the rails and dump the club.
Let it go !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:13 pm

jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:

I guess I'm just sick of nuggets.

kafta

Post by kafta » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:16 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:13 pm
jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Yeah you need to take a dump after all those rotten nuggets

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 4:48 am

gallagher wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Try a filet o fish..under rated..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 4:51 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 4:48 am
gallagher wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Yuck, fish from McDonald's? No thanks
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 6:59 am

Geo. wrote:
gallagher wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:

But under the cap?
That's the question

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:59 am

steve-o wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 4:51 am
Geo. wrote:
gallagher wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Yuck, fish from McDonald's? No thanks
Yeah better off just eating a fish finger between two slices of wet bread. Probably cheaper as well.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 9:00 am

westTAHger wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 5:05 pm
There were some good performances, and some dis-appointing ones.
Regardless, I"ll once again be on the rollercoaster ride of being a wests tigers fan for season 2019.
Pretty much how I feel Tah. I felt we should have made the eight and blew it but it has been better than years recent and I'll be back again next year to ride the highs and lows.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 10:05 am

As long as i am alive i will be back for another year.WT are in my blood and will stay there as long as i draw breath
I survived the 3 worst coaches in Jones,Lamb and Taylor and wooden spoons and have only watched my team win 2 grand finals despite playing in 5.I do feel for supporters who came from the magpie side as their memories would be even more harsh than mine but i am sure most of them are rusted on to our club as i am.
Yes there is no doubt i would have liked a better ending to the season than this one but like the vast majority of supporters on here i will be back next year.We are all shattered and disappointed in how it finished but i am sure the vast majority will be back in 2019 and onwards.
Supporting a football team of any type is a life time committment

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 4:59 am

I think people would have been way more upbeat had we beaten the Bunnies on Thursday night.

I'll certainly be membering up again, but sure do hope we pick up some quality recruits

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 7:10 am

Tigerdave wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 4:59 am
I think people would have been way more upbeat had we beaten the Bunnies on Thursday night.

I'll certainly be membering up again, but sure do hope we pick up some quality recruits
This forum's reaction is absolutely no different to other team forums where their team has lost badly - they are demanding a kilo of flesh, that heads roll and mulesing of all adult males.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 11:55 am

hobbo wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:12 pm
jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Let it go !
Thanks Elsa