Modern game is all about speed and power

Wests Tigers Discussion
Plato

Re: Modern game is all about speed and power

Post by Plato » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 11:02 am

I agree with Eddie and most of these posts but would add that if we are serious about winning we need to get down and dirty. We have a nice management team, a nice coach, a nice coaching staff, a nice culture, nice old players, nice little players, all sitting together in their nice little bus, and we are continually getting beaten by monster teams full of the not-nice thugs, drunks, druggies, and idiots we have let go. The dirty dozen will beat snow white and the seven dwarfs every time. I'm not saying we should compromise our principles, but we should harness and manage people like that a little better, and keep the aggression, rather than have the not-nice teams use it against us. Keep the monsters in their cages and let them out on weekends.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 11:16 am

Plato wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 11:02 am
I agree with Eddie and most of these posts but would add that if we are serious about winning we need to get down and dirty. We have a nice management team, a nice coach, a nice coaching staff, a nice culture, nice old players, nice little players, all sitting together in their nice little bus, and we are continually getting beaten by monster teams full of the not-nice thugs, drunks, druggies, and idiots we have let go. The dirty dozen will beat snow white and the seven dwarfs every time. I'm not saying we should compromise our principles, but we should harness and manage people like that a little better, and keep the aggression, rather than have the not-nice teams use it against us. Keep the monsters in their cages and let them out on weekends.
that is why I don't hold players' personal failures outside the game against them. If they are tops on the field that over rules everything else. Like the Statue of Liberty says.. give me your crooks, John Elias's, Hodges, Carneys, Pearce and Big Willies
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:09 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:01 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:00 pm
I hope the coaching and recruitment staff watch tonight’s game over and over and over. Our forwards were absolutely pulverised like I’ve rarely seen before. Our so called future in Eisenhuth, Aloiai, Cheekam and Twal were monstered. We went backwards (literally) all night. SIGN SOME DECENT, BIG, STRONG, TOUGH FIRST GRADE STANDARD FORWARDS
Haven't watch it but I'm sure Luke Brooks game management was to blame...
The thing I noticed the most was we were about 42 points short , apart from that we couldn't defend ,attack , not show a great deal of effort we were right in it up to our eyeballs

We need size on the edges that can dint the line and dint attackers , we need someone up the guts that can get us continually on the front foot

We need a solid centre with some size that gives us serious options on both sides

Speed helps but it isn't the be all and end all

The Cowboys aren't overly quick and apart from this season they have been a serious contender for the last 5 seasons

Sharkies aren't overly quick either