Wests Tigers players present at venue involved in drug raids

Wests Tigers Discussion
Masterton

Re: Wests Tigers players present at venue involved in drug raids

Post by Masterton » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 7:58 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 11:49 pm
If we are going to do this , can we at least set the plodders up so we can get rid of them legally without any financial loss
Didn't work for Kyle Lovett.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 11:35 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Sat 08 Sep, 2018 6:57 am
Cue the googling of Just a Dash Melbourne Cup. :lol:
Sadly perhaps I don't have to Google it. 1981? Tommy Smith's last Melbourne Cup winner. Just sandwiched in between Belldale Ball and Gurners Lane breaking hearts by running down Kingston Town.

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 11:41 am

One of Sydney's finest and most reputable drinking establishments.

Nothing to see here gents.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 1:16 pm

Syd R9 no. 6

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 1:26 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 08 Sep, 2018 11:35 am
Doc Tiger wrote:
Sadly perhaps I don't have to Google it. 1981? Tommy Smith's last Melbourne Cup winner. Just sandwiched in between Belldale Ball and Gurners Lane breaking hearts by running down Kingston Town.
[/quot
It was 1982 when mal crucified Kingston Town you could not imagine a worse ride than what he did

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 4:00 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 08 Sep, 2018 6:56 am
I had to fly to Melbourne on Wednesday. After going through the X-ray scanner there was a dude at the end doing searches for bomb technicians. I got randomly picked. Is this a story as well ?

I can see the headlines now.
White guy from NorthBeaches caught in anti Terrorist search.
I'd have a running column on thus, I get picked off at the airport everytime I'm there.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 4:17 pm

Should be able to sue the pants of most of the media outlets. Our brand name was splashed all over the media and portrayed in a bad light because two players were at a venue that had a random drug search. Just a rubbish story, but a certain amount of mud sticks even when there is no substance to the source

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 5:29 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sat 08 Sep, 2018 1:26 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:
[/quot
It was 1982 when mal crucified Kingston Town you could not imagine a worse ride than what he did
Hence 1981 being sandwiched between 1980 and 1982! But yeah Mal went too early

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 5:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 4:18 pm
An old watering hole of mine the Illinois, grew up locally, was a good pub once upon a time...had my 18th there
I too frequented the Illinois for many a year (1987- 2002) and spent many a weekend enjoying the football and races on TV along with more than a few beers. Lamenting a Magpies loss or celebrating a win meant only a short stagger home- only danger was crossing Parra Road to Croydon side. Good times usually.

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 5:42 pm

We cant even get the article for defamation I reckon, heading was sensational but the article was nothing.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 08 Sep, 2018 9:38 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:
If we are taking Ink's age and his claim he must be talking about Archer , not Just a Dash

And a few people have been asking me about Madotti , Vienna Queen and Vienna Royale all are retired

Tiger_Fan18

Post by Tiger_Fan18 » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 9:57 am

WESTS Tigers insist star playmakers Josh Reynolds and Luke Brooks have nothing to answer for after they were subject to a police drug search at a strip club last weekend.

The pair were at a venue in Sydney’s inner west on Saturday night when police sniffer dogs entered for a drug search.

Seven News reported on Friday that the pair were searched, however NSW Police has since confirmed to AAP that the 29 and 23-year-old males will not be the subject of any further action.

“At about 12am on Sunday 2nd September, police from Burwood Police Area command attended a hotel on Parramatta Rd Five Dock, as part of a proactive operation targeting licensed premises,” NSW Police said in a statement.

“Inquiries continue.

“Two men aged 29 and 23 were in attendance but will not be subject to any police action regarding this operation.”

The pair notified Tigers management of the matter earlier this week, and it has since been passed on to the NRL’s integrity unit.

“NSW Police searched the entire group at the venue inclusive of Reynolds and Brooks and recorded the events,” the Tigers said in a statement.

“Both players remained at the venue once Police left. Neither player has had any further contact with NSW Police since the event.

“The club has contacted the NRL integrity unit regarding the matter to inform them. Wests Tigers will take no further action regarding this matter.”

Regardless, it comes at the end of a horror week for end-of-season celebrations, as the Bulldogs continue to feel the hurt from their Mad Monday antics.

The club was fined a record $250,000 by the NRL on Thursday after photos of naked and vomiting players were published in the media following their function at a Sydney pub.

Four players were subsequently sanctioned financially by the Bulldogs while two were issued with court attendance notices for wilful and obscene exposure

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:37 am

I think its time for the NRL to step in and talk to these media outlets as this is NOT news..

They clearly did not do anything wrong and should not of even made the news..

Makes me sick as people that don't actually read the articles think that the Tigers players had drugs on them and puts us in a bad light to the public..

If the player have to be accountable so should they.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:40 am

They really need to give - trying to make a story out of nothing - and trying to tag it onto the Bulldogs fiasco.

Where is the above story from???? Need to advise source. Probably Telecrap again.

Nothing to see here!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 11:07 am

Off topic, how good was it watching that weasel Rothfilth squirm in his chair while Heaps and Hollywood went to town on him last night? Did his best to deflect his rags involvement in actively creating the Bulldogs Mad Monday story but they just hammered him.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 11:10 am

No surprise Hughes pointing at the trlecrap he's basically condoned the bulldogs behaviour from the start arguing it was private

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 11:30 am

It would have stayed that way if a News photographer hadn't gone out of their way to take photos and create a story.

Obviously they don't nude up to start off with they aren't exposed (pardon the pun.)

Just sick of wankers like Rothfilth running their line "we shouldn't be talking about this we should be promoting the game," when they actively encourage their team to go out and manufacture stories and employ paparazzi type tactics. He's a germ.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:01 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:37 am
I think its time for the NRL to step in and talk to these media outlets as this is NOT news..

They clearly did not do anything wrong and should not of even made the news..

Makes me sick as people that don't actually read the articles think that the Tigers players had drugs on them and puts us in a bad light to the public..

If the player have to be accountable so should they.
New headline: "NRL tries to suppress drug story"
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."