Wests Tigers Discussion
happy tiger

Re: Season in Review: Benji Marshall

Post by happy tiger » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 5:15 pm

willow wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 4:13 pm
Tarl wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 2:17 pm
I'm curious as to why NRL teams insist on the same team each week. Certain individuals, Marshall included, noticeably lost quality when playing multiple games in a row. But after enforced stints on the sideline, they returned fresh.

Wouldn't it be better to rest playmakers, maybe have Benji and Reynolds share the role, taking the role for a few weeks at a time, so as to increase their longevity and allow high quality for both players?

Also, this doesn't waste an interchange...
Because Reynolds spent most of the season injured.
Giving them a game off now and then can't hurt too much

But as a player you want to keep a good run going if you are playing well , doesn't take much too lose a bit of timing as a play maker

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 5:19 pm

Benji scrapes a pass mark for this season. Some quite good games mixed with a lot of absolute rubbish. Same old Benji. We could barely make the finals when he was in his prime.
He'll be seeing a fair bit of ISP next year. Odd decision to play on when he'll likely retire in reserve grade

Tarl

Post by Tarl » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:34 pm

willow wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 4:13 pm
Tarl wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 2:17 pm
I'm curious as to why NRL teams insist on the same team each week. Certain individuals, Marshall included, noticeably lost quality when playing multiple games in a row. But after enforced stints on the sideline, they returned fresh.

Wouldn't it be better to rest playmakers, maybe have Benji and Reynolds share the role, taking the role for a few weeks at a time, so as to increase their longevity and allow high quality for both players?

Also, this doesn't waste an interchange...
Because Reynolds spent most of the season injured.
I'm talking about 2019. Already forgotten about 2018.